TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007

Guest Hemme
Solar Plexus! Was such trickery accomplished through a cheat module?

Indeed, Action Replay MAX.

It's a cool device & lets you also take the CAW saves on sites such as caws.ws & upload the straight to your PS2 using a flash device, a very handy tool.

I dont think i can look at the Undertaker in the same light since i watched that video.

Def Jam was awesome, didnt play the 2nd one.

Best wrestling game in the past couple of years was Ultimate Muscle, i got an american cube just to play that game!

This is the SD vs RAW 2007 thread since the hype and the disappointment that follows will be upon us soon.

Triple H, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, Shelton Benjamin, Batista, Undertaker, Johnny Nitro, Torrie Wilson, Randy Orton, Chris Benoit and Booker T are all in.

Who knows if Booker will have the King gimmick or if Angle will be removed, but I doubt they'll take him out now.

Money in the Bank is in. New weapons options include double stacking tables, specific table finishers, and more ways to use the ladder, such as being able to lay it on the second rope or perpendicular to a standing ladder for Shelton's run up and clothesline spot.

There's also more ways to use the ring and better control exerted over certain moves by using the stick, so it doesn't feel like you're just watching it happen. Like a vid with Angle and a fireman's carry, then dropping into a forward roll, or with a suplex, there were three or four things to be done on screen including a stomach first drop onto the top rope.

As usual, the basic flaws will probably be present still, but hopefully they revamp the CAW system and the options in-ring end up working out.

I just hope no wrestler's 'ice-skate' like they did in PAL versions. I've heard that NSTC versions of last years effort didn't have this, but with mine, wrestlers usually glide across the ring when irish-whipped. Amusing, but buggy and irritating as well.

Here is the current "complete" roster for Smackdown v RAW 2007:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/730/730396p1.html

September 4, 2006 - It's been a strange year for fans of THQ's WWE SmackDown series. Though the game had been unveiled at one of its earliest points ever (just prior to E3, which is highly unusual timing for the franchise), new gameplay features and the roster itself have been held back longer than we're used to. In fact, the official lineup announcement has come so late this year that false lists have been popping up all over the Internet for weeks.

Luckily, that long wait has finally come to an end.

Highlighted in our table below are all 51 current superstars and divas that will be fully playable in WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007. Fans should study it well, as it contains a number of new personalities that have never appeared in a SmackDown game before -- Umaga, The Great Khali, MNM, The Boogeyman, and a number of other fresh faces have all joined a roster that includes a huge number of returning favorites (Triple H, Kane, The Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, etc, etc). As an added bonus, we've even included a list of all the non-playable characters that players will interact with as well. WWE Legends will be unveiled at a later time.

Longtime readers of IGN should know exactly what this roster reveal means: that in the coming days, we'll kick off our annual "SmackDown Countdown," which shines the spotlight on all 51 superstars as we approach the game's planned release date in mid-November. Look for it to start rather soon.

But now, without further ado -- here's the official confirmed list of superstars:

CURRENT SUPERSTARS

Batista JBL Randy Orton

The Big Show Jillian Hall Rey Mysterio

Bobby Lashley Joey Mercury Ric Flair

The Boogeyman John Cena Rob Van Dam

Booker T Johnny Nitro Shawn Michaels

Candice Michelle Kane Shelton Benjamin

Carlito Ken Kennedy Snitsky

Chavo Guerrero Kid Kash Super Crazy

Chris Benoit Kurt Angle Torrie Wilson

Chris Masters Lance Cade Trevor Murdoch

Daivari Lita Triple H

Edge Mark Henry Trish Stratus

Eugene Matt Hardy Umaga

Finley Melina The Undertaker

The Great Khali Mickie James Viscera

Gregory Helms Paul Burchill Vito

Hardcore Holly Psicosis William Regal

NON-PLAYABLE CHARACTERS

Jerry Lawler Mike Chioda Theodore Long

Jim Ross Nick Patrick Tony Chimmel

Jonathan Coachman Shane McMahon Vince McMahon

Lillian Garcia Stephanie McMahon

Michael Cole Tazz

WWE LEGENDS

Stay Tuned...

That was convenient. Divided into SD, Raw and ECW, because I'm bored. Who knows if there'll even be an ECW distinction.

Raw

Candice Michelle

Carlito

Chris Masters

Edge

Eugene

John Cena

Johnny Nitro

Kane

Lance Cade

Lita

Melina

Mickie James

Randy Orton

Ric Flair

Shawn Michaels

Shelton Benjamin

Snitsky

Torrie Wilson

Trevor Murdoch

Triple H

Trish Stratus

Umaga

Viscera

SmackDown

Batista

Bobby Lashley

Booker T

Boogeyman

Chavo Guerrero

Chris Benoit

Daivari

Finlay

The Great Khali

Gregory Helms

John Bradshaw Layfield

Jillian Hall

Joey Mercury

Ken Kennedy

Kid Kash

Mark Henry

Matt Hardy

Paul Burchill

Psicosis

Rey Mysterio

Super Crazy

Undertaker

Vito

William Regal

ECW

The Big Show

Hardcore Holly

Kurt Angle

Rob Van Dam

Snitsky, Murdoch, Cade, Holly and Vito are a surprise. Also surprised at the lack of at least a couple of the Spirit Squad members, disappointed there's no London, Kendrick, Noble, or Haas. Kash getting a spot is cool.

Speculation on the Legends? Hacksaw Jim Duggan? Squeeze Sabu in there? Maybe they'll finally include Owen. Hell, I want the entire Foundation.

Do they ever do focus groups to see if players even WANT "Divas" as playable characters? I mean, fuck off with this shit already, they're just a waste of good roster space.

Also, I've read somewhere (I can't remember where at the moment) that Mr. Perfect is supposed to finally be in as a legend this year. Here's hoping it's true.

Do they ever do focus groups to see if players even WANT "Divas" as playable characters?

Yes.

The focus group is Vince and a 12-year-old gamefaqs poster with Cheetos powder permanently stuck his fingers.

I can't muster much to care about this game. The gameplay keeps getting worse, the online play gets exponentially worse (one would hope XBL will make all the difference in that version, though), and while production values tend to get top billing over improving the gameplay, there's still rampant laziness in the finished product.

I guarantee you the final game will have clipping issues.

Umaga will be cool, the lack of AAE will not. I think he's the latest guy to make the cut (possibly along with Khali) so that should date it to just after WM.

The lack of the SS kinda sucks, but is understandable as it'd either be all or nothing. The lack of the other tag champs is also annoying.

Kennedy's entrance will be good, as will what I presume is pirate Birchill. Boogyman and Mexicools will also be good.

Mercury is in, so I guess we'll get MNM as tag champs along with Show/Kane.

I may have to wait until I get a 360 to take advantage of downloading decent CAWs.

Maybe Cade and Murdoch as default champs.

I hope they include Little Bastard as a weapon under the ring, even as a Finlay specialty thing.

Hm. At least two thirds of Rock, Austin and Foley will probably take up Legend spots also. Dusty Rhodes comes to mind as another possibility.

It was classified as either fake or prematurely leaked. As far as I know GamingRing were the ones who broke it, not IGN, Gamespot, etc., who've had zero on it. It's by no means official or at least not yet.

In any case, give me Steamboat, Owen, Vader and Pillman, dammit.

Assuming GamingRing's info was correct, we may as well deduct five or six right now. Austin, Rock, Foley, Hogan, Rhodes, Perfect.

Add the two who no one was really clamoring for or care about like Hillbilly Jim, Masked Kane, Old School/Legend Taker, Jimmy Hart, JYD, Nikolai Volkoff in years past. Let's say we classify Hacksaw as at least one.

Then four/five more. Eddie, Bret, Roberts. Owen. And I'm guessing Terry Funk has a more realistic shot than any of the other three I previously posted, with the possible exception of Vader.

And I'm really hoping not, but with the inclusion of the 360, I'm banking on one of the twelve roster spots being platform specific as opposed to the PSP unlockable last year.

I'm a mark for the SD! games so I'm looking forward to the PS2 version of this. Here's hoping for a better version of GM mode (I'm not holding my breath, but a kayfabe-breaking "booker chooses the winner" type thing would be nice). My friend and I played a season of it, it was an amusing time waster.

Kid Kash being in while others like London are omitted is somewhat bizarre, unless they made their roster choices around the Royal Rumble when he was CW champ and being pushed while London was marching to Titan Towers to complain about jobbing to Nunzio (I forget exactly when that ended and his re-push with Kendrick began).

Add me in as those who hate the divas being added. I NEVER play women's matches and it's stupid that they fill tons of slots that could go towards Kendrick & London and other superstars.

I wish Vader was a legend but I don't think that will happen. However, I hope Jake Roberts is in as a non-PSP wrestler.

GM Mode I hope is better but as of right now I probably won't buy this game without a rental as I did with Smackdown v. Raw and was REALLY disappointed with the whole "ladder match never ends" deal and the "tag team match that never ends" since your partner would never keep the opponent from breaking up the pin.

Hopefully they've fixed the fucking bullshit that prevented you from EVER hitting a top-rope finisher successfully. Every fucking time I'd go for a Frog Splash the opponent would get up and I'd just knock him down instead of actually landing the move for a pinfall. Ugh.

Also, I'm hoping that the CAW has a little more variety in terms of outfit choices. Who the fuck uses all of those ultra-lame "pictures" in the tattoo section? WTF would I need a picture of a beachball for? Or a banner that says "Summer" or "Winter". LAME.

The roster is really, really dissapointing but apprently there will be a lot of unlockables. Hopefully it'll be more wrestlers.

Hopefully they also fix ladder matches. I can't remember the exact problems because I haven't played in a while, but it was bad.

So....are they just ignoring the Gamecube this year and not making a DoR3? I haven't heard a word about it

So....are they just ignoring the Gamecube this year and not making a DoR3? I haven't heard a word about it

Yeah, no DOR3 right now.

It was said since SvR07 is going "multi-platform" there's not going to be any more platform-specific titles (at least for right now).

So unless they announce SvR07 for GC, that's it. No DOR3. Also there's been no announced WWii titles either.

There's a *rumor* that there's a Wii version of SvR07 on the way: http://gonintendo.com/?p=4989