TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

The Smackdown thread for June 2, 2006.

To me, Bam Bam Bigelow is one of the all time greatest big men. He wasn't up there with Vader, but he could hold his own in the ring and was a lot better that most of the other big lugs throughout the 80's all the way up to today.

The man could really get around the ring.

My nephew made fun of him for years after seeing that WM match with LT, saying that he was just crap. I bought a tape of great BBB matches and gave it to my nephew along with one of those little action figures of him (I made a post here a year or two asking for help with all of this) and gave it to him for Christmas.

Let's just say he doesn't make fun of Bigelow anymore.

Send Birchill to ECW.

Who knows? It COULD work. Hell, Bam Bam Bigelow worked in the OLD ECW.

People tend to forget that Bam Bam was pretty damn over in WWF in the 80's. It's like people always think he was a JTTS that did the JOB to LT.

Eh, I figured he was.

But still, I don't know how many people thought he'd work for ECW.

KENNEDY NEXT WEEK! YES!

I'm still not entirely sure what Finlay's reaction to the Leprechaun is supposed to be. He doesn't seem to like the Leprechaun, yet keeps letting him out from under the ring.

Maybe it's his little brother or something?

I'm still not entirely sure what Finlay's reaction to the Leprechaun is supposed to be. He doesn't seem to like the Leprechaun, yet keeps letting him out from under the ring.

Yes, it's his brother, his formally conjoined siamese twin brother.

It's Finlay's deep dark secret that's he's kept under wraps for years, until now, and the little guy is pissed off and bitter at life and is ready to take out his pain on the pro wrestling world.

Yes, it's his brother, his formally conjoined siamese twin brother.

It's Finlay's deep dark secret that's he's kept under wraps for years, until now, and the little guy is pissed off and bitter at life and is ready to take out his pain on the pro wrestling world.

That makes the Katie Vick angle seem completely sane by comparison.

I say make it happen!

Loved Taz just now, great. I say let him choke out Lawler on RAW, then have Lawler piledrive Taz on SD next week to continue the build for the match.

I say make it happen!

Loved Taz just now, great. I say let him choke out Lawler on RAW, then have Lawler piledrive Taz on SD next week to continue the build for the match.

Or have one of those two at WWE vs. ECW.

...I already miss "CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKA?"

I say make it happen!

Or have one of those two at WWE vs. ECW.

...I already miss "CAN YOU DIG IT, SUCKA?"

Ah, I keep forgetting about that WWE vs. ECW show.

Sharmell is looking especially hot tonight. Could there be a better King of the Ring than Booker T? I mean really.

I remember an angle where a winner of the KotR had former winners show up and take them on. Who all was involved in that angle?

I remember an angle where a winner of the KotR had former winners show up and take them on. Who all was involved in that angle?

Might have been Shamrock, cause I believe both Owen and Mabel were a part of it.

My God, I totally forgot that Ken Shamrock won the King of the Ring in '98.

Yeah, I believe you are right, thanks.

I love that angle that we just saw, this could get really really good.

a Hassan/Khali/Diavari type of team would have been fun for just the Wrestlecrapiness of it, with Khali playing Hassan's foriegn cousin that can't get a job or make it anywhere in the US because of discrimination.

Might have been Shamrock, cause I believe both Owen and Mabel were a part of it.

It was a triple threat match between Ken Shamrock, Owen Hart, and Triple H a week or two after Shamrock won the tournament.

Guest Princess Leena

Poop, entirely forgot about SD this week. It's kinda lost in the shuffle with the massive ECW week coming up.

It was a triple threat match between Ken Shamrock, Owen Hart, and Triple H a week or two after Shamrock won the tournament.

Wasn't it called the "King of Kings" match...?

Wasn't it called the "King of Kings" match...?

If it was and if Triple H didn't win, he has no right to claim that he is that.

I'm almost certain that Mable was a part of all of that also. Heck, that's the part I remembered more than any of the other stuff.

I'm almost certain that Mable was a part of all of that also. Heck, that's the part I remembered more than any of the other stuff.

It was two different events:

Ken Shamrock defeated Owen Hart and Triple H in a three-way match on June 29th in a match between three King of the Ring winners who thought they were the best.

On July 6th, Mabel attacked Ken Shamrock after a match with Jeff Jarrett. Later in the night, Shamrock defeated Mabel.

I missed SD, but I'm curious about McCool's new gimmick. Pixplz. How blatant of a Hancock knockoff is it?

However, why SD, considering she was the only Diva Search winner/loser to demonstrate a lick of ability out of the gate?

I wanna know why Smackdown is SO BETTER booked then Raw. The final angle with Booker, Regal & Finlay gangbeating Lashley was amazingly well done. Lashley kept fighting back despite the beating.

Then you got how well their booking Henry, Khali. Other then the Rey fiasco, Smackdown is awesomely booked. So...Why the hell can't Raw and Smackdown be thsi good at the same time?

With the mass exodus of stars from SD, I think a ME "King's Court" heel stable with Booker, Regal, and Finlay would be awesome. Just have Regal and Finlay help Booker cheat to win the World title, then have Rey and Lashley act as the face foils.

Angle/Rey is now officially the new front-runner for TV MOTY.

Great SD overall. I don't know how they keep doing it.