TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Invictus

DS Lite - The Thread

So, the DS Lite hits North America on June 11th. Just curious who is planning on picking one up, and if you are, do you already have a DS? Has anyone imported one and can give us some good impressions?

I have an electric blue DS myself and I, at first, had no real interest in getting a Lite, but seeing more and more of the footage and photos of it is starting to become almost too enticing to ignore. I'd like to get a Lite, transfer over my friend code stuff, and then trade in my DS, but I'm worried about what kind of resale value I'll get out of it and not sure if it will be worth it. Anyone in the same boat as me?

I don't want to get a lite right now. Maybe sometime in the future but I don't see myself getting a new verison of the DS for years. I did the samething with the Gameboy. I have the very first model of the Gameboy and when Nintendo started remodeling the Gameboy, it took me years until I got another one. I didn't get a Gameboy SP until Nintendo made that NES Gameboy SP.

I'm fairly sure I'll be trading in for the Lite by the end of the year. I mainly want to see if any other color schemes come out and I also need a hands-on before committing.

I'm gettin' one for my birthday, seein' as it's 11 days later and there ain't much else I want besides clothes.

AndrewTS talked me into getting one, when I asked about that New SMB, and if it was worth buyin' DS for.

It'll be the first system I've bought/recieved sense the either one of my PS2s fucked up, or when one of my X-Boxs fucked up.

So, yeah, other then replacement systems, this is my first new one in... I think 5 years.

I'm lookin' forward to it alot, that SMB looks so fucking good, and I've seen/read good things about alot of games for it.

The choice is trickier for me since I already have an electric blue DS.

The current plan is to let a friend buy it dirt cheap, then get the Lite. That way, I have the Lite, and I also have someone to play against.

Although, I hate the lack of colors currently. I also hate iPods aka A Trendy and Expensive Cry for Acceptance. The fact that the DS Lite is based on Apple aesthetics really turns me off, so either I'll wait for better colors, or I'm going to do everything I can to customize the current one.

Until the Lite is out in the US, it's going to be hard to find decent skins for it.

Smaller, lighter, brighter with a bigger stylus, better d-pad, better battery life (even on its brightest setting, it is supposed to be as good as the standard DS), and more sensible arrangement of some of the buttons.

http://www.fraggerock.com/images/gaming/ds..._comparison.jpg

Cabel's DS Lite video reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXQICqsa5I

I'll have to try it hands-on to really make up my mind, though, but if I didn't have one, like FroGG, I'd snap it up no question.

Smaller, lighter, brighter with a bigger stylus, better d-pad, better battery life (even on its brightest setting, it is supposed to be as good as the standard DS), and more sensible arrangement of some of the buttons.

http://www.fraggerock.com/images/gaming/ds..._comparison.jpg

Cabel's DS Lite video reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzXQICqsa5I

I'll have to try it hands-on to really make up my mind, though, but if I didn't have one, like FroGG, I'd snap it up no question.

Gotdamn, dude.

I really, really want one now. Thanks for that post.

:cheers:

Just swung by my local EB, they have some sort of trade-in offer for it, but it's only for 50 bucks, which is a joke. I may end up keeping my current DS after all (I was expecting at least $75).

EDIT: I guess I should mention, this was $50 CDN, and a new DS is $150 here.

If you want to put a GBA game there.

Rumble Paks fit there, too.

And even though I feel weird posting almost the same (pro-N) thing in three threads in like ten minutes, I'm getting my first DS on the 11th.

Just swung by my local EB, they have some sort of trade-in offer for it, but it's only for 50 bucks, which is a joke. I may end up keeping my current DS after all (I was expecting at least $75).

Funny thing--I was going to give it to a friend for 50 anyway if I go through with it. Hell, that way you can have someone else to play wifi with.

I really, really want one now. Thanks for that post.

No problem. There's absolutely no doubt of its awesomeness, so it's a no-brainer if you don't already have one. I didn't realize how many improvements there were until I saw the vids.

Only thing I don't like is the way GBA gamepaks stick out, but I dealt with GB carts sticking out of my SP, so it's no big.

I'll buy one eventually and give my old one to my girlfriend. At first she didn't want one (at all) but now that she's seen New Super Mario Bros. she's all over it. :lol:

I'll have an Ipod in one pocket

Tool...

Price is one hundred twenty-nine dollars, ninety-nine cents (+ all applicable state sales taxes).

I got one today. Thing is sexy. beautiful screens. I got New Super Mario Bros and Mario & Luigi Partners in Time. both are great. the latter is one of the best RPGs I've played in a good long while. and wall jump is the greatest mario innovation since 3D.

I picked one up today as well, it was completely worth it. The quality jump between the two, even just in the overall feel of it, is incredible. The screens are gorgeous, and the new stylus feels better too, much more solid and comfortable.

Guest Evolution

Black DS Lites.

Europe-exclusive or is there a good chance that they'll hit the States? If they'll hit the States relatively soon, I'll wait, otherwise I'll spring for a white one.

Im getting a black one when it hits UK shores this Friday. Im only getting one cause my bottom screen is a bit messed up from Pac n Roll and dirty thumb prints from playing Princess Peach (girls game i know, but i like it.)

Rumble Paks fit there, too.

Anyone else think they were shit? Its only helpful on Mario and Luigi.