TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

Chuck/Wandy OFF

Guest DRH 502

Exactly. Randy's Heavyweight losses were to guys for the most part bigger than him...and his light heavyweight losses were against the best in the world...One loss was just that bullshit Belfort loss. The new fans are gonna remember him for beating Liddell and Tito so easily when he was 39 and written off as washed up. At least thats how i'll remember him. Dude was an inspiration, and a true testement to how hard work and discipline don't have an age.

If Shamrock would have quit at even say Ortiz-1 he'd still be remembered as somebody to the casual fan.

although strike where I said "with the exception of his last" dunno why I even typed that.

And yeah, you can write off the Vitor loss, I know it's on the record, but you really can't see that as a fight lost

Guest DRH 502

Dude when I first got back into MMA (when MMA got took off TV I didn't watch forever) I got into it because my buddy was pimping the fuck outta Vitor Belfort. So I went and bought every DVD I could find that had a Vitor fight. I bought UFC 46 hoping to see the rematch between Randy and Vitor, and like 40 seconds in when it got stopped because of the cut I was fucking livid. I knew little about MMA (I know right? Even less than I do now I mean) but that was the first time I ever saw Matt Hughes. And he lost. I think Karo and GSP has a pretty good fight on the show if i'm not mistaken...

Guest DRH 502

Yeah I kinda forgot about the Inoue and Illoukhine loses...was the latter a heavyweight fight though? He is like what 5'8?

I guess you could argue Overreem is the same size or around it, so yeah I retract my previous statement. God damn listening to too much Joe Rogan commentary is distorting my factual perception...

The lost to Illoukhine was pretty much bullshit since Micha is a dirty fucking cheater, but Overeem was pretty much the same size and Enson was even smaller. And yes, Randy was a HW in each fight.

New news if anyone cares since my previous posts were ignored: Apparently PRIDE wanted to book Sylvia vs F. Emelianenko on their The Real Deal card in return for allowing Silva to appear on a UFC card. Tim and his management declined the deal even though it is alleged PRIDE were willing to pay his fight earnings + win bonus to fight Fedor, regardless of if he won or not. So understandably PRIDE were upset: they were willing to let their MW champ be out at risk but Dana and Miletich wouldn't let UFC's heavyweight champ be put at risk, even though it's Sylvia that has called out Fedor and labelled him "a little shit". So, it seems that what from I have heard Dana basically screwed himself by not willing to put the money up to pay PRIDE fighter level wages and allow his HW champ to put his reputation on the line after calling out and insulting PRIDE's heavyweight champion. it was Sylvia's failure to agree to appear for PRIDE that led to PRIDE contacting Mark Coleman as a late replacement.

Guest DRH 502

Holy shit! If this is true...then...damn. It really really doesn't suprise me...

It also seems "Shogun"/Coleman was originally planned for The Real Deal but due to Sylvia and UFC backing out of negotiations Coleman got bumped up to the main event and Randleman got plugged in against "Shogun" instead.

Guest DRH 502

I call on all my MMA fans of the internet, someone make a funny ass banner with dialogue boxes between Fedor and Tim with that pic someone was using as a sig not too long ago. I hope Sylvia can't sleep at night due to thoughts of getting armbarred or getting Zulu'd.

Hey, can't say I blame Tim for not wanting to fight Fedor, but I'd love to see the big tool get his head knocked off.