TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Impact Thread - August/3rd/2006.

roode727.gif

STING WILL ANSWER CHRISTIAN CAGE

Tonight on Impact, Sting will answer the offer from Christian Cage to be in his corner at the Hard Justice Pay-Per-View when he faces Jeff Jarrett for the NWA World Heavyweight Title! What will Sting's final decision be? Will he bring backup in the form of Cage to the PPV? Plus, what will Jarrett and Scott Steiner have to say about all this? Tune in and find out!

TNA MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR JIM CORNETTE TO APPEAR

Also on the broadcast, TNA Management Director Jim Cornette will appear, and rumors are he will have some major announcements to make concerning the Hard Justice Pay-Per-View on Sunday, August 13th! Also, Cornette has told TNAwrestling.com he plans to address the Jeff Jarrett .VS. Sting match for the NWA World Heavyweight Title!

WHO WILL MANAGE THE CAREER OF BOBBY ROODE?

Following the break-up of Team Canada, "The Canadian Enforcer" Bobby Roode has become one of the hottest free agents in wrestling. According to TNA management, several names have inquired about leading his career in recent weeks. It was revealed that the interview process to determine who manages Bobby Roode will start tonight on SpikeTV!

Also tonight on Impact on SpikeTV:

The Latin American Exchange will be in tag team action, but TNAwrestling.com has also learned that NWA World Tag Team Champions, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels will appear on the broadcast to deliver a message to their opponents at the Hard Justice Pay-Per-View. In a related item, sources say that AJ Styles was advised by doctors this week that his neck is still not 100 percent after being hit with the "Gringo Killer" move by Homicide.

"The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoa Joe will speak out about last week's wild brawl involving Joe, "The War Machine" Rhino, and "The Alpha Male" Monty Brown.

"The Franchise" Shane Douglas promises a bigger, much more important test for The Naturals.

Plus more matches will be announced for the August 13th Hard Justice Pay-Per-View event!

Guest TheGameah

Maybe it's just me, but I am utterly underwhelmed by the lineup for tonight. Those Cornette and Sting/Christian promos better be damned good, because the generic X-division spotfest, Naturals tag match, and probable LAX squash are just not going to do it for me. I guess all I can hope for is that Nash and Shelley make it on the air again.

Let's see...we have the Cornette meeting...

Plus wasn't there suppossed to be something with Bobby Roode and a manager?

I would have to believe the Roode stuff has already happened.

Guest Macaroni
Does Christian accidently cost Sting the match or flatout turn on Sting and join Jeff Jarrett?

It would be better if Christian turns on Sting AFTER Sting beats Jarrett, then challenges him to a match at the PPV following Hard Justice.

Accidently probably.

Good show tonight. Steiner slapping Slick johnson was fun. Eric Young/Christian was fun.

LAX was awesome. I hope we get more Konan commentery. The Entrence is just bad ass. Good promo by Daniels. AJ not so much.

I HATE multiman x dvision matches but this one wasn't bad. Probably because of Alex shelly. He's so good it's not funny.

AMW/Naturals? YAWN

Jim Cornette town hall meeting? Double YAWN!!!

If i'm forgetting anything, It probably sucked and i forgot it.

Even though the five-way was just a spotfest, I liked the idea of "The New Era of the X-Division" thing. They even brought up how Joe had moved on to the Heavyweight Division, and how that was one of the main reasons for this "new" era.

And The LAX is one of the greatest things in wrestling right now.

LAX IS THE GREATEST THING IS WRESTING RIGHT NOW.

LAX vs. Styles/Daniels will be worth the price of the ppv next Sunday.

I'm still looking at Christian vs. Sting at Bound For Glory...so the turn is happening soon. It might be "Accidental" at Hard Justice...but it will be solidified before BFG.

That leaves Joe vs. JJ as the main event...and I've come around to thinking that it is the absolute right way to go.

Until then...

ALL HAIL LAX!!!

ALL HAIL LAX!!!

ALL HAIL LAX!!!

....You like the LAX go ahead markout and chant their name, that's enough! Whoopy whoop jiggy what! Ahhhhhh Nawww Nawww Na! If you ain't down with the Filthy Animals I got 2 words for ya......GRINGO KILLA!

PS I never want to see Homicide wearing lil devil horns and goatee anytime soon.

Remember too much ExLax_Pills_48Pills_enlarge.jpg

will make you

http://www.brownmovies.com/t1/babes/iris_hanna.jpg

Now you don't want to be a filthy animal do you?

It's Latin American shit to the eXtreme! Too much Konnan will make you poop your pants and it be sagging.....that's gangster G!

Overall Impact was a decent show with the usual X division goodness which only got better this week with a little bit of psychology in the match. Jay Lethal was on fire with his offense taking everybody out with the high risk moves then he went to the well one too many times with the diving headbutt and fell victem to the CANADAN DESTROYER giving Petey Williams the win. I'm guessing that they will play this up to Jay Lethal being only 20 years old and he has much to learn for storyline purposes. The rest of the show was all about furthering current storylines of Christian/Sting/Jarrett/Steiner with Christian/Steiner setup for next week for the right to be at ringside at the PPV. Shane Douglas did his usual speil of Franchising the Naturals now they are wearing his colors of yellow and black instead of pink. The match against AMW was no different than the other 40989043 times they faced each other but this time it has a backstory. Larry Zybrisco and Jim Cornette did the usual GM speeches but this time Larry had a wig!!! Again I ask why the hell is Larry on tv there is no need for 2 figureheads on tv just have Cornette show up once a month to setup the PPVs. The show ended with Christian and Steiner arguing over who is the better sidekick.

I really like they sold GRINGO KILLAH like death.

It might just be me, but i was pimping LAX long before this push. And i was alone on that front.

Im so happy there getting a push!