TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007

Another year with multiple versions of a wrestler, but at least it balances out with more legends than usual, even if one of them is Shane. I've been waiting for a proper Cactus or Dude Love anyway.

I still want Owen, but I guess I'll take Neidhart instead. It should be fun pairing him and Bret up as the Hart Foundation. I also hope Tazz is in full ECW badass mode and Lawler has his 80s look.

Um, why does this game need 4 Mick Foley's? I never got the "lets make the same model" 4 times and only change the finisher when you can edit the moveset anyways...Wait, they all do the double arm DDT and the fucking claw.

Um, why does this game need 4 Mick Foley's? I never got the "lets make the same model" 4 times and only change the finisher when you can edit the moveset anyways...Wait, they all do the double arm DDT and the fucking claw.

Different taunts/poses!

For those of us with an Xbox 360, they just put up a WWE SVR 2007 demo on XBL Marketplace! It is 1.06 GB, and I just started my download.

EDIT:

From what I read it looks like the demo is Kane and HHH in a singles match in the Raw arena, complete with entrances, and it's unlimited (no timer on the demo). There are also 3 tutorial videos included.

So far, I'm satisfied with the little things (keeping opponent on-screen while player makes an entrance, nuances with how Kane and HHH act), but I haven't got into a longer match due to a few factors. First, the control scheme. The configuration is going to take a little while to get used to (left analog to walk, right analog + right bumper to initiate a grapple). Also, if anyone stumbles upon the control to irish whip an opponent, or pick up an opponent off the mat, let me know.

So far, I'm satisfied with the little things (keeping opponent on-screen while player makes an entrance, nuances with how Kane and HHH act), but I haven't got into a longer match due to a few factors. First, the control scheme. The configuration is going to take a little while to get used to (left analog to walk, right analog + right bumper to initiate a grapple). Also, if anyone stumbles upon the control to irish whip an opponent, or pick up an opponent off the mat, let me know.

The fuck?!

Also, if anyone stumbles upon the control to irish whip an opponent, or pick up an opponent off the mat, let me know.

To do that, just press the right analog stick in. I don't know how to do the irish whip yet.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I figured it out. To irish whip, press RB+A.

Yeah, I want to see HHH do a flying elbow from the corner to the table in real life now.

I started downloading a few minutes aago and I'm only at 5%...its going to be a long download.

For you guys who aren't accepting to the new controls, don't worry at all. I just noticed that if you pause the game, you can change the control type. From what I can tell so far, Type-C is something like the "classic" controls.

For you guys who aren't accepting to the new controls, don't worry at all. I just noticed that if you pause the game, you can change the control type. From what I can tell so far, Type-C is something like the "classic" controls.

Anything close to having something similar to a AKI control sceme?

I'm only at 35% percent

Not as far as I can tell, but I haven't really fooled around enough to know for 100% sure. I like the new control setup that they've added to the game, but I must say that I'm doing way better using the classic controls instead. I guess I'd just have to get used to the new way to play, and I might give that a try overtime.

Is it the same crappy engine, just with new crappy controls?

Go away Mr. Nintendo. :D :asshole2:

Why am I "Mr. Nintendo"? Because I think Yukes isn't very good at making wrestling games?

I don't like the DORs either.

I played the demo just a few minutes ago and its not to bad, I need to get a better feel for the controls but I there are already a few things I don't like.

1. Its so damn fast and easy to get your finisher, I thought there would be some challange in getting it.

2. The annoucers need to be turned off! There has to be a way to turn them off, please for the love of God let there be a way for me to turn them off.

3. Loading screens, but that might be only for the demo.

I'm pretty sure that the old games have an option for you to make it so it takes longer to get a finisher. I'm not sure about the announcers, I just don't remember.

Thank fucking zombie Jesus. I hate using the R-Stick for anything other than taunting..

I played a bit more last night with a friend of mine and I found a few more things that myself and him didn't like.

1. We decided that the stamina gimmick needs to be changed a bit. Someone's stamina really runs out to fast and when your just about to go do a chain of moves, all of a sudden you fall over because your stamina is gone. Hopefully there's a way to either turn it off or make it a lot harder to loose your stamina.

2. I couldn't figure out if I could pull a weapon from that little weapon area over the guardrail and bring it to the ring. I tried but I couldn't get back over the guardrail with a weapon.

3. Somone after getting their ass kicked can pop back up and come back really quickly. I decided to just try to do some things on HHH while no one was playing him and after pulling off a few powerbombs and a chokeslam (kane's speical's), my friend just picked up the controller and all of a sudden just started beating my ass.

4. Why does it seem that moves you do when you do a strong grapple, seem like moves that would be done in weak grappling? Maybe I'm not doing strong grapples right, but thats how it just seems. Plus why are strong grapples hard to pull off?

I'm still trying to get used to the control sceme but its hard to try and get to use it when the demo does not tell you what the controls are and how to perform certain things.

In the 11 months I've had SvR06, I can't say I've ever played a match with the stamina meter on. That trend looks to continue this fall. Hopefully my PS2 can run this game, but I think I will be replacing the one I have soon. Just not sure when.