TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

Tna's NEW "authority figure" is a former wwe booker &#33

I think this will be good for TNA.

IMO he wont be getting rid of the X division as everybody knows thats the staple division that the fans want to see.

And this is really good for the Tag team division which, lets be honest here, hasnt been very since they went on Spike.

Sure i would have prefered Bischoff of Heyman but this is the next best alternative and a damn good one at that.

Guest Coffey
1. Say goodbye to the X Division. Cornette is infamous for hating high-flyers and spot wrestling.

2. Cornette doesn't play well with others. He insists on getting his way, and only his way. If he had full creative control over TNA, he wouldn't listen to anybody else and would demand that everyone follow all his directions to the letter. If he didn't have full control, he'd eventually get fed up and quit or get fired, just like he has every time he's been forced to work on a booking committee.

3. Cornette has a very old-fashioned view of wrestling. Say hello to more Jarretts and Armstrongs on television, say goodbye to AJ Styles in the main event and all those multi-man X Div. scramble matches.

I have no problems with any of these. I like a ground-based, more realistic match. The X-Division is dead in the water anyway. It's spot monkeys with Styles, Daniels & Joe thrown in. Styles, Daniels and Joe are the only ones taken seriously. No one cares about Dutt, Sabin, Shark Boy, etc.

Cornette doesn't play well with others? OK. That doesn't affect me as a fan.

Cornette has a old-fashioned view of wrestling? GOOD! That's what TNA needs.

1. Say goodbye to the X Division. Cornette is infamous for hating high-flyers and spot wrestling.

2. Cornette doesn't play well with others. He insists on getting his way, and only his way. If he had full creative control over TNA, he wouldn't listen to anybody else and would demand that everyone follow all his directions to the letter. If he didn't have full control, he'd eventually get fed up and quit or get fired, just like he has every time he's been forced to work on a booking committee.

3. Cornette has a very old-fashioned view of wrestling. Say hello to more Jarretts and Armstrongs on television, say goodbye to AJ Styles in the main event and all those multi-man X Div. scramble matches.

I have no problems with any of these. I like a ground-based, more realistic match. The X-Division is dead in the water anyway. It's spot monkeys with Styles, Daniels & Joe thrown in. Styles, Daniels and Joe are the only ones taken seriously. No one cares about Dutt, Sabin, Shark Boy, etc.

Cornette doesn't play well with others? OK. That doesn't affect me as a fan.

Cornette has a old-fashioned view of wrestling? GOOD! That's what TNA needs.

TNA needs an old fashioned view of wrestling? If TNA was to go to an old fashioned style wouldn't that contradict everything the promotion is supposed to be about? TNA claims to be cutting edge & innovative.

And those spotfests you mentioned, some people like them, me included.

meh, I don't care for Cornette. Not in today's wrestling enviornment. 20 Years ago, 10 even, sure he was right in his comfort zone, but I don't like the way he basically he washes his hands of anything HE doesn't personally feel is "wrestling"

--Regarding reports from PWI that Jim Cornette is coming to TNA, I do know the sides have been talking for some time but we haven't had any confirmation a deal has been made. Cornette is undergoing knee surgery on Tuesday and wouldn't be able to appear for a couple of months. There is virtually no chance Cornette would become booker of OVW when Paul Heyman gets pulled, which is inevitable. Nobody really knows who will be booking OVW at this point.

From Da Meltz.

Looks like PWI might be a little premature on declaring this a done deal.

Cornette confirmed via ROH that he signed with TNA but will still work ROH and that they won't interfere with each other.

I still think it's interesting how one guy is in "charge" of the #2 and #3 american promotions.

Even more worrying they could be the no.3 and no. 4 promotions with "ECW" on it's way.