TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007

Guest NYankees

How hard is it for them to keep animations of moves when the game is just a fucking update.

::laughs derisively and goes back to playing HCTP::

Yeah have fun playing an outdated game.

It's still the most fun game in the series to play, at least in my opinion. And heck, if my N64 worked I'd still play the AKI games, those remain fun to this day.

Been playing it for a little while. Enjoying it. Kennedy > *.

Although I'm pretty damn tired of hearing 'O Kay-kay-kaaaayyyy'. And doesn't seem to be any way to turn certain songs off. Don't think you've ever been able to do that with SD, but I've never had the urge to check. This song has played 80% of the time though.

I've lost a match already. That sucks. :( (although that might be good to some, as it's more 'realistic' or something) but, Hardy suplexed me off the ladder to the outside, as Helms, and I was out...

doesn't help they didn't explain how the new ladder controls work before hand (Grabbing the belt that is) so that was quite a disadvantage, but whatever. Setting up the ladder inbetween the second and third rope = fun.

Been playing it for a little while. Enjoying it. Kennedy > *.

Although I'm pretty damn tired of hearing 'O Kay-kay-kaaaayyyy'. And doesn't seem to be any way to turn certain songs off. Don't think you've ever been able to do that with SD, but I've never had the urge to check. This song has played 80% of the time though.

I've lost a match already. That sucks. :( (although that might be good to some, as it's more 'realistic' or something) but, Hardy suplexed me off the ladder to the outside, as Helms, and I was out...

doesn't help they didn't explain how the new ladder controls work before hand (Grabbing the belt that is) so that was quite a disadvantage, but whatever. Setting up the ladder inbetween the second and third rope = fun.

Has the ladder improved at all?

....Apprently once you confirm something in CAW, like a mask for example, you can't take it back off. Well as far as I can tell anyways.

Edit: Nevermind, apprently to take stuff back off, you have to go to a another section in the CAW menu. Stupid idea there.

Sure it's fun but I'd get tired of playing with wrestlers that aren't there anymore.

CAW is there for any of them worth playing as.

Plus, you never know when drug users/WWE-rejects-cum-TNA-rejects will be hired back. They're already in!!

And most of the OVW standouts are the same damn wrestler with the same damn moveset. Just rename them/change their finisher and voila.

With hacks, No Mercy can be updated to almost no limits. You'll have to put up with slightly lumpy/blocky wrestlers, but graphics whores probably moved on a long time ago.

I have no idea why I bought this game, but I did. I started a season with Rey and they stuck me in a special ref match, so I turned it off.

....Apprently once you confirm something in CAW, like a mask for example, you can't take it back off. Well as far as I can tell anyways.

Edit: Nevermind, apprently to take stuff back off, you have to go to a another section in the CAW menu. Stupid idea there.

It was like that last year. There's a special menu to remove stuff, alter between ring appearance, entrance appearance.

It was like that last year. There's a special menu to remove stuff, alter between ring appearance, entrance appearance.

I noticed...and it feels arkward.

I have no idea why I bought this game, but I did. I started a season with Rey and they stuck me in a special ref match, so I turned it off.

Well...that's stupid.

The storyline for the month actually gets better after the special ref match.. (as the match actually leads to something)..I assume you automatically thought "This is crap" ? after they put you in a special ref match..which really doesn't make any sense.

So I have a question about GM mode. Do I ever get to see storylines happen or no? I set up one storyline so far, and I've been booking those who are involved but I have no idea whats going on with it. I just know the fans like it.

How's the rest of CAW design wise? I remember in the jump from HCTP to SvR 2006 (since I didn't get SvR) they eliminated a ton of pre-made patterns for tights, the retarded crotch blur was still there, placement was still limited and they hadn't added a much needed 'Flip' option.

Anyone know if turning off the stamina meters (which I never used in SvR06) eliminate UCMs and environmental hotspots? I only played it for a bit before work and control is taking some time to get used to, but I noticed if I give up trying, "Type D" seems to be based on the 'classic' setup (pad for walking, x for strike, o for grapple). So far by biggest problem was when I went into create mode to listen to the new music (always my first thing), they make you watch the wrestler's entrance in the background. When the animation cycle completes, the theme starts over. That's fine if I'm only listening to a portion of it, but annoying none the less.

The new locker room is neat. I like the bios as well.

I couldn't seem to do a big splash off the top with Umaga so I'll have to edit the moves.

What the hell is that song RVD comes out to? Is it from 'Wreckless Intent'? It's not bad sounding, actually.

What the hell is that song RVD comes out to? Is it from 'Wreckless Intent'? It's not bad sounding, actually.

"Fury of the Storm" by Shadows Fall. I don't think he's actually used it yet.

This reminds me, excluding wrestler themes, would someone mind listing the original/licensed music that's available?

So far the storylines in my season as Kennedy have been:

Special guest ref between Benoit/Taker, and the ensuing storyline after helping Benoit win

followed by

becoming #1 contender to go after the world heavyweight title held by...Chris Benoit. And Johnny Nitro "helps" me as my image consultant

followed by

Rey trying to prove himself as a world heavyweight title contender, but Teddy Long shoots him down saying he already has 2 contenders - Chris Benoit and The Undertaker

I'm SERIOUSLY getting sick of fighting them by this point.

I will say, one thing that really irks me about this game, is that cruiserweights were shafted. I've tried the JBL vs Rey challenge twice, and failed both times. Partly because I can't even punch (or even do a running attack at the guy) I just bounce off. How fair is that?

I also lost the Helms/Hardy ladder match, mostly because I couldn't do half my moves to him. To which he then did his own as I held my back.

I don't even want to imagine facing Khali as a cruiser...

I never read if this was going to be a feature or not, but in the 360 version, can you give a CAW entrance music from your HD?

From what I've read on other sites, no.

It took a while, but I'm finally getting used to the new controls, and I'm liking them much better. There's just a bunch of little things that annoy me about the game. For instance, any time not during an entrance, all the titantrons in every arena just have the black screen that flashes the WWE logo. Every other game since I can remember has had the action on the trons. Yes, it's a minor thing that doesn't affect gameplay, but it just irks me that it was taken out.

I will say that so many of the reversal animations look much more smooth, and then there's a bunch of cool new ones as well. I was being Shelton against Big Show. He was standing, and I tried a moonsault from the top, but he actually caught me in my upside down position, held me for one of the ultimate-control moves, and then brought me down for a powerslam.

It's been said, but the cruiserweight weight difference is rediculous. Rey Mysterio can't even Irish whip Finlay. I was being Finlay vs. him, so maybe he was attempting a strong Irish whip, but that's crazy.

Has anyone actually figured out how to use Double stacked tables? (Can all you do through them is jumping moves?)

And even then, I haven't figured out how to get the guy on top of the second table..and I can't double stack them outside the ring it seems, so I'm somewhat confused.

Don't know if this was brought up yet, but does anyone know how to use the exp. points on your created character. I have like 20,000 so far from the seasons mode and whenever I try change attributes or the attributes in the locker room, it says that I have none.

Ummm, so I noticed that Joey Mercury has his fur coat for his enterance and wears his belt from his crotch. Can my CAW have enterance attire and wear a belt like that too?

Ummm, so I noticed that Joey Mercury has his fur coat for his enterance and wears his belt from his crotch. Can my CAW have enterance attire and wear a belt like that too?

Don't think so. That would be cool if they could though.