TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007

Random thought here as I'm watching Ken Kennedy's bad ass entrance.

Wonder what he does if you pick him in a RAW arena? Does he still rush Lillian Garcia out of the ring like he does Chimel? I assume he does, but I imagine seeing that, would make him look like a huge, asshole. (not that that's a bad thing_)

Wait wait wait...WWE can now ditch THQ and Jakks Pacific if they win that case? Oh God if they drop THQ and Jakks, please oh God please let EA and AKI pick them up!

mr kennedys entrance is indeed the best ever. perfectly done though chimmel does attempt at least to start his intro in real life(though he doe snow have a new mixed theme on sd lately wihtout th emr keendy beginning-just a quick kennedy!)

I was just on IMDB.com and came across the listing for this game. I was bored, so I started looking and at first it says that someone else is doing Vince McMahon's voice for the game. Then, as I kept going, it had random voice actors listed as doing the voices for Jillian Hall and Trish Stratus. I'd assume this is stuff that is made up, but I figured I would ask if anyone heard anything about anyone not doing their real voice. I'd assume the only ones they would ever not get the real person for would be the deceased, and then they just would not have their voice in the game.

I was just on IMDB.com and came across the listing for this game. I was bored, so I started looking and at first it says that someone else is doing Vince McMahon's voice for the game. Then, as I kept going, it had random voice actors listed as doing the voices for Jillian Hall and Trish Stratus. I'd assume this is stuff that is made up, but I figured I would ask if anyone heard anything about anyone not doing their real voice. I'd assume the only ones they would ever not get the real person for would be the deceased, and then they just would not have their voice in the game.

Those are the motion capture people, not the voice actors. Trish, Jillian and Vince are listed near the bottom as doing their own voices.

Those are the motion capture people, not the voice actors. Trish, Jillian and Vince are listed near the bottom as doing their own voices.

Cool, thanks. I noticed that now that I looked. I just got thrown off when it said like "Vince McMahon/Additional Voices".

IGN's Superstar countdown is complete, and they've started on the Legends with Hogan and Mankind

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/820/820800.html

Also here's a new Q and A:

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007

Developer Q&A – GamingRing.com

Q: How many create a wrestler slots this year for the PS2 and the 360?

A: WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007 contains 30 CAS slots.

Q: How many years worth of story lines have been put into season mode this year? As we have heard comments from two to ten years.

A: While Season Mode isn't broken up into actual "years,” the mode is persistent, meaning that players will be able play through the mode continuously. Also, compared to WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2006, there are twice as many storylines in this year's Season Mode, so replayability is off the charts.

Q: Any improvements to the Create-A-Belt this year like actually recognizing the current champion?

A: Create -A-Championship is bursting out at the seams with a bunch of new content. In addition to all of the new C-A-C parts that have been added, players will be able to create their own custom spinner championship. As an added bonus, players will be able to manually spin their created spinner championships during SuperStar entrances.

Q: How many unlockables will there be this year in the shop?

A: There are 23 unlockable items in the WWE Shop, including Legends, move sets, vintage championships and more. There are also 118 unlockable items in the locker room shop, which can be used to decorate the locker room. Trophies are also making a return, as there are 14 different trophies that players can earn during Season Mode and Exhibition game play.

Q: Will there be bonus classic championships again this year such as the hardcore and million dollar titles? If so, which ones are featured this year?

A: Yes. In addition to the returning Hardcore and Million Dollar Championships, WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007 will also feature the N.W.O. and Smoking Skull Championships.

Q: On the subject of the PSP version, have the loading times been fixed this year for caws and other things? Or is it just a dreadful as last years was?

A: Players will be happy to learn that, yes, the load times have been addressed and will be considerably shorter on the PSP version.

Q: Have the top rope finishers been fixed this year? It seemed it was almost impossible to pull out moves like the 5 star frog splash last year due to the AI rolling and standing up as soon as you attempted to go for the move?

A: Yes. Top rope finishing moves have been slightly tuned this year to eliminate the issue mentioned above. In WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007, performing a successful top rope finishing move has been made a whole lot easier.

http://gamingring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50531

We did a follow up with THQ on the alternate attire question to clear things up, and here is the ruling.....

"Charles,

This was an interpretation error on our end. Apologies.

We only have three alternate attire options total in the game - not three for each SuperStar. The SuperStars with alternate attire are JBL, Triple H and Kane.

N.W.O. and Smoking Skull Championships.

WTF? The nWo belt? Is it just going to be the Big Gold belt with nWo spray painted on it.

I like the idea of the nWo belt. Defending titles like a nerd has given SvR06 so much replay, especially since getting a PS2 that actually plays it last week. William Regal is the current Million Dollar champ!

the D-X intro is mega lazy, HBK has his chain gear on, and neither is wearing a D-X shirt and Trips doesn't even have the DX on his tights. The entrance video seems to have at least one naked woman in it though....I can't see Raw, do they really have the naked woman and the one humping a stage in their video that they show over and over again?

IGN has some more legends up.

Other than music and entrance moves, Dude Love's a bit lousy. No sweet shin music finisher and is unfortunately introduced from Long Island . If they really wanted to make it different they should have had Dude from Truth or Consequences, Cactus from Long Island, Mankind from the boiler room or parts unknown, and Foley from his legit home town of Bloomington, Indiana.

Perfect is also up. Has the towel toss in his entrance but no sign of gum swat. I hold out hope its in his pre-match pose video.

Shane is rated too high at 85.

Piper's entrance isn't too bad, though I wished they went with the pre-87 short hair.

Eddie looks very similar to last year.

I just finished watching Cactus Jack, Piper and Mr. Perfect's enterance and I have some questions.

1. I liked Perfect's enterance but why was Lillan doing the annoucering when the Smackdown annoucer is in the ring?

2. Why is Piper being boo'ed?

3. WHERE THE HELL IS CACTUS'S REAL MUSIC!?

Someone on IGN board (apparently with the game) confirmed these new moves are in:

Lashley Suplex(Delay suplex with taunt),

Gutbuster 1(Jamie Nobles Gutbuster to both knees),

Facebuster 1(Sylvan's suplex to ddt),

Backdrop to Bottom 2(Some sort of Mark of Excellence),

Swing Bottom(Gunn Stinger/Wykea but then reanimated),

Calf Stomp(Simon Dean's Curb Stomp),

Punching Combination 1(Eugene's punching combination reanimated much better),

Umaga Hip Attack(That thing that Umaga does when someone is sitting in the corner)

Umaga headbutt(Diving head BUTT Umaga style).

CURB STOMP! It's about time...

Video of Kennedy's Green Bay Plunge:

Foley from his legit home town of Bloomington, Indiana.

Wait, what?

Its true. If you check out Have a Nice Day, it tells a story during his early career about how a promoter was talking with him about his Cactus Jack gimmick. He asks Foley where he's from, and he responds with Bloomington. Promoter says that the home town won't work kayfabe wise so they bill him from Truth or Consequences.

Not that it has perfect credibility, but Wikipedia has Bloomington listed as well.

Wait, what?

Its true. If you check out Have a Nice Day, it tells a story during his early career about how a promoter was talking with him about his Cactus Jack gimmick. He asks Foley where he's from, and he responds with Bloomington. Promoter says that the home town won't work kayfabe wise so they bill him from Truth or Consequences.

Not that it has perfect credibility, but Wikipedia has Bloomington listed as well.

I remember him saying that in Have a Nice Day....Didnt he just stammer a town because the ring announcer asked where Cactus Jack would be from?

Wait, what?

I remember him saying that in Have a Nice Day....Didnt he just stammer a town because the ring announcer asked where Cactus Jack would be from?

If someone can find some evidence that disproves it, I certainly won't object, but I could have sworn (from sources years ago I've since forgotten) that he was indeed from Bloomington.

Bunch of new YouTube videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsuO_RHJq9g - Entrance: Bam Bam Bigelow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9lxvMjXyvU - Match: DX vs Taker/Kane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3VSGF3ln78 - Ladder-Match: Edge vs Kennedy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-qxdIfuAMU - Create an Entrance

Entrance: Lita/Edge as a Couple - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kBod5Su-Ug

Entrance: Dusty Rhodes with Cage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOeCK1_lPE8

Entrance: The Rock with Cage - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjXyJSsTBIE

Parking Lot Brawl: Burchill vs JBL - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRAstJJlYTg

Story-Mode: Shane is in a good mood - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVDV4v9KpW8

CAW Mode 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYQ4XyezDMQ

CAW Mode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rYCaqA1B2U

Finishing moves:

New Features:

Wait, what?

If someone can find some evidence that disproves it, I certainly won't object, but I could have sworn (from sources years ago I've since forgotten) that he was indeed from Bloomington.

Unless we are talking about the Cactus character here, but Foley is from Long Island. I remember reading how his father was a hometown legend of sorts at his school in LI. I KNOW he is from Long Island, but he could have been born in Indiana.