TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

2006 Bored's College Football Pick 'Em Sign Up Thread

Guest Princess Leena

Nevermind.

Portland State deserves for love, since they're responsible for Darick Holmes.

If he doesn't show up by next Sunday, they're yours.

He can take them.

I'll go a different direction this time around and take the San Jose State Spartans (just because I live in San Jose now)

Guest Princess Leena

Bored, please put Oregon State against their noted rivals Temple and Buffalo this year. Thanks.

So I take it you're not going to send me out into the cold, lonely wilderness since you reached your magic number?

Agent Bond showed up so your gone...um hippie. Actually if another person shows up and brings it to 42 your still in. At this point I don't care how many I end up getting in the contest as long as it's an even number.

Since I've reached my goal sooner than expected I might cut off sign ups next weekend since I'm an impatient fuck and I want to start working on the schedule. Right now I'm setting up a rough idea of what the conferences will look like as they are going to look much different than they have the last couple of years with now being five conferneces. Geographically some of them won't make much sense but I'm having to fit teams where I can. For example Notre Dame is probably going to get grouped with the Pac-10 teams because they play UCLA, Stanford, and USC in real life.

*Wonders who the SEC will be paired with, since the Big 12 is likely too big to help form the Big South conference this year*

The ACC. Damn, that won't be easy.

Lord, I hope that doesn't happen...

The Big South was strong enough last year with APO, Secret Agent, and myself all in the Top 5 of the final pre-bowl BCS poll.

Adding in you, IggyMcFly, Spaceman Spiff, and Edwin McPhisto negatively impacts my schedule tremendously, despite Secret Agent ending up in the Big 12's new conference.

So I take it you're not going to send me out into the cold, lonely wilderness since you reached your magic number?

Agent Bond showed up so your gone...um hippie. Actually if another person shows up and brings it to 42 your still in. At this point I don't care how many I end up getting in the contest as long as it's an even number.

So you think I'm just going to sit here and wait until the last possible fucking second to find out whether I'm deemed worthy enough of entering some hippie contest whose sport I don't even pay attention to?

Well you would be right. I've got nothing better to do. :(

There's 7 people signed up as SEC schools and 5 as ACC so that won't be happening.

Good. Are you going to do rankings before the season?

Yes...and since all holdovers are now signed up I can do preseason rankings. These are based on last year's results after the bowls. For those who are new these mean nothing and just there for the sake of having rankings for Week 1. Only three of the preseason Top 10 from last year finished in the Top 10 (teke, Chris, iggy).

Bored Championship Series Preseason Top 10

1. Alabama (AlwaysPissedOff)

2. LSU (teke184)

3. Syracuse (CanadianChris)

4. Texas A&M (Secret Agent)

5. Miami (Spaceman Spiff)

6. Georgia Tech (iggymcfly)

7. Ohio State (Gert T)

8. South Carolina (Cuban Linx)

9. Penn State (therealworldschampion)

10. Florida State (Kingofthe909)

So ya I'm cutting off sign ups after today. Unless there is a surprise new sign up today I've now set up the conferences which I will post tommorrow.