TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
benn

The OAO 6/26 Raw Thread

Scroby, I agree, that WAS Cena's MO up 'til '06.

Vs. Masters and Vs. RVD, Cena dominated most of the bout.

Vs. Edge and HHH, he got in a decent amount of offense.

Vs. HHH, it was closer than I expected.

Here we go.

I have noticed his matches have gotten better where he's either control in most the time or half the time for the most part of 06 but he still has the matches where someone else is in control for the match then all of a sudden he has them set up for a FU, hits it, then wins it.

Man, Trish got squashed.

If they go with Trish/Melina, who's left for Mickie?

Has anyone else noticed that, despite still having really corny, unoriginal "disses" and mic skills, John Cena has become a consistent main eventer, being game for really good matches and looking like a credible champion?

It is because of this that I hope John Cena kicks the shit out of Van Dam tonight and wins back the title.

I'm a Cena workrate mark.

No one expected HHH/Cena to be good at Mania, yet Cena not only delivered a good match (which HHH shined in), he had his finish put over, and really got "made" into a top player.

At Backlash, the 3 wrestlers had an awesome bout, and despite "Cena is definately losing", he won again, cleanly.

On Raw, Cena squashed the shit out of Masters, someone it took him 12-15 minutes to beat last Fall.

At One Night Stand, Cena did the best with who he had to work with, and delivered a memorable PPV appearence to a shitty crowd and opponent.

Haven't seen Vengeance. But in kayfabe mode...he made fucking SABU **submit**.

________

Cena's been rock solid in the ring, IMO, ever since his program with Edge the day after New Year's Revolution.

I don't know about that, normally when I watch a Cena match, Cena is normally getting beaten on in the ring then all of a sudden he has someone set up for the FU. I have noticed this ever since his match at Wrestlemania 21 against JBL. Doesn't happen all the time but a good amount of time.

I notice that as well a lot of the time. I prefer watching Randy Orton, I just wish the dude would cut back on the fucking chinlocks.

Maybe it's just me... but with all the people on RAW, it feels weird to say Intercontinental Champion, Johnny Nitro. Then again, WWE champion RVD is odd to say still too.

Jeez, Nitro is literally copying everything from Edge. He just needs to start banging Mickie James.

I was thinking more along the lines of Trent Acid, right down to the way he wears the title belt.

When referencing Cena "squashing" Masters and making Sabu submit, I meant that it had added to the credibility of both his finish and his status as Raw's top "unbeatable" star.

It's always better to not have "Can Cena Retain?!?!?!" everyweek from JR, and instead have "He has to go THROUGH John Cena" when billing your top dog.

I don't get what the point was of having Trish jobbed out so easily like that. It hurts her because it makes it look like she can't hold her own in the ring anymore, and at the same time, it hurts Mickie James, because right after she showed domination, she instantly became an afterthought to Trish/Melina.

I don't get what the point was of having Trish jobbed out so easily like that. It hurts her because it makes it look like she can't hold her own in the ring anymore, and at the same time, it hurts Mickie James, because right after she showed domination, she instantly became an afterthought to Trish/Melina.

They were pushing that Trish was still recovering from her shoulder injury, so it's logical that she'd have ring rust.

I said eariler this year that Carlito could easily be the top babyface for WWE. He is being wasted on Raw. He'd be a defacto #2 babyface there.

Carlito as a face is growing on me as well. I think the fans are behind him for the most part as well.

who wouldn't rather see Carlito than Cena as the top face?

Hell, who wouldn't rather see ANYONE(besides Orton) than Cena as the top face?

Carlito as a face is growing on me as well. I think the fans are behind him for the most part as well.

who wouldn't rather see Carlito than Cena as the top face?

Hell, who wouldn't rather see ANYONE(besides Orton) than Cena as the top face?

The people coming to the shows because Cena is the top draw? They might not perfer someone else.