TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

The OAO 2006 Hurricane Season Thread

Guest Princess Leena
Hey, people who are pooh-poohing all the hurricane talk: New Orleans got fucking destroyed because of people like you. Do some reading before spouting off dumb shit. The statistical peak of the season isn't even until the second week of September.

It got destroyed because people were stupid enough to build a huge city in the most humid part of the US, next to the Gulf of Mexico, and below sea level.

Technology is advanced enough where you can know at least 3 days beforehand about a hurricane, the approximate location of when, where, and how hard it will hit.

There's a good chance it hits the Florida area by Saturday, at the earliest. It may be a hurricane by then. At this point, there's little chance of it causing catastrophic damage. Therefore, let's not treat it like the end of the world.

The whole idea of building a port city on a gulf is pretty stupid. Why can't they just build port towns inland? And if people couldn't get out then its there own damn fault. Leena for Senator.

yeah but a 6 patty one? Come on now.

That's man food there. Something that will make you clutch your heart with each bite. Like when I used to order that 5 item special from Papa Johns and get three layers of cheese and two of pepperoni. That shit was so cheesey and greasy you had to hold it just right or the toppings would slide right off it son. But then, they stopped allowing that to be ordered.

Bitches.

Yum

Hmmm, lets hope we don't see this again in about 3 weeks. And hopefully people will be smart enough to get the heck out of there.

simcity.jpg

Looks like it has completely fallen apart and now they're saying it might get totally ripped apart if it brushes the Cuban mountains.

Good news there.

Looks like it has completely fallen apart and now they're saying it might get totally ripped apart if it brushes the Cuban mountains.

Good news there.

For some people maybe. *grumbles and goes back to the want ads*

Hooray for being in central VA and not having to deal with that shit for the time being.

You're lucky Debbie's falling apart and probably won't make it to the US. But you're about due for a big one on the eastern seaboard, ain't ya?

I liked the guy in NOLA who said he didnt care about Ernesto as he was cleaning up the outside of his still boarded up and not habitable house.

Really..I mean..sucks for all the people who have managed to get rebuilt already but I imagine a lot of people in NOLA are still waiting on things to get rebuilt and so its only going damage what was already damaged and rotting for a year..

I liked the guy in NOLA who said he didnt care about Ernesto as he was cleaning up the outside of his still boarded up and not habitable house.

Really..I mean..sucks for all the people who have managed to get rebuilt already but I imagine a lot of people in NOLA are still waiting on things to get rebuilt and so its only going damage what was already damaged and rotting for a year..

Are we not as proud Americans supposed to just shrug and say: "Fuck them they should have done better in school?"

SARCASM everyone! Just sarcasm!

What a diffence a few hours make.

According to most recent projections, Florida is now fucked. Storm is now anticipated to run smack into Florida. Possibility exists that Ernesto, as it recovers from crossing over Haiti, will reform into a "major storm system", meaning a strong Cat. 3 at least. The possibility exists that it might even make it back over Florida, reform AGAIN over the Atlantic, and bounce up the east coast. As of right now though that's a small possibility.

Guest Vitamin X

strm5_strike_720x486.jpg

Woohoo! Yeah, baby! THE CONE OF UNCERTAINTY

Although, I should note, the radar image they were showing earlier on the Weather Channel showed a really disorganized storm without a very well-defined eye, and since it's going to hit a shitload of mountains and land in Cuba, will probably strike us as a Category 1, if at all. I think it'll get the Gulf Coast area more, and a bunch of swamp a bit down south.

Well it looks like Orlando is getting at least Tropical storm winds. WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!! OH GOD!!! WHERE'S JIMMY SWAGERT WHEN YOU NEED HIM!! Anyways, I got water and batteries and i'm going out swinging if i'm dying. Got my shotgun with me.

Guest Vitamin X

I remember shortly after Katrina last year, I walked (well more like waded/swam) in through the flooded streets to a friend's house, where the power was off (down the whole block, actually). I walked in to his bedroom, and this kid, who's pretty big guy at 5'10" 250+, was sitting there with only shorts off, polishing his shotgun, looking far off into the distance.

I swear, all of a sudden it had felt like I had just wandered into the real-life, 2005 Miami version of Apocalypse Now. He just looked at me, continuing to polish the shotgun and said something along the lines of, "If those looting bastards come, I'm ready for them."

I could never have these stories without some kind of tragedy/disaster striking. Plus, I had power through that storm at least, so I was okay. This can't be worse than a Category 1.

Here's to tropical disturbances! :cheers:

Eh who am i kidding, i don't have a shotgun. I remember after charly, Sitting in my house with no power, food or air. All we had was water. That sucked ass and i hope i never have to go through that again. Ernesto will probably be like Jeane or the other ones in 2004.

Yep, looks like I spoke too soon. Come on, Charlottesville? What the hell. I can't even get a break from hurricanes for at least one season.

It's been pretty quiet so far though, knock wood. We're only on E, when last year at this time we were at K and had a few come through here already.

Weve been lucky so far this year deff knowck on wood, So far a few showers on Miami Beach but no gusts or any wind for that matter. Oh and que Viva John Morales, that guy seriously rocks!

Guest Vitamin X

I remember there was a guy on the news earlier in Key West (since, you know, everytime one of these happen, it's round the clock coverage on every single network) and the reporters actually had the gall to ask the guy, who covered Katrina (both here and in New Orleans), Wilma, and various other hurricanes in the past 12 years how this one "stacks up".

He was like, "This is ridiculously weak."

muahaha i saw that too, but then i gave up and went back to watching Naruto.

Guest Vitamin X

I hope you all get smacked with a hurricane sometime soon. We've been carrying the load for far too long now.

Wait, what am I talking about. I want this city to get washed down in a category 5. Are there any more brewing out there with some interesting potential?