TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007

I ended up getting the new Raw vs Smackdown. So far, the CAW and Create-An-Entrance have thoroughly entertained me. The Christian entrance will always crack me up...Always. Hopefully the gameplay is alright.

This game doesn't make sense. I'm fighting Kurt Angle, and my wrestler just doesn't get up, no matter how many times I "tap any button repeatedly". What the hell? This is supposed to be easy difficulty.

Are you moving the stick, too?

The only problem I've had with the controls is that in the last game, I could rarely pull of a possum pin. In this game, I seem to be attempting them by accident all the time (thanks to mashing the buttons to get up + hitting the reversal button), losing a finisher.

I usually move the stick...am I not supposed to? I usually pound on every button possible, and my character will lie there. It's especially bad for ladder matches...I can kick the tar out of someone for 10 mins, but they do one move and pretty much win the match since my guy doesn't get back up.

Are you moving the stick, too?

The only problem I've had with the controls is that in the last game, I could rarely pull of a possum pin. In this game, I seem to be attempting them by accident all the time (thanks to mashing the buttons to get up + hitting the reversal button), losing a finisher.

same thing with me.

anyhow I am still playing a raw season as carlito. I actually lost the final match to HHH in the "re-evolution" storyling, I picked a hell in a cell match but cam ein with damage cuz of his prematch attack. so I kick his ass for 5 mins and dont try to beat him , wanting a climatic battle outside and on top of the cage, but I try to throw trips on the announce table, he reverses and hit a pedigree and i lose. I mean he hits one offensive move the whole match and wins, wow this game is realistic.

just got the "magic" storyline, pretty funny voice acting here, especially by carlito. the fact that viscera hits on you is hilarious

I don't know how to get up, to be honest, I just do. Unless you're beat up, then you sell. Just don't hold O (or 360 equivalent whatever it may be) that's for possum attacking.

I finally won a Legend difficulty MITB match today and I assume it was pure luck. After such an accomplishment, I went into the ECW ONS arena and had RVD win the million dollar title from John Cena. Good fun.

I had a great 27 minute Hell in a Cell match on Live earlier. It was Undertaker (me) vs. mick Foley, King of the Ring 1998 rematch. I won it with a Tombstone through the cell. Fucking classic.

This game doesn't make sense. I'm fighting Kurt Angle, and my wrestler just doesn't get up, no matter how many times I "tap any button repeatedly". What the hell? This is supposed to be easy difficulty.

If its a new CAW with low stats, your pretty muched fucked for awhile until you start building his/her stats up. I suggest you start doing season mode with your CAW and get the stats up.

Oh my god...Yknow, ive tolerated the awful commentary in these games most years...but playing as Mickie vs Lita watching as JR and king call Mickie "He" the entire time..ugh. Although, nothing topped them calling the Mick Kick a "bulldog." I thought I was hearing things the first time, so I did it a second. Wow. Thats some shitty commentary.

yea and they keep calling carlitos "flatliner" like move "the modified reverse neckbreaker" is that the name for that move?

The announcing in this game is beyond terrible. JR calls a chair shot the stone cold stunner, the mick kick a bulldog, and tons of random other really stupid mistakes are made throughout. It was mildly amusing at first, but after months of playing, now its just irritating.

Also, the "new and improved ladder match" sucks ginormous balls. I had the same exact thing happen to me during the Rumble storyline ladder match. I beat jbl;'s ass for 10 minutes, got him to full on red on his whole body AND threw him out of the ring to the floor just to be safe, then I tried to climb up the ladder and there he was two seconds later, randomly knocks me (as Lashley) off the ladder with ONE PUNCH and pulls the briefcase down while i lay there on the mat unable to move.

However that only seems to happen in ladder matches. Any other match I just mash like hell and Ill get up pretty quickly or normally depending on how badly hurt I am.

The way I've won ladder matches is to superplex a guy off the ladder to the outside of the ring (have to use a finisher to do that). They'll be dead for a while.

I kind of like the gameplay mechanic of using the right stick to do moves or grab the belt, but I wish each person in a ladder match has their own belt meter. It would stop Kid's situation from happening.

Oh my god...Yknow, ive tolerated the awful commentary in these games most years...but playing as Mickie vs Lita watching as JR and king call Mickie "He" the entire time..ugh. Although, nothing topped them calling the Mick Kick a "bulldog." I thought I was hearing things the first time, so I did it a second. Wow. Thats some shitty commentary.

yea and they keep calling carlitos "flatliner" like move "the modified reverse neckbreaker" is that the name for that move?

The announcing in this game is beyond terrible. JR calls a chair shot the stone cold stunner, the mick kick a bulldog, and tons of random other really stupid mistakes are made throughout. It was mildly amusing at first, but after months of playing, now its just irritating.

Also, the "new and improved ladder match" sucks ginormous balls. I had the same exact thing happen to me during the Rumble storyline ladder match. I beat jbl;'s ass for 10 minutes, got him to full on red on his whole body AND threw him out of the ring to the floor just to be safe, then I tried to climb up the ladder and there he was two seconds later, randomly knocks me (as Lashley) off the ladder with ONE PUNCH and pulls the briefcase down while i lay there on the mat unable to move.

However that only seems to happen in ladder matches. Any other match I just mash like hell and Ill get up pretty quickly or normally depending on how badly hurt I am.

Instead of just throwing them to the outside, I actually drag their dead ass over to the weapon's area and do something to them over there and leave them laying there as I run back to the ladder to grab the title. Bringing them to that area tends to work best for me.

I have a new best match ever. I won a 52 minute.... yes, 52 minute... 4 way TLC match on Xbox Live a while ago. That was fucking insane

How was the lag factor? Everytime I try to find a game online, the lag is horrible in every game.

Finally played it. Had a good match, and heading into the rumble, I faced Khali, Benoit and Burchell (who the hell is he?). Winner gets to move up ten spots. Burchell was elminated pretty quckly, next was Benoit. I started to kick Khali ass, and he countered one move, hit three moves and it was over.

Right now I'm trying to get all the Challenge mode matches done and was wondering, what are people's strategies for tag matches? In season mode, I couldn't stand always having the opponent's partner make a run in every time I attempted a pin or submission so I always skipped it.

I really don't like the idea of bashing buttons just to get up I'm sorry, I don;t like being on the ground for like 5 minutes in the same submission hold.

Right now I'm trying to get all the Challenge mode matches done and was wondering, what are people's strategies for tag matches? In season mode, I couldn't stand always having the opponent's partner make a run in every time I attempted a pin or submission so I always skipped it.

I try to beat on the guy in the ring a bit, then tag in my partner. Then just go around to the other end of the ring and beat on the guy who would normally interfere. If you get a special, run in and kill the legal opponent. Eventually your tag partner will make the pin.

Unless you're talking about Mexicools vs Taker/Kane. Then you should just save yourself some time and muck with the sliders.

It's a cheap way of doing it, but irish whip your legal opponent out of the ring up the ramp. Rough him up on the ramp, jump back in before the ten count.

I started a season on Smackdown as Mr. Kennedy, a few weeks before No Mercy. I won the World title at

Survivor Series from Chris Benoit and retained at WrestleMania, beating Randy Orton. I was then traded to Raw and was awarded the WWE Championship.

My question is, is there any point in doing a Raw season after I am done with this, or will it be the same thing, just reversed? Please try to spoil no more than you have to to give me an answer.

I started a season on Smackdown as Mr. Kennedy, a few weeks before No Mercy. I won the World title at

Survivor Series from Chris Benoit and retained at WrestleMania, beating Randy Orton. I was then traded to Raw and was awarded the WWE Championship.

My question is, is there any point in doing a Raw season after I am done with this, or will it be the same thing, just reversed? Please try to spoil no more than you have to to give me an answer.

Have you done season before?

It'll be different from the SD stories, which I assume is what you're asking. Plus, if you're playing on Xbox, you have to do both RAW/SD to get any of the "season" achievements.

I try to beat on the guy in the ring a bit, then tag in my partner. Then just go around to the other end of the ring and beat on the guy who would normally interfere. If you get a special, run in and kill the legal opponent. Eventually your tag partner will make the pin.

Unless you're talking about Mexicools vs Taker/Kane. Then you should just save yourself some time and muck with the sliders.

Yeah, this is my strategy mostly as well. Or if my pc-controlled partners too stupid (benoit or batista as the cpu partner in tag matches...ugh) to actually make the pin, Ill beat down the non-legal man till hes red, then tag myself back in, nail a finisher or two on the legal, then knock the other guy off the ropes and take the pin.