TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

Couple minor forum changes

Many of you keep bringing up the problems with the forums. What are the problems exactly? Specifically.

Speaking as a mod here, I usually get a grand total of zero PMs a month asking me to deal with a specific issue. Most requests are either to post a topic or to change a username. And truthfully, there's usually nothing I need to do to keep things running smoothly. Most of you realize that mod overaction in any forum breeds resentment. We don't want to see that.

So I ask, what needs to be changed. We need new mods? Why do we need new mods? What exactly would they do? I'm interesting in hearing your responses.

Guest Felonies!

Seriously, though, things have kinda cleared up lately because wildpegasus has been on board vacation the last week. When he was really going at it, it was just such a pain to slog through all his gimmick crap.

As for all the problems, a lot of those seem to be coming from the wrestling department, and I don't go there, so I can't vouch for that. Everything from Current Events on down was mostly fine by me. I have to ride out the rap storm in the Music folder so we can get back to talking about stuff I'm not clueless about, but we go in cycles there, so whatever. It's really just the new wave of posters failing to entertain me, I guess, that annoys me, and save for wildpegasus's gimmickry bleeding into every corner of the board, that's nothing the mods are supposed to deal with.

w/r/t new mods, it's just a concern stemming from the fact that you have guys like Josh and PK prattling on in Boardum about how they don't care about running a shit board like TSM and basically just do it to fuck around with stuff, so why keep them on board?

Problems with the board?

We can start with just general asshole-ishness all around. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but you'll notice that there are numerous people who like me as a poster and would support me as a mod. You know why that is (at least one of the reasons)? Because I don't treat it as the eighth deadly sin to conduct myself like a normal human being and attempt to have intelligent discussion without being insulting.

The WWE folder is obviously the worst offender of this...there's just certain wrestlers who are perceived as immune to criticism, or vice versa. I can't really put it into words, but I think a lot of people would agree with my general point. God help you if you were to go into that folder with anything nice to say about John Cena or Randy Orton. CC will warn people once in a while, but rarely does it atcually work. Choken One, a multiple-time PBP, is considered one of the most intelligent posters in that folder. Mull that one over for a while.

Something has to be done about wildpegasus. He either needs to be told to quit his gimmick bullshit, or banished to NHB or banned altogether if he's not going to. He's told more than one poster that he's just acting like a dipshit to draw attention to himself, which is the very definition of trolling.

Something needs to be done about EHME, as well. He doesn't bother me as much as he does most other people, but going back to what I mentioned above, he's just generally insulting towards people. He complains about Rant and others being "racist", yet he throws out homophobic slurs like candy. I don't think a banning is necessary, really, but he just needs to tone it down. He's okay to talk to in the sports folder and stuff, to me at least.

Other than that, just all the general cliqueish behavior and self-referential "humor" that I really shouldn't have to elaborate on. And gimmicks. I'll fess up to owning a few gimmicks, but as long as they're kept where they don't derail actual discussion, I see no problem with them.

EDIT: Also, I brought up my concerns with the mods here at the Pit, and the general consensus was "the mods aren't the problem, it's the posters." Well, if the mods refuse to take action agaist said posters, is that not also a problem?

Guest Felonies!

Good points, alf, except the last part. Come on, this board runs on its memes. Dont tell me you haven't dropped an "and it rocked IIRC" somewhere.

I think if you guys want WP banned, then it should be PM'd to a mod in private. Continuing to bring up his name in a public folder only gives him the attention that he apparently desires. Just a thought.

On that note, I've always heard mods talk about "Why don't you just PM us about issues? Why do you have to make threads about everything?"

My interpretation would be that people probably think if they just PM a mod, the mod will read it and go "Psh, whatever." to themselves and sweep it under the rug, whereas they think bringing it to public attention would be much more effective

Guest Princess Leena

Yes, considering that every time I PM'd mods before, it was ignored.

Guest Vitamin X
On that note, I've always heard mods talk about "Why don't you just PM us about issues? Why do you have to make threads about everything?"

My interpretation would be that people probably think if they just PM a mod, the mod will read it and go "Psh, whatever." to themselves and sweep it under the rug, whereas they think bringing it to public attention would be much more effective

I agree, creating a thread about it will let them know if it's truly an issue that only they have, or if it's shared among others as well.

Guest Princess Leena

Here's my list of problems and solutions that will be ignored:

1) wildpegasus. We all know he's a gimmick. There's no reason he isn't, at the very least, warned to cut his crap. He's derailed so many threads all over the board that it's embarassing, and he deserves a point all by himself.

2) Useless threads. And this includes NHB. I'm not saying everyone has to be a model poster, but starting threads that have no points and lead to no conversation just clutters the board, and makes more posters act stupid. See RickJames_Bitch as a big example of this.

3) Gimmick posters. Kill them all. I don't care if some are good or not... it's gone on far too long here, and needs to stop. I know adminbot says he wants to, but we have 10 mods or so here, and how many gimmicks have been cut? 1?

4) Assholeness, the biggest one here. A big reason this came into play was the Josh/Kotz reign of terror where they were pricks to everyone, and still having someone like HTQ with power. Any rude posts should result in at least a warning. "But, Leena, you're like the biggest cunt here!". Only because people force me to. And I know a lot of people do it to act cool. There needs to be an end to this. There's no reason everyone can't treat each other with enough respect that we can't have civilized conversations here.

Something needs to be done about EHME, as well. He doesn't bother me as much as he does most other people, but going back to what I mentioned above, he's just generally insulting towards people. He complains about Rant and others being "racist", yet he throws out homophobic slurs like candy. I don't think a banning is necessary, really, but he just needs to tone it down. He's okay to talk to in the sports folder and stuff, to me at least.

Um I have toned it down. I don't even really post in the NHB anymore. I just usually post in the Sports, MMA, and Love, Sex and Dating forum and the odd time in the WWE forum. Leena yet still follows me from thread to thread and keeps on harassing me and trying to engage in an e-beef.

Many of you keep bringing up the problems with the forums. What are the problems exactly? Specifically.

Speaking as a mod here, I usually get a grand total of zero PMs a month asking me to deal with a specific issue. Most requests are either to post a topic or to change a username. And truthfully, there's usually nothing I need to do to keep things running smoothly. Most of you realize that mod overaction in any forum breeds resentment. We don't want to see that.

So I ask, what needs to be changed. We need new mods? Why do we need new mods? What exactly would they do? I'm interesting in hearing your responses.

To be fair, Al, I'm pretty sure most people identify you as the sports folder moderator, which is one of the better and most civil boards on the forum, so that's probably why you aren't receiving a lot of feedback regarding issues that are occurring outside of your perceived jurisdiction.

I haven't gotten anything major either.

My view is that if you can't stand a certain poster for whatever minor reason, use the ignore feature. It is there for a reason. If someone is REALLY being an ass in multiple threads, then something else can be done. Also, NHB should pretty much be unmoderated, with the caveat that nothing from there should spread to other parts of the board (hence why GTG was removed).

I agree that gimmick posters should go as there are about a handful of people that can actually pull one off.

The notion that "This board is dying" is laughable. It isn't what it used to be, but that's just something people will have to get over. The fact that me MOVING A FOLDER causes bitching (and that complaints about the board usually come from the same group of people) should tell you a lot about exactly where the problem lies around here. It isn't just "Oh, mods don't care about this place", it's that some people care a little TOO much about this place.

Speaking as a mod here, I usually get a grand total of zero PMs a month asking me to deal with a specific issue.

As Mod of the apparent problem forum, I've had one PM in the last six months making any kind of complaint, and it wasn't even regarding something in the WWE forum.

Guest CWMwasmurdered
The notion that "This board is dying" is laughable. It isn't what it used to be, but that's just something people will have to get over. The fact that me MOVING A FOLDER causes bitching (and that complaints about the board usually come from the same group of people) should tell you a lot about exactly where the problem lies around here. It isn't just "Oh, mods don't care about this place", it's that some people care a little TOO much about this place.

You're ignoring the fact that the main "bitching" was about you deleting an (obviously popular) folder, and that most people had a problem with you moving NHB because it was meaningless and they'd rather see the mods take action on other issues.

It's incredibly frustrating that everytime people try to offer feedback in the Site Feedback folder some mods (you in this instance) insult the posters and even accuse some of us of being the real problem with the board.

How is that going to make people want to bring issues to your attention?

Guest Oblivious Heel
Yes, considering that every time I PM'd mods before, it was ignored.

Here's my list of problems and solutions that will be ignored:

1) wildpegasus. We all know he's a gimmick. There's no reason he isn't, at the very least, warned to cut his crap. He's derailed so many threads all over the board that it's embarassing, and he deserves a point all by himself.

2) Useless threads. And this includes NHB. I'm not saying everyone has to be a model poster, but starting threads that have no points and lead to no conversation just clutters the board, and makes more posters act stupid. See RickJames_Bitch as a big example of this.

3) Gimmick posters. Kill them all. I don't care if some are good or not... it's gone on far too long here, and needs to stop. I know adminbot says he wants to, but we have 10 mods or so here, and how many gimmicks have been cut? 1?

4) Assholeness, the biggest one here. A big reason this came into play was the Josh/Kotz reign of terror where they were pricks to everyone, and still having someone like HTQ with power. Any rude posts should result in at least a warning. "But, Leena, you're like the biggest cunt here!". Only because people force me to. And I know a lot of people do it to act cool. There needs to be an end to this. There's no reason everyone can't treat each other with enough respect that we can't have civilized conversations here.

Maybe they ignore you because they see through your gimmick and are sick of you being the attention whore that you so desperately crave to be. Admin and others are on to your game and don't want to feed your egotistical mind.

Again, your the biggest gimmick poster on this board. You point/snitch on others to cover up your own bullshit behavior and in the mean while get the idiots on the board to back you up because they're dumb enough to believe you're a chick and they might actually have a chance.

NO HOLDS BARRED

- NO HOLDS BARRED

I won't bitch about deleting NHB 2, but the NHB move really is completely pointless.

It just comes across as a 'we couldn't institute the changes we wanted, so let's do something however arbitrary it is because we have nothing better to do and want to feel good about our position, and oh yeah, make it so that something came out of the fuss last week' type move.

There's no rhyme or reason to it, why fix it if it isn't broken? For all the complaints about it, its position on the board was the very, absolute least of them. So we move it up a couple spots, our job for the week is done!

Not to mention Mike T. Admin wanted to sweep it under the rug, minimize its influence, however you want to put it. Then KingPK goes and draws attention to it, making it stand out and wants to emphasize it. So which is it, guys?

Maybe they ignore you because they see through your gimmick and are sick of you being the attention whore that you so desperately crave to be. Admin and others are on to your game and don't want to feed your egotistical mind.

Again, your the biggest gimmick poster on this board. You point/snitch on others to cover up your own bullshit behavior and in the mean while get the idiots on the board to back you up because they're dumb enough to believe you're a chick and they might actually have a chance.

Wow...

Although I didn't like the pictures you post in NHB, this post puts everything about Leena in perspective.

Not to mention Mike T. Admin wanted to sweep it under the rug, minimize its influence, however you want to put it. Then KingPK goes and draws attention to it, making it stand out and wants to emphasize it. So which is it, guys?

Yeah.....I actually went into the CP and did the moves myself. I created this thread like 5 minutes later to explain it. There was no Kennedy Assassination-level conspiracy.

Try again.

Guest Princess Leena
I haven't gotten anything major either.

My view is that if you can't stand a certain poster for whatever minor reason, use the ignore feature. It is there for a reason. If someone is REALLY being an ass in multiple threads, then something else can be done. Also, NHB should pretty much be unmoderated, with the caveat that nothing from there should spread to other parts of the board (hence why GTG was removed).

I agree that gimmick posters should go as there are about a handful of people that can actually pull one off.

Then, maybe we should get "these people" who care little TOO much about this place power, instead of you.

Because if you really think WP and EHME aren't REALLY being asses in multiple threads, then you don't read this board much.

But, by all means, insult me for caring about this place. You're just as bad as the kids here who insult everyone like children.