TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Horror Update

-Lucky ("May") McKee's "The Woods" will see a straight to DVD release date on October 3rd. Special features include director and stars commentary commentary, "Legend: On Set with Bruce Campbell", "Girl vs. Girl", and one deleted scene. Mckee's next movie will be an adaptation of Jack Ketchum's novel "Red".

-The One Sheet For "Saw III" is up. It will be directed by the same director as "Saw II", and comes out October 27th.

-The cult favorite "Street Trash" will be out on a 2-disc special limited editon on September 26th. Special features include a 2 hour documentary about the movie, the original theatrical trailer, Two audio commentaries, the original short 16 mm version of the movie, the long lost promotional teaser, and a behind the scenes still gallery.

-Out today on DVD is the Amicus studios classic anthology "Asylum", "Final Destination 3", "a reissue of "Halloween: 25 Years of Terror", and "Feed" (which I hear is a real stomach churner).

3 teeth...the tagline "pulling out all the stops"...makes sense to me. Makes as much sense as the two mutilated fingers used on the poster for Saw II, anyway.

After "Saw II", I got bored with the "Saw" franchise. Hopefully, this will be the last one, as I can't see them going on beyond a third one.

I'm psyched for the 2-disc version of "Street Trash." I love that movie.

3 teeth...the tagline "pulling out all the stops"...makes sense to me. Makes as much sense as the two mutilated fingers used on the poster for Saw II, anyway.

Ok, but the fact that "He's pulling out all the stops" is what gets me . Shouldn't it be

"

She's (Amanda) pulling out all the stops" given the ending of Saw 2,

or am I just nitpicking for no good reason.

Ok, but the fact that "He's pulling out all the stops" is what gets me . Shouldn't it be

"

She's (Amanda) pulling out all the stops" given the ending of Saw 2,

or am I just nitpicking for no good reason.

Jigsaw is going to be in this one and it's been reported that if this one does good they will be a fourth one in it with Jigsaw.

Well, it looks like Fuse will be airing the first televised Fangoria Chainsaw Awards.

Also, "Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror" (which has gotten some suprisingly good reviews) will get a small (30-50 theatres) on November 4th. Other than Snoop (who plays a Crypt Keeper type), the movie also stars Lin Shaye, Danny Trejo, Ernie Hudson, and "Diamond" Dallas Page.

So when does the Chainsaw Awards air? I hope this is some legit Horror Awards show and not something that is going to celebrate the latest Mega-Teen Star Horror flicks.

Back in the day they used to air the Horror Hall of Fame annual awards show and it was the shit.

Okay, slightly O/T from the subjects mentioned above, but.. has anyone else found Tales from the Crypt Vol 4 in stock? Not one store has it here in Toronto (that I can find) which makes me wondered if it was delayed or something... ?

Okay, slightly O/T from the subjects mentioned above, but.. has anyone else found Tales from the Crypt Vol 4 in stock? Not one store has it here in Toronto (that I can find) which makes me wondered if it was delayed or something... ?

Check www.amazon.com

Horror movie makers are really missing the ball on an untapped horror.

A serial killer who somehow gets turned into a being made entirely of water.

He could sneak into a person's glass, get swallowed, then kill them from the inside by either drowning them or just turning into ice and slicing them open.

...maybe I just need food right now and I'm thinking crazy.

So when does the Chainsaw Awards air? I hope this is some legit Horror Awards show and not something that is going to celebrate the latest Mega-Teen Star Horror flicks.

Back in the day they used to air the Horror Hall of Fame annual awards show and it was the shit.

It airs on or about Halloween (perfect timing). From what I know it's going to be legit.

About the same time though Spike TV is going to air their own horror awards. They can be voted on on Spike's website.

I'm looking forward to Saw III. I really liked Saw and Saw II. The synopsis sounds really good.

"Calvaire" (aka "The Ordeal") will debut in the Cinema Village theatre in New York on August 11th. It will get a few more theatrical dates, then hit DVD in August. The trailer is now online, and the movie looks really good.

"Calvaire" (aka "The Ordeal") will debut in the Cinema Village theatre in New York on August 11th. It will get a few more theatrical dates, then hit DVD in August. The trailer is now online, and the movie looks really good.

That looks like some fucked up shit. I like it.

I've been looking forward to "calvaire" for quite a while now, and have mentioned it several times.

Oh, here's some release date news. Sony will be releasing the following movies next year

Vacancy-Stars Luke Wilson and Sarah Jessica Parker, and is about a couple who find themelves staring in a snuff movie. Comes out April 13th.

Priest-Live action adaptation of a popular manga dealing with a priest who sells his soul to a demon in order to survive a zombie infested apocalypse. Will be directed by Andrew ("Amityville Horror" remake) Dougla, and will be produced by Mike De:uca and Sam Rami. Gerard Butler is set to star. It's set to come out August 17th.

Resident Evil: Extinction-Comes out September 7th. Will be directed by Russell ("Highlander II") Mulcahy, and stars Milla Jovovich, Mike Epps, Ashanti, Oded ("Sleeper Cell") Fehr, Ali Larter, and Chris Egan.

Vacancy-Stars Luke Wilson and Sarah Jessica Parker, and is about a couple who find themelves staring in a snuff movie. Comes out April 13th.

The cast makes it sound like it should be a romantic comedy...

Priest-Live action adaptation of a popular manga dealing with a priest who sells his soul to a demon in order to survive a zombie infested apocalypse. Will be directed by Andrew ("Amityville Horror" remake) Dougla, and will be produced by Mike De:uca and Sam Rami. Gerard Butler is set to star. It's set to come out August 17th.

Fuuuck. I don't want to wait a year for this!

Resident Evil: Extinction-Comes out September 7th. Will be directed by Russell ("Highlander II") Mulcahy, and stars Milla Jovovich, Mike Epps, Ashanti, Oded ("Sleeper Cell") Fehr, Ali Larter, and Chris Egan.

*groan* I will be happy if I see this movie... never.