TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

Rar files...

I have been trying to download some movies on bittorrent and a lot of them are rar files. I downloaded the Rar program for a Mac, but I can't seem to figure out to use it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

I'll bump this because I have a related question (not Mac):

I understand that WinRAR can be used to compile .rar archives, but I thought that the proper format was to have one .rar file, and have all the rest of the files be .r00, .r01, .r02, .r03, .r04, etc. If it's like that, in the proper format, you just click on the .rar file, and WinRAR will compile the whole archive for you.

So, I just recently downloaded a thirty-seven part file, but all thirty-seven parts have a .rar extension, and when I click on any one of them, I get a "the file 'xyz' header is corrupt," and the resultant file doesn't play properly.

What can I do to fix this? :huh:

I have been trying to download some movies on bittorrent and a lot of them are rar files. I downloaded the Rar program for a Mac, but I can't seem to figure out to use it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

When I bought my PowerBook, it had StuffIt Expander already on it, which handles .rar, .zip, and other archive types. It usually unpacks them automatically. Try looking for it on yours, I'd be surprised if it wasn't included with the computer.

It's probably an incomplete or corrupt set of files.
Well, the readme.txt that came with it said that there should be thiry-seven segments, and I counted thirty-seven segments. I haven't ruled out corrupt, but what is there that I can do about a corrupt archive?