TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007

Get with it, man!

Get with it.

Not to derail the thread, but I remember being really excited about playing Time Killers, mostly at the prospect of dismembering people. I...I was kind of a disturbed child. Turns out, I was in for a dissapointing experience.

I like how Time Killers finally got a home port. To Genesis. Years and years later, like in the beginning of the 32 bit era.

Yeah that was weird. I always wanted to play it but the video store didn't have it and I wasn't about to pay full price for Time Killers. I finally found it in a bargin bin a few years ago.

It sucks. It's a weak port.

1. Their should be flashes coming from the camera's of the paparazzi.

2. Melina's hair needs work, went right through her shoulder as she was getting into the ring.

3. Lillan Garcia's ring annoucing sounds DULL as all hell.

4. The ring annoucer should move around the ring a bit when Kane's in-ring pyro goes off.

I'm being nit-picky damnit!

1. Their should be flashes coming from the camera's of the paparazzi.

2. Melina's hair needs work, went right through her shoulder as she was getting into the ring.

3. Lillan Garcia's ring annoucing sounds DULL as all hell.

4. The ring annoucer should move around the ring a bit when Kane's in-ring pyro goes off.

I'm being nit-picky damnit!

Definitely agree with 2 and 4. Even if it's just for the entrance, better hair models would be good. And a little cowering or something would be nice when Kane's pyro goes off.

buuuut...but.. DOR series >>>>>> SD series :(

THQ: buuut...but.. sales of SD series >>>>>> DOR series.

Plus it saves on costs I'm sure.

I'm not terribly saddened because I thought DOR 2 just slightly above mediocre, although that put it far above SvR2006, which was lame.

One of the things I liked about DOR 2 is the fact that most of the wrestlers... actually wrestled like it was a real match. Simming Angle vs Booker on the hardest level felt like watching a PPV event, though the no selling can be pretty bad.

The stamina meter sucked, since you can still reverse moves while it's empty... same problem in SvR2006.

just saw regals intro. Whats with the music? I think that is the one he wa susing for a short time after he joined with booker, but lately hes back to the old one that was in Sd:SYM. Plus the intro is exactly the same as last year, and was his faster, babyface walk, as opposed to his slower heel walk. and why no cool robe? damn yukes

ok boogeymans, entrance is the best I have seen. Its freaking spot on, with the clock and all. awesome job

melinas is good, save for the lack of camera flashes. but it looks like they did it again, giving her high heeled boots to wear as opposed to her regular wrestling boots. that look si fine for an alternate outfit (for manager purposes) but looks dumb when shes wrestling

nice updated chavo entrance with the point to the heavens for eddie at the ramp. but again laziness couldnt have updated his tights? I mean he has used those this year but has a couple of diff ones

vito has the updated tron video, but no dress. probably wont happen either, as they never seem to update looks at the last minute. and he has the old heel intro too

big show has the old theme, wonder if theyll update to the redone version?

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

WWE Smackdown .VS. Raw 2007 will feature 15 additional characters unlocked by completing various tasks throughout the game.

There are 10 unlockable WWE Legends:

- Hulk Hogan (same as last year's Hogan 80's, wears bandanna during match) -- PLAYABLE IN SEASON / VOICEOVERS - hidden alt. attire.

- Andre the Giant (same as last year).

- Roddy Piper (short hair, late 80's) -- PLAYABLE IN SEASON / VOICEOVERS - hidden alt. attire.

- Bret Hart (same as last year).

- Mr. Perfect (yellow singlet with teal triangle) -- PURCHASE FOR $28,000 TO UNLOCK.

- Rick Rude (rainbow-colored "Simply Ravishing" tights with mullet).

- Dusty Rhodes (WWF polka dot attire) -- PLAYABLE IN SEASON / VOICEOVERS.

- Steve Austin (same as last year) -- PLAYABLE IN SEASON / VOICEOVERS - hidden alt. attire.

- The Rock (same as last year).

- Eddie Guerrero (late 2005 look, blonde tipped hair, lowrider entrance).

There are 5 unlockable WWE superstars.

- Mick Foley (flannel vest, sweatpants) -- COMPLETE ALL HARDCORE CHALLENGES TO UNLOCK - hidden alt. attire.

- Paul London (blue tag attire) -- COMPLETE SMACKDOWN SEASON TO UNLOCK.

- Brian Kendrick (blue tag attire) -- COMPLETE SMACKDOWN SEASON TO UNLOCK.

- Kenny (Spirit Squad gear) -- COMPLETE RAW SEASON TO UNLOCK.

- Mikey (Spirit Squad gear) -- COMPLETE RAW SEASON TO UNLOCK.

Your getting my hopes up about Mr. Perfect again!

After looking at that list, I might dub that fake if there isn't a source posted. Its sorta weird how the wrestlers that people wanted, are the only unlockable people. I don't know, just don't look true to me.

I can just imagine Joe Mark's expression upon discovering their big reward for beating a SmackDown season was getting Brian Kendrick. For the rest of us, awesome (if real).

If accurate, the thought of taking Dusty through a season mode with him talking is worth it right there (I felt similar last year about doing that with Hogan).

I just finished watching Super Crazy's enterance and I must say, its dead on. He comes out on a lawnmower and does that kip up flip when he gets into the ring.

I also watched his in-ring movies and I guess their will be in motion replays when a finisher is hit. When I watched Crazy's Moonsault, they replayed the moonsault in mid-air a few times. I also noticed Tazz is doing color along side Cole so I'm going to go ahead and assume there is no ECW stuff in this game at all. Maybe next year's game.

I didn't watch Lance Cade's stuff but umm why isn't his look updated? He's had his new look for about a year now but in the game he's got the blonde hair and tight pants still.

No, last year before he and Murdoch split he had different tights. Then he went to the striped tights which he had at least as late as March. It wasn't until fairly recently that he adopted the Blackjacks look.

Guest Princess Leena
I can just imagine Joe Mark's expression upon discovering their big reward for beating a SmackDown season was getting Brian Kendrick. For the rest of us, awesome (if real).

If accurate, the thought of taking Dusty through a season mode with him talking is worth it right there (I felt similar last year about doing that with Hogan).

I concur about Dusty. If there's one pay winda reference, I'll be gleeful.

And smarks shouldn't care about Kendrick being in the game, either. He'll probably be stuck with generic moves that he never does.

How did Holly make the game? he was out injured from like last october to recently

JBLS intro is better this year, they dont show the door opening without anyone opening it (I mean at least now it looks like he may have opened it himself, and they have thankfully dropped the stupid "J.B. Layfield" Graphics Name)But I wish he had the American Flag jacket he had when he last wrestled when he was US champ

maybe I shouldnt watch these vids, kinda ruins the surprise of waiting for the game to come out (which used to be one of the first thing I looked forward to in new wrestling games)

I just finished watching Super Crazy's enterance and I must say, its dead on. He comes out on a lawnmower and does that kip up flip when he gets into the ring.

I also watched his in-ring movies and I guess their will be in motion replays when a finisher is hit. When I watched Crazy's Moonsault, they replayed the moonsault in mid-air a few times. I also noticed Tazz is doing color along side Cole so I'm going to go ahead and assume there is no ECW stuff in this game at all. Maybe next year's game.

I didn't watch Lance Cade's stuff but umm why isn't his look updated? He's had his new look for about a year now but in the game he's got the blonde hair and tight pants still.

Too bad crazy doesnt use the lawnmower anymore and has new tighs, but still very cool (but way too fast no? cant a midcarder get a longer entrance in a game?) damn he and psicosis dont even have a hometown anymore, they are just from "Mexico" now

and damned if that aint a good likeness of murdochs ugly face, too bad thq/yukes is lazy again and wont give a guy his flannel shirt and hat. plus he has his solo tron video from when and cade split, now they are back. Actually it couldnt be that hard to darken cades hair before they release the game could it? but dont worry yukes is already finished with the character models so dont expect it

but hey, barring a sudden release they may have a future as paid goon heels

Visceras entrance is pretty good as well, but his head/face looks kinda weird

He even has the Vis-agra move, as well as post match celebration of doing the Rick Rude hip swivel. Damn cant believe they put so much effort into the mdcarders this time

by the way, why is HHH featured in the center of the game cover? (skipping the obvious nepotism related remarks)

Lita now wrestles in her split-neck top, whatever the name for it is, and does low blows to Jillian.

You can spin the centrepiece on the way to the ring, apparently. Their entrance crowd noises are shit.

Joey Mercury's up on IGN. There isn't an official MNM group entrance that's known about yet, but Mercury does have his tag belt hanging from his pants, along with fur coat.

They just released the legends list:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/736/736038p1.html

Bam Bam Bigelow, Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Bret Hart, Jerry Lawler, Shane McMahon, Cactus Jack, Jim Neidhart, Steve Austin, Dude Love, Mankind, Tazz, Dusty Rhodes, Mr. Perfect, Eddie Guerrero, The Rock

And Mick Foley has been added to the regular roster.

They just released the legends list:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/736/736038p1.html

Bam Bam Bigelow, Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper, Bret Hart, Jerry Lawler, Shane McMahon, Cactus Jack, Jim Neidhart, Steve Austin, Dude Love, Mankind, Tazz, Dusty Rhodes, Mr. Perfect, Eddie Guerrero, The Rock

And Mick Foley has been added to the regular roster.

Bam Bam: Sweet

Hulk Hogan: Saw that one coming

Roddy Piper: See Hogan

Bret Hart: See Hogan

Jerry Lawler: I guess

Shane McMahon: WHAT THE FUCK?!

Cactus Jack: As long as Jack's music is in, I'm ok with this.

Jim Neidhart: Alright

Dude love/Mankind: Meh

Steve Austin: See Hogan

Tazz: Umm odd but whatever

Dusty Rhodes, Mr. Perfect, Eddie: Sweet!!!!

The Rock: See Hogan.