TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

HD Segments

Credit this one to Hoff~!

The scene opens on a shot of the back parking lot. In the lower corners of the sceen, barely in-frame, two security guards are visible, vigilant as they look out over the lot. A few cars are scattered, the setting sun reflecting off of their frames.

COLE
Ladies and gentlemen, we are moments away from kicking off this week's show, but we have just received word that a limousine is approaching the arena...

As Michael Cole finishes his thought, the two nameless security officers turn their heads. The faint scratch of rubber on gravel is heard, growing in volume as the two men take a collective step forward. Then a black hood pulls into frame, followed by the long body of a luxurious stretch limo, small Australian flags hanging from the rear, waving in the wind.

COACH
There it is!

COLE
And I have a feeling we know who's inside.

The two men approach the back passenger door of the stretch. We hear the clasping of the driver's door, then see an elderly gentleman, dressed in a plain black suit, approach the passenger door. Security gives the chauffeur his birth, as he opens the door widely. Out of the door steps the one, the only, AXEL.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

The fans watching the pre-show entertainment have little regard for the would-be President of this company. Axel grins as he stands up fully, smoothing out his fine black suit, straightening the black and red tie which offsets the blood red of his silk shirt. Axel cares little for the sentiments of the fans. However, in the interest of fairness, the reaction is ever so slightly improved for the next man to step out of the limousine...DREK STONE.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYEABOOOOYEABOOOOOOOO!!!"

Stone, dressed impeccably in all black, stretches his neck, the fine gold chain around his neck catching the last of the sun's rays. Drek smirks, his irrepressible, smug smirk, as he nods at Axel.

AXEL
Tonight's gonna be a good night.

The men nod again, then look inside the limo. Drek takes a step back, looking incedulously as the third man steps out of the limo. HOFF.

"BOOOYEAHBOOOOOOOO!!!YEAHHHHBOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Drek shakes his head as the fans give Hoff what is likely the best reaction; however, both of these occurences may have the same cause. Axel can barely stifle his laughter as Hoff saunters out of the limo, in stark comparison to his compatriots. Axel and Drek are, of course, dressed to the nines; Hoff is clad in a baseball jersey, blue jeans, a blue ball cap and a pair of wraparound sunglasses. Hoff smiles as he sips....something....from a martini glass. It appears to be blue.

DREK
Good lord.

HOFF
What?

Hoff casually throws the martini glass over his shoulder, the crystal crashing into a million pieces on the blacktop. The two guards look at each other; the chauffeur pretends not to notice.

DREK
Are you drunk?

HOFF
Moi? Never.

Axel can't hold it in any longer, letting out a loud belly laugh. Even Drek has to chuckle as Hoff grins, beaming from ear to ear. But Axel gains his composure and looks Hoff in the eye.

AXEL
All right, big man. Focus. We're hear for a reason.

HOFF
Oh, I got this. 

Hoff looks into the sky, eyes wide, as though delivering an important declaration.

HOFF
Tonight is a night that the OAOAST will never...ever...EVER--

DREK
Save it.

Hoff whirls around, looking at Drek with mock innocence.

HOFF
What?

DREK
You done?

Hoff looks himself over, left and right, making sure he's still there.

HOFF
I'm good.

Drek chuckles silently, then waves toward the door as he heads inside. Axel and Hoff follow, smiling.

HOFF
I'm glad we took the limo.

AXEL (looking at Hoff)
Obviously. But remember: this is all just the beginning.

The two friends laugh as security holds the doors for them as they enter.

COLE
Axel, Drek Stone, and Hoff are HERE!!

OPENING PROMO:

The lights go down and BOOM~! Pyro explodes atop the stage as I'm On a High hits the arena speakers, and the fans rise to their feet. After the brief flash of recognition, the fleeting cheers give way to venom, hurled from the stands at the three men making their way down the aisle...Axel. Drek Stone. Hoff. Looking for all the world like they are in control.

COLE
And what an entrace tonight for these three men, the men trying to seize power here in the OAOAST!

COACH
Well you know, with all the people who WANT power here, I think these three guys might be best suited for it!

COLE
Coach, you can't be serious!

The cameras zoom in on the three men as they walk by. Shoulder to shoulder, Drek Stone and Axel holds their heads high, walking with a sense of authority and arrogance.

COLE
These men are power-mad, and they don't even have the power yet!

Behind them, Hoff saunters by, pointing to his chest. As he passes the cameraman he turns his back, revealing the lettering "MAUER" and "7" on his baseball jersey. The big man turns back to face the camera, getting up-close and personal with the lens, telling the fans at home "way to go, Joe!" before darting off.

COACH
Now Mikey, I was in the Upstarts when Axel was in charge, and I'm telling you, he's a hell of a leader! Way better than having Zack malibu in charge, or Alfdogg, or those SW--

COLE
Ah!

COACH
...um...those "other" guys, or Bill Watts or Popick or anyone else! Say what you will, Axel gets things done.

Drek and Axel climbs the ring steps, ducking below the top rope and entering the ring while Hoff rolls in under the bottom rope. The big man hops onto the second rope, holding his arms out to a chorus of boos, while Drek pounds his chest with his fist, pridefully yelling out to the fans. Axel looks on, smiling confidently and nodding. Drek turns to face Axel as Hoff hops of the buckles, spinning and high-fiving both of his compatriots. Drek and Hoff point at each other, talking with gusto and smiles on their faces as Axel grabs a mic from ringside.

COLE
They have been mired in controversy for months, but you cannot deny their talent, their ability, or the confidence they possess.

COACH
Born leaders, one and all. We'd be better for having them at the helm.

COLE
We may well see. In just over five weeks at the next OAOAST Syndicated event, Axel's team will take on Bill Watts' team in a battle for control. The fate of this company will be decided in the ring!

The lights come up as the music fades, and the triumvirate in the ring looks out at the fans with a cool gaze. Smiling, one and all. Axel raises the mic-- but Hoff stops him. The big man looks at the Dark One, waving a finger and then holding out his hand. Axel grins and hands him the mic.

COACH
Looks like Hoff has something to get off his chest!

COLE
Hoff, a two-time World Champion, who has been the focal point of so much drama in the past year, looking like the Hoff of old, the Hoff of the fabled Thrillogy, the Hoff without a care in the world.

COACH
I like it!

A small "Hoff" chant dies before it gets off the ground, smothered by the jeers of the Pennsylvania crowd.

HOFF
Chant all you want to, boo all you want to, but make sure you're listening, because I've got something to say.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

HOFF
Now, there's an old expression: everybody complains about the weather, but nobody does anything about it. And around here, about six weeks ago, the weather was pretty f***ing bad. But the three of us...WE did something about it.

Axel and Drek Stone nod their approval as the fans voice their displeasure.

HOFF
And for the first time in months, I was happy to be here. I didn't have to deal with glitzy, over the hill relics, or stiff-ass Brits with an inferiority complex...or an old man watching my every move. I was free, baby! Free as a bird, and NOBODY could stop me!

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

HOFF
And once again, just like *snap* THAT, it was taken from me. From US! Us, the men who -- and Zack malibu, I want you to hear this. the men who BUILT THIS COMPANY, who carried it on our backs, who sold out arenas all over the country -- WE DID THAT! LOOK AT THE NUMBERS! There are more people in this country with H t-shirts than there are with jobs, do you understand that? But I'm getting ahead of myself...

The camera pans the crowd, revealing more than a few of Hoff's trademark "H" t-shirts.

HOFF
The board of directors in this company took this company out of our hands.

Hoff walks over to Axel, gesturing to him with his free left hand.

HOFF
From this man, the most brilliant young executive of our time! The man who made this company a success again! Who SAVED you all from the same boring crap that I walked away from! They said that THIS man wasn't fit to run the show!

Hoff moves on to the other man in the ring, Drek Stone, who raises his chin with smug authority.

HOFF
And THIS man! I can say, with all the confidence in the world and with NO hint of sarcasm, the man who may well be the best wrestler in the world today! And yes, that includes myself.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Drek folds his arms, nodding along with Hoff's assertations.

HOFF
Boo if you want to, but each and every one of you know it! This man would have led you, he would have been your champion! And he would have been a GREAT champion! The icon that the board of directors was DYING for!!

Hoff shakes his head as he turns back toward the crowd.

HOFF
But that same board took it all away. They STOLE it from us! In the midst of what should have been out finest hour! And then it was gone, and the next thing I knew I was on a plane home.

The big man takes a deep breath.

HOFF
And then there was a ray of hope. Axel called me, and he told me that we'd have our shot, we'd get to fight for what we had already rightfully earned. And you had better believe I am ready for that fight. But Watts, Tony, Dan Black...are you ready?

Hoff looks out over the fans as they pop for the mention of the names of Black T and the former OAOAST President.

HOFF
Tony, Dan...the last time we fought, I had a lot to lose. I had a lot that could be taken from me. Honor, pride, all of it. BUT YOU TOOK IT AWAY!!!

A crazed look possesses Hoff's eyes, the big man's temper flaring.

HOFF
You took it away, you sons of bitches, EVERYTHING WE WERE TRYING TO DO!! You stole it from us and you looked us in the eye and said "here, come take it back." Well WE ARE COMING. And this man (pointing to Drek), and this man here (Axel), they have something to lose, they have a goal, they have a purpose. This man will be the champion he was MEANT to be! And this man WILL run this company, I PROMISE YOU he will. And if I'm still standing I will be at their side. But rest assured, I have been through too much to see this fail. And if that means putting my body, my LIFE at risk, then that's exactly what I intend to do! I will give myself to this cause! And if it means the end of my career, if it means a broken neck, then THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS! But BY GOD, I WILL NOT LET YOU STOP US!! BRANNIGAN! BLACK! BILL WATTS, YOU SON OF A BITCH!!

Axel and Drek look slightly taken aback by the fire in their partner.

HOFF
And I don't care if you're a Wildcard, a Hooligan, a Rocker or a Blonde, a Samoan strongman or a metrosexual monster, I don't care if you're a rookie or a champion or the god-damned franchise. I am putting ALL of you on notice. On behalf of my friends. On behalf of what's right for this business. And on behalf of myself. I will go through each and every one of you if I have to. I will end you. I will make you pay. And I will make sure you never...ever......EVER....forget.

Hoff lowers the mic, breathing heavily as his steely gaze shoots over the jeering fans. Axel looks on, bewildered, but Drek Stone smiles as he clasps Hoff on the shoulder. Hoff, slowly, hands him the microphone. Drek nods as Hoff heads to the corner, leaning against it. The big man takes a deep breath, then smiles a very genuine, satisfied smile as Drek raises the mic.

DREK
Hoff.......thank you.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

DREK
Thank you so much for saying what needed to be said. Now, why don't you morons keep it down, because I've got something to say myself.

"DREK STONE SUCKS!"
"DREK STONE SUCKS!"
"DREK STONE SUCKS!"
"DREK STONE SUCKS!"

Drek shakes his head.

DREK
Now you know that's not true, so I'll ignore it. Let me address my comments to one man, the World Champion, Alfdogg. Alf, buddy, baby. I bet that title feels pretty heavy on your shoulder right about now.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

DREK
I know, tell me about it! I mean, Alfdogg as World Champion? Please. The guy could barely beat a second-rate Randy Orton ripoff.

COLE
Look who's talking!

COACH
What?

COLE
Because...because they look alike, and all...

COACH
Would you shut up?

DREK
And you really think you're ready for me?!

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

DREK
Alfdogg, I am twice the wrestler you'll ever be. You won the title once on a fluke, and again on a lucky break. You had to work for a YEAR to get people to remember who you are. Me? I shot to the top, and I stayed there. To borrow a line from my good friend over there, the world will NEVER FORGET Drek Stone. And after the Battlebowl on Sunday, I'll make sure of that.

COLE
Drek Stone, along with Hoff, is entered in the Battlebowl event...

DREK
Because it's just like Hoff said. I will be champion again. And just like last time, I will skyrocket to the top, and when I get there I will knock you off the top of the mountain. The OAOAST will have a real champion again.

Drek lowers the mic to thump his chest, jawing with the fans before drawing the mic back up.

DREK
This Sunday, it's the beginning of the end, Alf. And now, with no further ado, the next President of this company...

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

DREK
The man who will take us into the new era of wrestling...

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

DREK
Ladies and gentlemen........AX-EL!!!!

Hoff comes out of the corner, applauding as Drek Stone hands Axel the mic. The Aussie native shakes hands with Drek, then laughs as Hoff throws his arm over Axel's shoulder, leaning on him and pointing with his free hand.

COACH
Ah, here we go!

Axel clears his throat, then looks to his left, then his right, at either of his teammates.

AXEL
Well, gentlemen, I want to thank you both for saying what needed to be said. To be blunt, I don't have a lot left to say myself, but I want Billy Watts to listen for a tick.

The fans cheer for Watts, causing Axel to roll his eyes.

AXEL
Now Billy Boy, you've heard what my boys have to say. You know what we can do, and you can see that we are deadly serious. So Bill...I'm begging you. Call off this farce. I'm giving you the chance right here, right now, to just hand me what is rightfully mine.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

COLE
Is he serious?

COACH
It's a good offer!

AXEL
Bill, contrary to popular belief, I never wantred to hurt you. Well, maybe a little, but hey. The point is, I'm ready to forgive and forget. All I'm asking is what is rightfully mine, and ours.

Suddenly, ‘Generic OAOAST Music’ hits the speakers, and to a HUGE pop out steps BILL WATTS! The aging cowboy has a resolute look on his face as he storms to the ring. In the ring, Axek smiles, Drek wrings his hands, and Hoff makes *spooooooky fingers* at the former President.

COLE
It's Bill Watts! Watts is here!

COACH
Here to surrender! I love it!

COLE
I don't think so, Coach!

Watts climbs the steel steps, and then stops as Hoff holds the ropes open for him. Watts gives the big man a disgusted look, causing Hoff to laugh as he walks off. Watts steps through the ropes himself and, mic in hand, looks Axel square in the eye, Drek and Hoff flanking the Dark One.

COLE
Well Watts has something to say, at any rate!

The crowd puts the unlikely chant of "BILL!" up as Watts scowls at Axel.

WATTS
Well boy, you sure got a lotta nerve. But I'm here to set you straight. I'm sure as hell not handing you a thing, Axel. You're not gonna bully me out of this fight.

"YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!"

WATTS
And Hoff, big boy, I never did forget. I never forgot the man that I am! I'm no pushover, boys, and I don't let people fight my fights for me! So as of this moment, I will be JOINING Black T in the ring at the Captains' Fall match!

The crowd ERUPTS. Hoff's jaw drops, and Drek look at the aging Watts incredulously.

COLE
WHAT?! I can't BELIEVE IT!!

COACH
Oh my gosh, NEITHER CAN I! BILL WATTS is going to fight THESE THREE?! Oh, this is too good.

COLE
Bill Watts putting his money where his mouth is!

Through it all, though, Axel simply smiles his dark, evil smile.

WATTS
That's right! And you better wipe that smile off your face, boy!

Watts SLAPS Axel!! The crowd goes WILD!! Drek and Hoff spring forward, but Axel, turning his head back to face Watts, holds them back. Axel laughs at the furious face of Bill Watts.

AXEL
Bill. Bill, Bill, Bill. You just made your last mistake.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

AXEL
Stick around tonight, Billy Boy. After tonight, you'll see who all you're going up against, not that these men aren't enough. But you may want to reconsider.

Watts smiles.

WATTS
Axel, m'boy, after tonight, YOU may want to reconsider.

Axel looks Watts HARD in the eye. Watts stares right back.

AXEL
Well, good luck, Bill. You're gonna need it.

I'm On a High hits the speakers, and Axel walks slowly past Watts, eyes locked with the former President. Axel steps out of the ring and onto the floor as Drek Stone passes Watts, sneering, and then Hoff, looking at Watts with a mean glare. Watts puffs up his chin, drawing a thin smile from Hoff, who mouths the words "I will break you" before following his partners out of the ring.

COLE
Well what a blockbuster announcement! BILL WATTS has joined Tony Brannigan and Dan Black on the board's team for the Captain's Fall match, the match that will decide the fate of this company!

COACH
Well you gotta hand it to the old man for courage, but Mikey, he's insane! He can't hang with these guys!

COLE
He's tougher than he looks, Coach, but we'll see who else ends up on his team! The recruiting, it sounds like, will start tonight!

Drek, Axel, and Hoff walk backwards up the ramp, looking at Watts with anger, and confidence. Watts takes a deep breath as he stares the trio down.

COACH
Mikey, whoever Bill Watts gets for his team, they won't save him from Axel, or Drek Stone, or Hoff!

COLE
Those men making a statement. Folks, we've got a lot more between now and then. A great show tonight, and of course, the Battlebowl this Sunday!

COACH
A whole lot going down, Mikey!

COLE
But up next...

Sign in to follow this