TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

HD 7/20: Opening

ITS HELDOWN~!~!~!

Straight away we are treated to the opening drums of [i]I’m on a High[/i] by Millionaire.  The crowd, still cheering from the opening, quickly change their reaction from positive to negative, as they proceed to boo the would-be President out of the building.

COLE
Hello everyone and welcome to OAOAST HeldDown, where we are being joined by the Captain of Team Axel right off the bat!

COACH
It’s always good to see the boss Michael, always!

COLE
He’s not the boss yet Coach; he’s still got to get past Team Tony on July 29th!  He hasn’t even got a full team yet!

Axel bursts through the curtain, fired up as his music continues to play.  Stopping in the middle of the ramp, Axel does his old routine of pointing left, pointing right, to the ring… and striking the crucifix pose, which sets off a massive blast of pyro!

[b][color=red]BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM![/b][/color]

COACH
Well, last week he offered the opportunity of a lifetime to Bohemoth… and Bo went and turned it down.  That was the worst mistake he could have made.  He could have had it all!  The money, the fame, the opportunities, but Bo went and screwed it up.

COLE
Bohemoth did what he thought was the right thing – he knows the dangers that this man poses to this company!  If Axel gains control, there’s no telling what he’ll do!

COACH
He won’t be giving Black T a tag title shot, that’s for sure!

COLE
But they have one tonight Coach, Black T versus The Heavenly Rockers coming up later tonight!

COACH
And speaking of Bohemoth, he takes on Christian Wright tonight inside of a fifteen foot high steel cage!  My man C Dub is gonna take care of that big lug!

Walking up the steel steps and into the ring, Axel, rockin’ the black jeans and Red X T-Shirt (available at OAOASTShop.com), grabs a mike and waits for the ruckus to die down.

COLE
Axel requested this time to address the ten man and Syndicated as an event itself, so I’m wondering exactly what he has to say Coach!

COACH
Whatever it is, I know it’ll be good Mikey!

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

Axel smirks as he addresses the hot crowd.

AXEL
Well, looks like there’s about as much chance of me getting respect here as there is of LeBron leading the Cavs to a Championship, eh?

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

AXEL
Oh come on, you’re all wound up pretty tight tonight boys and girls.  Loosen up.  I certainly am.  You know why?  Well, because I won’t have to worry about this amount of disrespect in nine days at Syndicated.  I won’t have to worry about coming out to a bunch of tools from Ohio who can’t even pick a President, let alone a fan favourite!

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

“AAAAAAAAAASSSS HOOOOLLLLEEE! 
AAAAAAAAAAAASSSS HOOOOOOOLLLLEEEE!”

AXEL
And I won’t even have to worry about hearing idiotic chants like that.  Because in nine days, we won’t be in America for Syndicated.  We won’t even be up north in Canada.  Forget Europe, Asia, South America and Africa… Syndicated will be held in Axel Country.  Melbourne, Australia.

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!”

COLE
He’s denying these American fans the biggest match in the history of this organisation!

COACH
But he’s smart in doing it Cole, can you imagine fifty thousand strong in the Telstra Dome in Melbourne actually [i]cheering[/i] for Axel and his team?

AXEL
Oh don’t sound so disappointed Cleveland.  Tonight is a big night!  I mean, you must have seen Bill Watts’ comments earlier today on OAOAST-dot-com!  He’s going to name their last team member!  It’s an announcement of epic proportions!  I mean, Bill Watts is going to name the next ass that we get to kick!  Isn’t that amazing?

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

COLE
A little confident, isn’t he?

COACH
He’s got every right to be.  Look at the team behind him.

COLE
They haven’t even got a full team yet!

AXEL
But seriously.  I’m interested to see who the old bastard has dragged out of the locker room to help out.  So Bill, I’m begging you, come out here and introduce us all to your last team member.  Come on cowboy, quit getting Brokeback in the back with Schaffer and get your eighty-something ass out here.

COLE
Axel calling out the former President!

CUE: Generic OAOAST Music!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!”

With music much cooler than the WM X theme that Linda has, Bill Watts makes his entrance to a huge ovation!  Obviously marking out for the sheer notion of an old school star coming back, the Cleveland crowd welcome the old boy with open arms.  Watts, however, is unimpressed, obviously miffed at Axel’s comments time after time.  Axel, meanwhile, is smirking, almost grinning at the sight of the Cowboy.

COLE
This isn’t a good idea Bill, Black T haven’t yet arrived at the arena, and neither has Alfdogg!

WATTS
You know son, I’ve had just about enough of everything that spews out of your mouth.  You don’t respect anyone, or anything, and neither do your cronies.  If you run this company, you’ll be running it into the ground.

Axel’s smirk is still locked on his face, as he begins his retort.

AXEL
Ah, Bill.  You see, you misunderstand my goal here.  My goal is not to ruin the OAOAST; it’s not to destroy what I, along with my friends, built over the past few years.  Not at all.  Bill, my goal is simply to be at the top of the food chain at this place.  No one to answer to.  No one to ruin my plans.  I want power William; I want to be able to snap my fingers for something.  I want to control who gets the opportunities, who gets the Main Event spots, and who gets the money.  You know why?  Because Bill, everyone and their dog knows that I can run this company much, much better than you can.  Everyone knows that while you were in the ring twenty years ago, I was in the ring twenty weeks ago.  You wrestled in the days of the hammerlocks and the su-play, I battle in the era of the high-flying, body breaking, extreme warriors who can, and will, put it all on the line to get the ultimate prize.  The business has changed Bill, and you failed to change with it.  But I’m living in the present.  I know what works, and I know how to make this organisation the most powerful of its kind in the world today.

WATTS
The world has passed me by, eh?  Well I’m sure we’ll see about that in nine days, now, won’t we.  Because Axel, I can’t wait to get my hands on you inside that ring.

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHH!”

AXEL
I was hoping you’d say that.  Bill, you know how I feel.  I can’t wait to beat the living hell out of you either.  But why wait until Syndicated?  It’s an old cliché, sure, but I’d like to see if the old man has anything left in the tank right… now.

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHH!!!!!!”

COLE
Imagine if these two went at it tonight!  So much hatred, so much disdain!

COACH
Yes!  Say yes Bill, I’ve been waiting for you to be beaten to a bloody pulp for a long time!

WATTS
Heh, you really think I’d take you up on a challenge like that, you primadonna son of a bitch?  You know as well as I do that I’m not stupid enough to walk into one of your traps.

AXEL
No traps.  Hell, if you’re so concerned about your health, how about you bring that last team member?  I’m sure I can handle Bill Watts and Crazy Vampire in a handicap match.

Watts’ expression changes, with almost a hint of a smile.

WATTS
You want a handicap match?

AXEL
Yep.

WATTS
With me and the last member of our team?

AXEL
I knew you were senile, but deaf?  You really shouldn’t be here Bill.

WATTS
You’re a funny man.  You’re also a very stupid man.

AXEL
We’ll see about that.  I’ll tell you what’s stupid, that I’ve got this microphone in my hand when I should be kicking your ass!

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

Axel drops the microphone and peels off his T-Shirt, eliciting a few screams from women around the arena.

COLE
Axel’s done talking!  He wants to fight, and the fans can’t wait to see it!

COACH
But who’s the fifth team member?  Damaramu?

COLE
Could be.

COACH
Jarvo Aussie?

COLE
No chance.

WATTS
You want to fight me and the fifth team member?  Well considering together we both have the power to make a match like that, then it’s happening right here, right now in Cleveland!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!”

WATTS
Allow me to introduce you to the very last member of Team Tony.  You haven’t fought him before.  In fact, you two may not have even been in the same ring before.

Axel shouts “GET ON WITH IT OLD MAN”, while pacing around the ring like a caged animal.

WATTS
Well, you asked for it.  Ladies and Gentlemen, the fifth member of Team Tony!

As Watts completes his spiel, the crowd goes silent, waiting for some sort of indication as to who the fifth member is.  Watts, now smiling, awaits his partner, while Axel continues to be impatient, shouting “COME ON!” while pacing around the ring, a focused, angry look on his face.

COACH
Who is it?

[b]”DON’T CALL IT A COMEBACK!”[/b]

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!”

COACH
:O

COLE
WHAT? OH MY GOD!

Axel’s expression changes to one of shock for a second, certainly not expecting that music to play.  Watts, meanwhile, can’t hide his satisfaction, as out from behind the curtain steps…

[b]Leon Rodez!!/b]

COLE
LEON RODEZ IS THE LAST MEMBER OF TEAM TONY!  THE TWENTY-FOUR SEVEN CHAMPION HAS ARRIVED!

COACH
The roof is about to blow off this place!

As Rodez walks out, that ever present smile on his face, and title slung over his shoulder, the crowd goes into a frenzy, perhaps just realising that they are going to see two men face off for the very first time, or perhaps realising that Axel has bitten off more than he could chew this time.

COACH
Leon Rodez and Axel haven’t even been in the same ring, let alone the same match!

COLE
EPIC~!

Leon shakes hands with the Cowboy, before the two turn their attention to the ring, as “Momma Said Knock You Out” continues to play over the loudspeakers.  With Axel standing in the ring, his fists clenched, Rodez enters the ring, as well as a referee, with Bill Watts remaining on the apron, clutching the tag rope.

COLE
Here we go Ladies and Gentlemen!  Rodez and Axel!  Face to face!

COACH
I never thought we’d see this confrontation this year, let alone this night!

Rodez hands his 24/7 belt over to the ref and steps into the ring to face Axel.  Neither man moves from their position, but Rodez continues to smile, as he says something to the would-be President.  Axel reacts with a hint of a smirk, and retorts to Rodez, starting a back-and-forth of trash talking, with Axel getting agitated, and Leon, of course, keeping his trademark cool.  Finally, Axel steps away from Rodez…

…and THROWS THE FIRST PUNCH- NO!  RODEZ THROWS ONE FIRST!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!”

COLE
He saw that coming a mile away!

*DING DING DING*

Rodez and Axel, trading right hand after right hand!  After throwing three or four blows at each other, Leon Rodez’ speed wins out, and he peppers the former two-time OAOAST Champ with quickfire rights!  Rodez grabs the left arm of Axel, goes for the Irish Whip, but Axel reverses!  Leon comes off of the ropes, Axel tries a HUGE clothesline, Rodez ducks under, comes off of the other side, Axel turns ar- FLYING FOREARM!

COLE
Rodez is getting the better of Axel here!

Axel pops up quickly from the forearm, but Rodez is there again!

BAM!
BAM!
BAM!
BAM!
BAM!

Five jabs from Leon Rodez, and Axel is on Dream Street!  Leon turns to the crowd, and blows them a kiss, before…

…hitting an ENZIGUIRI on Axel!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHH!”

COLE
Momma Said Knock You Out by Leon Rodez!  He is on FIRE tonight!

Rodez smiles to the crowd as he picks Axel up, still groggy after the blows to the head, and forces him back into a neutral corner, taking the opportunity to pelt him with another couple of right hands, before Irish Whipping Axel into the opposite corner.  Leon charges at his foe, but Axel moves out of the way!  

COLE
Watch out Leon!

Rodez, showing his intellect, stops before he can damage himself, but turns around straight into a…

...SPIIIIIIINNNNEEEBUSTAHHHH~!

COACH
Just as good as Hoff’s!

Axel falls to one knee after the move, checking to see if he’s bleeding as a result of those hard shots by Rodez.  He isn’t, of course, but it does give him time to recuperate.  Picking Leon up by the head, Axel measures the 24/7 Champion, before connecting with a hard left forearm, followed quickly by a right of the same type.  A knee to the gut by Axel, and a front facelock applied.  Axel lifts Rodez high in the air, stalling for as many as ten seconds…

…but Bill Watts enters the ring and clips Axel’s knee!  Axel falls backward, and Rodez lands on top of him for the cover!

COLE
Watts went low!  Leon’s got the cover!

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!  Despite being shocked by the turn of events, Axel is still able to kick out at two!

COACH
Wow, that could have all been over in a jiffy Michael.

With both men shocked and a little worse for ware, the referee instinctively introduces his ten count, not even getting to two before both men are at least up to one leg.  With Rodez being the quicker of the two, he is the first to his feet, with Axel following closely behind.  The two men meet in the centre of the ring, and once again trade right hands.  After trading a couple of blows, it’s Axel this time that gains the advantage, and looks to Irish Whip Leon.  Because of his leverage advantage, he does this quite easily, and sends Leon flying off of the ropes. Axel ducks his head, big mistake, as Leon connects with a hard kick to the sternum.  Dazed, Axel steps back, Leon charges, but Axel goes behind… GERMAN SUPLEX!

COACH
Yes!

COLE
What a German Suplex by Axel!

Axel pops up after the German, sensing an opening.  But instead of taking advantage of that opening, he turns his attention to Bill Watts, the man who he has wanted from the start.  Bill and Axel have yet another shouting match, with Axel getting in Bill’s face… but Bill blasts Axel with a right hand!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAHHHHH!!!!!”

Axel, more pissed off as a result of the blow than rocked, goes after Bill, who jumps off of the apron, and hangs Axel’s throat over the top rope as he does it!

COLE
Watts instinctively hung Axel over the top rope!  And Leon is up!

Axel turns around, boot to the midsection by Leon!!!!

…FEEDBACK THIS!

COLE
YES!  HE HIT FEEDBACK THIS!  His version of Sliced Bread #2!

COACH
But what happened to the referee?

The crowd goes NUT after the move, as Axel is out like a light on the canvas.  What they are unaware of, however, is that Leon’s feet clipped the referee on the way down, knocking the official right out!  Leon starts to walk forward into the cover, but then realises that someone else might be better suited to finishing off this match.  Waling over to his corner, Leon tags his his partner, and Bill Watts accepts the tag gleefully!

COLE
Bill Watts finally gets to shut up Axel!

COACH
No!  This isn’t right!

Watts enters the ring, chomping at the bit to get his revenge.  With the referee down, however, that might be a few minutes away, so Watts soaks up the reaction from the Cleveland crowd.

COLE
Finish him Bill!  Finish him!

COACH
No!  We need a miracle!  Please, send me an angel!

COLE
I don’t know about an angel Coach, but it appears that a fan has jumped the railing!

COACH
Wow, that Brunette is smoking!

She certainly is, Coach.

COACH
You’re the narrator.  You and I don’t talk.

Okay.  Anyway, a very nice brunette has hopped the rail and is protesting what is about to go on in the ring!  Watts sees the fan jump the rail, and turns his attention to her, telling her to get out of the arena and back to her seat!

COLE
Security!  Can we get some help ou- Hey!

A very large, very masked man appears from the other side of the crowd, and strips Leon Rodez’ legs out from under him, causing his head to bounce off of the ring apron!  The masked man then slides into the ring, and positions himself into the corner, crouched down and ready!

COLE
Wait a minute!  This can’t be who I think it is!

Watts, still unaware of Leon’s incapacitated state, and the huge individual that is currently in the ring, tells the “brunette” to move along.  The woman laughs, and brushes back her hair…

…although its not really her hair…

…she’s blonde…

…she’s bad…

COACH
SHES MAUH BABY GURL~!!~!!!~!~!

COLE
OH NO!

At the same time, the big man takes off his mask and reveals himself as none other than GUNNER SHARPS!  The crowd can’t believe it!

COACH
Turn around Bill, I can see something in your fortune!

COLE
No Bill, don’t turn around!

Oh, but Bill does turn around.  Right into…

…A MOTHER FUCKING IMPACT SPEEEEEEEEEAR!!!

COLE
Oh My God!

Gunner stands up from the spear, and Crystal slides in the ring, surveying their handiwork.  Dragging Watts into the centre of the ring and waking Axel up to make the cover, Crystal takes the opportunity to alert the referee that he needs to do his job.  And he does.

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

THRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!”

*DING DING DING*

COLE
Axel has won this match!  Bill Watts just got screwed!

BUFFER
Your winner of the match… AAAAAAAAAAAXXXEEEEEEELLLLL!

COACH
I love it!

“I’m on a High” begins to play over the loudspeaker, as Gunner helps Axel to his feet.  The music soon dies down, though, as Axel asks for a microphone.  Still sore from the blows he took, Axel speaks slowly, methodically.

AXEL
Bill… you may have thought that you were one step ahead of me… but a good leader, a good President is always… [i]always[/i]… one step ahead of his rivals.  So allow me to introduce you all to the final members of Team Axel… first, the Seven Foot, Three Hundred Fifty Pound Monster that I am proud to call friend, Gunner Sharps.

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

Axel turns to face the female to his left, and the two look at each other with smiles on their faces.

AXEL
And you.  The woman that I once called partner, and, thanks to the man standing next to me, the woman I now call friend.  Former OAOAST Champion, and more importantly, former Girlfriend of myself… Crystal.

Crystal and Axel put an arm around one another and share a friendly hug, as Axel continues.

COLE
This is disgusting!  I’ve just received word that Black T are just minutes away from the arena!  Hurry guys!

AXEL
Now, I could be way off the mark here.  But due to the lifeless carcas lying in front of us right now, I’d say that this was cause for a celebration.  And that celebration wouldn’t be complete without these two men.  Come on out, boys!

“Hypnotize” starts up first, and Hoff appears in the arena, a wide smile on his face.  He jogs down to the ring, and joins his team mates, happy to see them all, even with the history between them.

AXEL
First, the most dominant young star in the business, and a man who has pushed me to the limit many, many times, Hoff!

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!”

AXEL
And now, Ladies and Gentlemen.  Please stand for the arrival of the next One and Only AngleSault Thread World Heavyweight Champion… you know him, you love him, Drek Stone!

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

[i] Woke Up This Morning.
Got Yourself A Gun.
Mama Always Said You’d Be.
The Chosen One. [/i]

Drek Stone makes his way into the arena to a chorus of boos, as Leon Rodez struggles to his feet on the outside.  Gunner and Crystal are quickly on the case, however, as they mug the 24/7 Champion, stomping away at him on the outside, and double teaming him so that he won’t be a threat to this group anymore tonight.

COLE
This is despicable!

Drek joins his good friends in the ring, and as he does, its Bill Watts who’s getting to his feet, still fighting despite the insurmountable odds.  Axel, of course, goes to the former President and grabs him by the head, picking him up in his signature Reverse Death Valley position… before dropping him…

…For an AXEL SLAM!

“BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!”

The crowd are livid at the treatment of their beloved former President, and they go into even more of a frenzy when Hoff latches on to Watts with an anklelock!

COLE
This is too much!  Look at the angle!  That ankle is bent at a sickening angle!

COACH
This is great.  The old *bleep* deserves everything he gets!

*snap*

“OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHTHATSOUNDEDBAAAAADDD”

After hearing a bone break, Hoff seems satisfied at his work, as does Axel, Drek, Crystal and Gunner.  Watts, however, is none too impressed, as he writhes with pain on the canvas.  Axel picks up the microphone again, and addresses the fallen Cowboy.

AXEL
YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS?  HUH?  YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU TRY AND PLAY WITH THE BIG BOYS?  You get hurt Bill.  Now, that hurt us a lot more than it hurt you.

Axel smiles as he completes that last sentence.

AXEL
Who am I kidding, that was fun!  And hey, I think I still know that Devil’s Clutch, so how about I break YOUR F*BLEEEEP* NECK!

“He’s Simply Ravishing…OW!”

Team Axel’s impressions soon change from happiness to shock as Tony Brannigan, Dan Black AND the OAOAST Champion, Alfdogg, run out to the ring, chairs in hand!  With the great equalizers in possession, Team Axel bails, satisfied that they have made their point.  “Simply Ravishing” changes to “Woke Up This Morning”, and Axel leads his team up the ramp, staring a hole in their adversaries who are standing in the ring, calling for the EMTs.

COLE
You talk about a war, we’re in for one in nine days!

COACH
Can’t field a team with four men Michael, and Bill Watts’ ankle is broke!

COLE
What a night!  And we’ve got two more Pay Per View calibre bouts for you still to come!  I can’t believe this!  Crystal and Gunner Sharps are the last two members of Team Axel!  We have to take a break, but we will be back on HeldDown!

Sign in to follow this