TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Top 10 Midwest Albums...

Ain't going to put explainations in this. Too lazy and high right now.

1. Common - Resurrection

2. Eminem - The Slim Shady LP

3. Bone Thugz and Harmony - E 1999 Eternal

4. Common - Can I Borrow a Dollar?

5. Royce Da 59 - Death is Certain

6. Eminem - The Eminem Show

7. Bone Thugs and Harmony - The Art of War

8. Twista - Adrenaline Rush

9. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP

10. Common - Be

Missing the Cut: Nelly - Country Grammar(I know I'm going to catch flack for this, but it was a hot album. The rest of Nelly's CDs have sucked, but this was much different then their other CD's. Hot production and alot of bangers).

Just stop.

Seriously, stop being a sheep and following everyone else on the forum, your not funny.

I'm trying to start discussion and your just flaming like a clown. Go outside and play or somthing kid, instead of starting e-beef.

Country Grammar was a hot album, no arguement here. I wasn't a fan of Art of War from Bone...it felt bloated, overloaded...E 1999 Eternal, however, was pretty close to being a 5 mic album.

It's just a terribly naive and stupid list. The midwest has a pretty good underground hiphop scene (Minneapolis especially) that has produced superior records to several listed herein...but, of course, none of those have been featured on MTV/etc. And, if you're only going to list mainstream acts...there's someone from Chicago that is noticeably absent. Awful.

It's just a terribly naive and stupid list. The midwest has a pretty good underground hiphop scene (Minneapolis especially) that has produced superior records to several listed herein...but, of course, none of those have been featured on MTV/etc. And, if you're only going to list mainstream acts...there's someone from Chicago that is noticeably absent. Awful.

While I'll admit I'm ignorant to Midwest rap, as opposed to all the other reigons, I stand by my list. I have heard underground rap from the Minnesota, like Atmosphere, Eyedea, P.O.S and other Rhymeslayer talent, and while I think they have great talent, they haven't really put out an album that I would put in my Top 10.

Kanye West IMO is overrated as a rapper but is among the best producers. I don't really listen to Kanye rap as I do to listen to his beats. College Dropout and Late Registeration were both solid CD's IMO, but not in my personal Top 10.

I'm glad Art of War made the list. People act like E1999 was Bone's only CD. This is how I'd rate my Bone albums.

1. Creepin on ah Come up

2. Art of War

3. Ressurection

4. E. 1999 Eternal

Also good to see Eminem Show get some respect. And I give Nelly props for Country Grammar, even though I hate him.

Here are some Midwest albums I'd consider...

Atmosphere - Seven's Travels

Tech N9ne - Absolute Power

Psychopathic Rydas - Rydin Dirtay :)

I'm glad Art of War made the list. People act like E1999 was Bone's only CD. This is how I'd rate my Bone albums.

1. Creepin on ah Come up

2. Art of War

3. Ressurection

4. E. 1999 Eternal

Also good to see Eminem Show get some respect. And I give Nelly props for Country Grammar, even though I hate him.

Here are some Midwest albums I'd consider...

Atmosphere - Seven's Travels

Tech N9ne - Absolute Power

Psychopathic Rydas - Rydin Dirtay :)

As much as I like Creepin on Ah Come Up, it doesn't have that CD feel to it to me, because it really only has 8 songs. E. 1999 was one of my 1st Rap CD's I ever owned so thats the main reason why it's my favorite Bone Thugs CD.

Yeah, you're right it's only an EP.

Fuck it, I'll post.

yeah, it is an EP.

It had the original Crossroads that was harder on it.

My Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rankings:

1. E. 1999 Eternal

2. Faces Of Death

3. Creepin on ah Come up

4. Ressurection

4. Art of War

5. Thug World Order

6. Greatest Hits Screwed & Chopped

That's for albums released as the entire group.

If we go into The entire Mo Thugs Family, and the BTNH member's solo projects, we'd need a whole thread for the shit.

I'll post my Top 10 MidWest HipHop albums in a few.