TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

HD: Axel on the rampage

Okay, I'll be writing a couple of small segments this week where Axel roams around backstage to try and find out who the new President is.

COLE
Welcome back to HeldDown boys and girls, and with OAOAST Syndicated coming up this Saturday night, we're in for a big week!

COACH
Correct Mikey, and with last weeks shock developments coming out of that OAOAST Board meeting, who knows whats going to happen tonight?

CABOOSE
Hopefully you get relieved of your position as well.

COACH
Lets be friends, you and I.

CABOOSE
:angry:

COLE
Anyway, we're about to have our next ma- wait a second guys, I'm getting word that the former GM himself is just arriving!

*WHOOSH*

We are whooshed backstage, as a black... what do you fancy Americans drive anyway?  Okay, I'll go with what I know... limo pulls up outside the arena.  The driver doesn't open the door for the passenger though, it is flung open, and Axel hurridly jumps out of the vehicle with his bags, storming through the back doors and into the backstage area.  Passing members of the locker room as he walks down the corridor, Axel stops midway down the hall and stares at the figure in front of him, as his face turns from a look of anger to one of disgust.

AXEL
You had a hand in this, didn't you.

The figure is revealed... to be FORMER OAOAST PRESIDENT BILL WATTS OMG!

WATTS
Don't get your panties in a knot, son.  The Board made this decision, not me.  Maybe you can go back to being emo gothic boy now?

The crowd shouts "OOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!" at the burn by the former Prez.

AXEL
Watch it old man.  You're playing with fire.  You don't know who you're de-

WATTS
Whats that?  I don't know who I'm dealing with?  Well, it looks like I'm dealing with another midcard attraction.

"OOOOOOHHHHHHHH!"

AXEL
You've had it out for me since I took over the job, and that was evident last week when you named every great OAOAST Superstar except the one that matters.  Me.  That was a mistake.

WATTS
Maybe I left you out because you got lucky last year?

Axel's face turns a bright shade of red, and through clentched teeth, he addresses Watts again.

AXEL
Hey, you wanna get personal grandpa?  If you weren't so pathetic, I'd knock your ass to the ground right now.  But I wouldn't waste my time.  You'd challenge me, and then you'd go out there and embarass yourself.  Just like Dusty, and Flair, and Abdullah.  All the so-called 'veterans'.  But you're worse.  You had a hand in that last week.  I know it.  You made the recommendation.  I know it.  After last week's little spiel to the fans, I know you were responsible. 

WATTS
Well how do you know so much then IQ boy?

AXEL
Well Brokeback Bill, unlike you, I spend my time researching and trying to save my job.  I'm not one for riding off into the sunset.  But forgive me, from the stories I've heard about the *fingerquotes* "old days" of wrestling, you weren't riding, you were being ridden.

Watts steps up to the larger, younger former GM, fuming over the accusations that Axel is making.

AXEL
What, wanna step up now old man?  Wanna pretend that you didn't like the c*bleep* in the seventies?  Hey, everyone did, didn't they?  I bet you had an eighteen year old Brazilian boy waiting for you in every town, didn't you Bill?

WATTS
You disrespectful son of a bitch, I'm a family man.  How DARE you disresp-

AXEL
Save it, you worthless sack of *bleep*.  I'm angry.  I want to know who the new President is.  And I'll find out.

WATTS
Well, you won't find out from me.  And for the record, I [i]did[/i] tell the board that you should be fired.  If I had my way you wouldn't even be on the active roster.  The reason I [i]am[/i] here though, is to not only say goodbye to the boys in the back before I leave, but to give you a message, oh Dark One.

AXEL
And what might that be?

WATTS
Well, considering you haven't wrestled in a match since January, you've pretty much lost every ounce of credibility in the ring.  At least thats the way I presented it to the board.  As a result of that, you won't be getting any title shots soon.  That is, unless you want to get that procedure done and go for the Ladies belt.  But thats right, you lost your balls a long time ago, didn't you?

"OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Axel strokes his goatee, and gives a wry smile....

...before RAISING HIS FIST...

WATTS
Oh, and if you hit me, you're fired.

...and dropping it, not being able to follow through on the blow.  He sneers at Watts, before pushing past the former President, and into his locker room, leaving Cowboy Bill to smile, and walk away.

*WHOOSH*

COLE
Wow guys, talk about two men that hate each other.  We've never really acknowledged it on camera before, but the battle backstage between Bill Watts and Axel has been happening for months, and it goes back to when Stephen Joseph was appointed Pay Per View Coordinator for AngleSlam.

COACH
Cowboy Bill was treading a fine line there guys, Axel is one man you don't want to annoy.  He's making a big mistake guys, I'd love to see Axel knock his head off.

CABOOSE
Well, Bill's got insurance, Axel couldn't touch him tonight.  As long as Bill has the Board on side, even if he isn't the President, Axel will always be in trouble.

COLE
And Axel is at the bottom of the food chain at the moment!  Bill Watts made sure that he wasn't at the top of the card again!  I can't wait to see what other fireworks might go off tonight!

This is for later in the show, I don't really mind where.

We come back to HeldDown, and we are greeted to the former GM, Axel, storming through the hallways again.  He walks with a purpose past dressingrooms marked 'ZACK MALIBU', 'TONY BRANNIGAN' and 'CRAZY VAMPIRE', stopping at one particular door. This isn't the entrance to a dressingroom, rather, the room that Axel believes he should be in right now.

The label reads 'GENERAL MANAGER'.

Opening the door, Axel's look of anger turns to one of surprise and perhaps a little intrigue, as he sees the figure in front of him.

That figure is none other than the returning RYAN SMITH!

"YEAH!"

The crowd go somewhat semi-crazy for the returning Oklahoma native, as he looks on at Axel with the will that allowed him to pin Damaramu at AngleMania Three.

SMITH
Your mind games won't work this time, Axel!  I shan't lose!

Axel simply stares, not really knowing how to react.

SMITH
I pinned Damaramu two years ago, and now, I can pin you!  You just watch!

AXEL
...who the hell are you, and what the hell are you talking about?

SMITH
Who am I?  I'm an Oklahoma native!  I pinned Damaramu!  Who am I??

VOICE
HE'S RYAN SMITH! RYAN SMITH! RYAN SMITH BAH GAWD!

Axel turns around to see Jivin' JR in the room, quickly exiting after his line.

SMITH
See?  Jim Ross knows who I am!

Axel, flustered, addresses Smith.

AXEL
...right.  Look, Ronald, Ringo, whatever.  I don't care who you are, and I don't care who you... waitaminute, you beat DAMARAMU?

SMITH
One. Two. Three.

AXEL
Wow... anyway, I don't care.  I don't know exactly why I don't rip your head off right now, but consider it my good deed for the day.  Now, unless you know who the new President of the OAOAST is, you can leave.

SMITH
I'm not going anywhere.  This Saturday at OAOAST Syndicated, you and I face off, one on one, and just like Dama, you will be pinned!

Axel lunges forward and grabs Smith by the scruff of the neck, his expression changing from one of frustration back to pure ANGER.  He speaks slowly, almost in a whisper.

AXEL
Listen to me very closely.  Right now, I want to hurt someone.  I've been very, very generous in not putting you in a hospital bed right now.  If you know who the President is, tell me now.  If you don't, and you decide to test my patience by staying, I'll rip you a second asshole.  You say we're facing off on the weekend?  Right.  Well I suppose thats what Watts meant when he said I wasn't getting a title shot for a long time.  If you have any sense whatsoever, you won't even show on Saturday.  But by the looks, you aren't that bright.

SMITH
I'll not only be showing up on Saturday, I'll be pinning you one tw-

AXEL
Yeah, you can count.  Congradulations.  I'll give you one thing, you've got balls.  No brains, but balls.

Axel lets go of Smith and steps back... only to level him with a right hand!

COLE
What a cheapshot!

Axel shakes his right hand after the blow, and turns to the fallen Smith before he leaves.

AXEL
Thats better.

As the former GM walks out, having taken out his frustration for the night, we fade to commercial.

Sign in to follow this