TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Off-Season...

And I have Nitty as my second goalie in one of my leagues. Well shit, there goes my fantasy season already.

Oh and get this about Leanne Domi (Tie's ex). She is seeking $15,246 in monthly child support and $30,000 in spousal support (I'd assume this is also per month).

The guy isn't playing hockey anymore. How in the fuck do you expect him to pay that much? TSN analysts don't get paid that much.

Guest Felonies!

He should take a job at ESPN, then. I mean, $15,426 Canadian, that's like, what, dinner at Applebee's in American dollars?

And I have Nitty as my second goalie in one of my leagues. Well shit, there goes my fantasy season already.

Oh and get this about Leanne Domi (Tie's ex). She is seeking $15,246 in monthly child support and $30,000 in spousal support (I'd assume this is also per month).

The guy isn't playing hockey anymore. How in the fuck do you expect him to pay that much? TSN analysts don't get paid that much.

I'm sure he's got plenty of money saved (then again, it is Tie Domi we're talking about), and he's getting money from the contract buyout this year too.

October 4th, only a week away!

My Dad's looking to get tickets for Christmas break, hoping we can hit up the Bruins/Habs game.

The QMJHL season has begun. Thomas Beauregard and Mathieu Perreault both lead the league with 12 points in 5 games.

If Los Angeles can get Jack Johnson on the ice, they'll have a franchise defenseman for years to come. Oleg Tverdovsky was thrown into the deal because Rutherford has wanted to get rid of his salary for quite a while, he is solid but definitely not worth the price.

Kings' fans seem to think that Eric Belanger was a good player for the new NHL, which should fit right into the type of offense Laviolette likes to run. Hope you're right about Gleason, he was probably the centerpiece of the deal because the 'Canes wanted immediate help on defense.

While it hurts to lose a blue-chip prospect like Jack Johnson, I think the 'Canes have a few other defensive prospects with potential to develop into solid NHL players. Atleast Johnson went to a team the 'Canes will hardly ever play.

Pretty much why I said Gleason was a good pick up. He'll be what the Hurricanes need right now. Long term though, you are right if Johnson proves himself, he will probably be good.

Still, I likes this trade more for the Hurricanes who managed to dump Tver to the Kings (who don't really need him).

You guys are on crack. My favorite player on the Kings was Gleason, but he blew donkey dick this preseason. He's not good offensively at all. Belanger is 3rd line shit. The Canes just traded a future franchise defenseman for depth players. Gleason will be a 3rd d-man at best.

Guest nWoCHRISnWo

That was a TERRIBLE trade, I refuse to believe that was the best offer CAR could have gotten for Johnson. I really don't believe it.

You guys are on crack. My favorite player on the Kings was Gleason, but he blew donkey dick this preseason. He's not good offensively at all. Belanger is 3rd line shit. The Canes just traded a future franchise defenseman for depth players. Gleason will be a 3rd d-man at best.

No, I'm on a strict Tylenol 3 diet that contains a bunch of codiene and caffiene it to stave off the pain I feel from my broken finger and whatever the fuck I did to my right arm. ...its probably not helping that I'm typing here, but oh well.

I haven't seen what Gleason's done this preseason, but from what I know of him beforehand, he's a solid defensive defenseman who can do the job in his own end. That's what the Canes need, and frankly until Johnson plays, I don't know what he has to offer as I haven't see him play at all.

Yes, I know Johnson's predicted to be a stud, but frankly, until I see something I can't pass judgement and agree. Although, if Belanger being added (and not someone better) is kinda weak...

That was a TERRIBLE trade, I refuse to believe that was the best offer CAR could have gotten for Johnson. I really don't believe it.

With the salary cap, if the best offer the Oilers can get was Lupul and some picks for Pronger (regardless of if everyone knew he was up for grabs)., I'm only shocked the Canes didn't manage to weasle in a draft pick. Otherwise, its about par for what you'd expect for teams with salary caps.

Besides, as I just pointed out in the above, the only reason why I said Hurricanes look good so far is Johnson is a relative unknown and until I see him play this year (he'll make the Kings for sure), I can't really judge.

Johnson won't be coming out of college until next summer. He was pissed off that the Canes kept trying to pressure him into signing, because he told them that he would stay at Michigan for at least 2 years. His favorite NHL player is Rob Blake, and he's glad that the Kings are going to take it easy with him. Watching Fox College Sports last year, I can safely say that he's the real deal. He's dominant, and here's two videos.

The trade made perfect sense for the Kings because they had so many 3rd and 4th liners. Now, Kopitar and O'Sullivan get to play. They're probably going to trade a goalie too.

Ah, so its that Johnson. I remember hearing about him deciding to stay around for at least two years.

And his shot is about as good as Rob's was, cause damn, you definitely could hear that helmet get mashed by it.

I'm thinking that the Kings keep Garon if they are shuffling goalies.

Well, they extended Cloutier for 2 years, so they'll deal Garon or LaBarbera. Probably Garon, because he's going to be a free agent this offseason.

Yeah, it's the Johnson that nearly elbowed Downie's head off in the WJC's.

...man, I must be taking too many painkillers. I can't remember who the hell Johnson is, and then I don't even recall that Garon's an FA this off-season. Geezus. >_<

Though, now that I do recall who the hell ... *downloaded something and has been listening to this for now 28 minutes and finally remembers that he has a post to finish* <_< ...um, where was I? Oh right, I feel stupid about not realizing Johnson's potential.

While the fact that he wanted to stay in college was a factor, it wasn't the biggest factor in why Johnson was traded. Everyone wants to make Carolina sound like the bad guy, since everyone wants to make it seem like they traded Johnson on the simple fact that he wouldn't join the team this year. It was much bigger than that.

From day one, most 'Canes fans felt that Jack Johnson didn't want to play in Carolina. Obviously, in '03, there wasn't much to get excited about within the 'Canes organization. However, we offered him a chance to join the roster for the playoffs and he declined. Then, we offered him the opportunity to simply attend a couple of playoff games at the RBC Center and he even turned THAT offer down. I think that was the major sign that Johnson didn't want anything to do with the 'Canes.

Could the 'Canes have gotten a little more for Johnson? Definitely. I think they just took the best offer on the table from a team they knew they would hardly ever play. I don't think any Eastern conference team ever had a serious shot at trading for Johnson, so it was down to the west coast and it looks like Los Angeles made the best offer.

I love this trade through and through. It gives Montreal to bring up more of their young guns to play centre, and show-case any future deals later on, and it gives Montreal another good reliable defenceman that Montreal needs, when Breisbois left.

Niniimaa is shit. Look at his salary, and then wonder why the Stars had him as a healthy scratch.

You're both right. Ninnema is not going to strike fear into a streaking forward. But he will fit well with Montreal, he's at least not toooooo over the hill, and I think most Habs fans are happy to see Ribeiro go. It's possible we've got the bar pretty low with so many bad trades we've endured over the past nine years.