TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The Ultimate

This past Christmas, I got my mother a special Jeopardy DVD, which centred mostly around the Ultimate Tournament of Champions from the summer of 2005. While watching said DVD with her, it reminded me of when I was a 12 year old mark, and thought in 2000, after there had been eight Kings of the Ring, it'd be cool to have an Ultimate King of the Ring tournament with all the winners. Obviously, this wasn't meant to be with wrestlers leaving the WWF, dying, retiring, etc.

Well, I thought it'd be cool to set up a fantasy tournament with all the winners. I couldn't remember all the winners and runners-up, so I ventured to Obsessed with Wrestling. Unbeknownst to me, there had been non PPV tournies from 85-91, including Bret Hart winning in 1991 as well as 1993.

So, that means 16 total winners over 17 tournaments. I also thought it'd be cool to add four wild card spots from all the runners-up to open up the voting.

The catch is that you must base your vote on year, i.e 96 Austin, not 98 Austin.

So, the runners up:

(85) Iron Sheik (86) Pedro Morales (87) King Kong Bundy (88) Randy Savage (89) Rick Martel (91) IRS (93) Bam Bam (94) Razor Ramon

(95) Savio Vega (96) Jake Roberts (97) Mankind (98) The Rock (99) Xpac (00) Rikishi (01) Kurt Angle (02) RVD (06) Bobby Lashley.

Pick the best four, and if interest goes, I'll set up a bracket. Voting will likely close Friday evening, or if all interested parties have obviously voted. Yes, I realise fully how little a life I have.

My picks are Sheik, Bundy, Savage and Mankind.

If you're doing this, you should technically have the people who held the Kingship without winning the tournament. So Savage is a must. I forget if Duggan, Haku or Race won tournaments but they were all Kings of the WWF.

Good call.

So, if you'd like to re-vote in place of Angle (for all those this applies to), feel free. If not, I'll disqualify everyone's fourth vote. Or something.

You did me a favour by pointing that out, actually. It makes setting up my bracket much easier.

After re-analysing everything, it turns out there have been sixteen full-fledged winners.

So, might as well just use em.

UKOTR Qualifying Matches

'85 Don Muraco vs. '01 Edge

'89 Tito Santana vs. '99 Mr. Ass

'86 Harley Race vs. '96 Steve Austin

'94 Owen Hart vs '06 Booker

Post away. Explain if you'd like.

I'll post the remaining four matches, oh...Thursday night/Friday morn.