TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hbkhhhmark4life

JBL's Wagon comment about Eddie

I was watching the ppv last night and I heard the comment, i do not want to get blasted for not knowing, but what was JBL's meaning behind the comment? Was it racist or referring to his death or something? Just trying to understand why it was tasteless, I am not saying it wasn't, I am just trying to see what it meant, thanks a lot.

Eddie and JBL were close friends and when JBL got re-married, he asked Eddie to be his best man. Eddie, as we know had his addiction that he overcame. JBL was just making a joke that Eddie was such a big partier that he hired extra security to make sure he didn't drink again (falling off the wagon, so to speak). It's the kind of jokes a close friend makes towards another. It was slightly in character for JBL to mock Eddie's addiction problems but it wasn't nearly as offensive as everything else WWE has said/done about Eddie.

Guest J0bber

What was so offensive about the remark? I didn't hear it since I chose not to order one of the most uneventful Summerslams in history. It seems like it wasn't as bad as Orton's comments made earlier this year.

What was so offensive about the remark? I didn't hear it since I chose not to order one of the most uneventful Summerslams in history. It seems like it wasn't as bad as Orton's comments made earlier this year.

Orton was going off the script. JBL did that on his own. JBL's comment was probably the nicest thing any heel has said regarding Eddie since they started using his death for storyline purposes.

I thought it was stupid and pointed it out to my friend, but given that this company had someone make a remark that "Eddy's in hell", JBL getting heat for it is retarded.

Given that he's retired and only works one day a week, I bet JBL could give a damn

Me and my boys make jokes about our dead friends and brothers, but if anybody else were to do it they would get fucked up.

JBL was Eddie's friend, so he gets a pass.

Besides, it was a funny comment that Eddie would have most likely laugh about if he were alive.

He gets heat for staying in character and mocking Eddie which has been the company's mantra since he died.

No kidding. Where could JBL have possibly gotten the idea that it was okay to mock Eddie?

WWE: everybody is equal, but some are more equal than others.

He gets heat for staying in character and mocking Eddie which has been the company's mantra since he died.

No kidding. Where could JBL have possibly gotten the idea that it was okay to mock Eddie?

WWE: everybody is equal, but some are more equal than OTHERS-UHHHHH.

WWE: everybody is equal, but some are more equal than others.

I thought JBL helped run the back stage game.