TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Raw Thread - May/29th/06.

I wouldn't think smart marks would care enough about The Sandman to even worry about his entrance music.

His whole gimmick was getting drunk to Enter Sandman and swinging the cane! Without the music he is just another generic hardcore nobody. The same applies to New Jack without "Natural Born Killers" he is nothing but a fool who jumps off shit.

Bullseye x100.

Guest Princess Leena

Heyman gets draft picks

By Ed Williams III

May 29, 2006

Mr. McMahon has announced that in an effort to boost the new ECW brand, Paul Heyman will be given two draft picks – one from RAW and one from SmackDown.

Who Mr. Heyman will choose is anyone’s guess. Will he make that announcement on RAW tonight? WWE.com caught up with Heyman to find out.

“Well, first of all, I don’t think Mr. McMahon gave me anything,” said Heyman about his two draft picks. “I think ECW earned the right to have a draft pick from RAW and from SmackDown. And if you want to know whether I’ll reveal this information tonight, then you’ll have to tune in and find out.”

Paul Heyman is scheduled to be on RAW tonight after being challenged to a face-off by former ECW employee and current WWE Superstar Mick Foley. WWE.com talked with Foley today to get his comments on tonight’s face-off.

“We’re having this face off to clear up a couple of myths – namely one about me being some kind of prostitute,” said Foley. “If anybody has stood up for what’s good about sports-entertainment, I think it’s me. And if indeed I am a prostitute, then I’m just one with a new pimp named Mr. McMahon. And all things considered, I’d rather prostitute myself for Mr. McMahon than a low-life like Paul E.”

The situation between Foley and Heyman is a powderkeg ready to go off at any time. One thing is for certain, this will be one extreme face off tonight on RAW.

To see how it all unfolds, tune in to RAW at 9/8 CT on the USA Network tonight.

I wanna have Joey Styles punch Jim Ross.

But that's probably not going to happen.

....That'd be soooo awesome!

Heyman should draft Shane McMahon.

To quote Dangerous A here. "No!"

It'd work with the whole Paul Heyman is fucking with Vince ideal but since they made it clear that it's not a ECW vs WWE but just ECW as part iii of the company.

So drafting Shane would be pointless. I expect Heyman to announce he selected his choices but would reveal it at ONS2.

They will probably do alot of teasing and hints for this.

I'd like for them to make a "all wrestlers on Raw and Smackdown must attend the ONS event" ruling, so they can show a loaded roster of Raw/Smackdown/ECW.

So the speculation increases as for who the two picks are. They need to deliver on the picks, and can't be people like Jeter and Scott. While those guys are good talents, you need to make an impact with names.

How do they explain how certain wrestlers like RVD get to jump over to the ECW brand?

I'd like for them to make a "all wrestlers on Raw and Smackdown must attend the ONS event" ruling, so they can show a loaded roster of Raw/Smackdown/ECW.

So the speculation increases as for who the two picks are. They need to deliver on the picks, and can't be people like Jeter and Scott. While those guys are good talents, you need to make an impact with names.

How do they explain how certain wrestlers like RVD get to jump over to the ECW brand?

You know I was thinking about this about an hour or two ago. I was thinking the draft could help the sitution. If the draft is done on the same show, have Heyman take turns drawing names with the other GM's or if a draw is done every week, like last year, Heyman comes out on Raw and Smackdown and revels a name on each show. I say hold a draft the night after ONS.

You have to remember that Heyman is bringing in his ECW stars already, and he'll be using new fresh talents. Not to mention workers like RVD will be obviously jumping ship, 2 big names is all that Heyman would need. Heyman would explain that he has the new stars of the wrestling world signed "the talent the old dinosaurs missed"... explaining how Heyman discovered and made names out of Eddie Guerrero, Mysterio, Austin, Foley, Benoit, Taz, Sandman, Dudleyz, RVD and all those other big names from ECW and maybe he can even mention he discovered Brock Lesnar.

Just establish that Heyman made the stars that Vince and Eric stole from him but this time Heyman will get those new stars and keep them.

10 picks isn't neccesary. They are going to build this as the younger and/or pissed off workers are sick of JBL/Rhodes/McMahon/Long and want to be a part of something that means something or given a new lease on life.

You have to remember that Heyman is bringing in his ECW stars already, and he'll be using new fresh talents. Not to mention workers like RVD will be obviously jumping ship, 2 big names is all that Heyman would need. Heyman would explain that he has the new stars of the wrestling world signed "the talent the old dinosaurs missed"... explaining how Heyman discovered and made names out of Eddie Guerrero, Mysterio, Austin, Foley, Benoit, Taz, Sandman, Dudleyz, RVD and all those other big names from ECW and maybe he can even mention he discovered Brock Lesnar.

Just establish that Heyman made the stars that Vince and Eric stole from him but this time Heyman will get those new stars and keep them.

10 picks isn't neccesary. They are going to build this as the younger and/or pissed off workers are sick of JBL/Rhodes/McMahon/Long and want to be a part of something that means something or given a new lease on life.

I still think a few draft picks would be fine.

And since the show is about to start, I'm out of this thread for awhile. Enjoy the show.

The holiday shows are always interesting because they either pack it in or they really go all out because they try new stuff out because of the smaller viewership.

So do they pack it in or try new things out?

Heh, I just realized this is the same city that took a giant shit on the WCW revival and probably effectively killed the entire angle.

Any city would have shit on Bagwell vs. Booker, or whatever that monstrosity was.

Well at least they get back to an Eastern city next week where people will at least know what ECW was....since Raw is in Pittsburgh next week.