TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

Anyone on TSM near Hershey PA?

I looked on the TSM Frappr map and Spiff is the only one listed as being in PA but hes not close to Hershey. Im going to be spending 3 or 4 nights in PA (depending on whether or not I try to go to the Os/Tigers 9/21 makeup game on my first day off or not). I had really only planned to go to Hershey on Friday so I could hit the park on Saturday and maybe Sunday (only open the weekends in the fall) before coming back home on the monday. And yes, I know..I shouldn't be riding rollercoasters due to all my various medical maladies, but I only go once a year and fuck it, if I die on a rollercoaster at least it'll make the national news. Hershey is only about 4 1/2 hours from here via going through baltimore. Last september I went to Busch Gardens Williamsburg for the first time. Id like to go to Kennywood but its a bit further than Id like to go this year. Last time I went to Hershey was in 96 so its sort of like a 10th anniversary thing..

Guest Princess Leena

That Marvin is such a daredevil. He might even talk to a girl there, also.

Id like to go to Kennywood but its a bit further than Id like to go this year.

Now you're going into my territory, and we don't take kindly to your types around here.

I've wanted to go there ever since I saw a PBS show about the park about 8 years ago. Its on my list of parks to go to right below Cedar Point and Six Flags Magic Mountain.

If you're talking about the Six Flags near the Ohio/PA line, it has been sold and is something else (still theme park-based, though). In fact, I heard it's gotten better. If memory serves, there used to be a Seaworld and a water park called Geauga Lake. Six Flags bought both places and (from what I heard) turned it to shit. I think the Geauga Lake people bought the land again, but I haven't been over to those places in years. Cedar Point is great; by far my favorite theme park. Kennywood is good, too, especially if you're into history and all that other shit. They are planning on an expansion, but God only knows what that will take place.

Guest The Satanic Angel

I live an hour and a half south of kkk, so if he's too far away, I am. ::shrugs::

I live about two hours away in the Northeast. Goodness, Tominator lives right in Elysburg and you can't spring for Knoebels? It's even cheaper!

I'm about 2 miles from there. Knoebels is definitely cheap with the free admission and parking. I believe that weekend is the last of the season, except for the Covered Bridge Festival later in the fall.

If you're talking about the Six Flags near the Ohio/PA line, it has been sold and is something else (still theme park-based, though). In fact, I heard it's gotten better. If memory serves, there used to be a Seaworld and a water park called Geauga Lake. Six Flags bought both places and (from what I heard) turned it to shit. I think the Geauga Lake people bought the land again, but I haven't been over to those places in years. Cedar Point is great; by far my favorite theme park. Kennywood is good, too, especially if you're into history and all that other shit. They are planning on an expansion, but God only knows what that will take place.

Six Flags MM is out in Southern California. They have a bunch of rollercoasters, nothing compared to what Cedar Point up in Ohio has though. From what I've heard on Cedar Point, you need at least 3 days to ride them all (16 I think) though. I know last year I went to Busch Gardens Williamsburg in September (September 10th, a saturday) and was able to ride every coaster they have (I think its like 6) with the longest wait being about 1/2 hour. Apollos Chariot was the best and I also liked the 3-D Simulator ride Curse of Darkastle, but for the most part BGW is a lot of walking and scenery (euro themed areas) but not many coasters. Last time I went to Hershey Park was in 96 and I think I rode all the rides they had which was probably like 5 or so, but they've added 4 more coasters since(Stormrunner -a hydraulic launch coaster, Lightning Racer - a dueling wooden coaster, Wild Mouse and Great Bear - an inverted Steel coaster) so I think they have like 10 coasters now and the new ones sound a lot better than the ones that they had 10 years ago. The biggest thrill I got out of the 96 visit was Nintendo had N64s set up in a preview exhibit (this was a couple months before it was released) and I got to play Mario64 for about..all of 2 minutes.

I've been to:

Hershey Park once, Six Flags America outside of DC 3 times, Paramounts Kings Dominion in VA 3 times (stood in line 3 hours once to ride Volcano, one of Mick Foley's top 10 coasters), Paramounts Carowinds in NC once, and Busch Gardens Williamsburg once.

I don't think you need three days. When the better half and I went we spent all day and got on just about every ride once. We were going to do the water park on the second day, but we were so sunburnt and blistered we just went home.

Guest NYankees
Each time I go there, it seems like there's a lot of faggots.

You hate hanging out and being with people who remind you of yourself?

Guest The Satanic Angel

I live an hour and a half south of kkk, so if he's too far away, I am. ::shrugs::

You'd bang him, right?

No.

I live about two hours away in the Northeast. Goodness, Tominator lives right in Elysburg and you can't spring for Knoebels? It's even cheaper!

I'm about 2 miles from there. Knoebels is definitely cheap with the free admission and parking. I believe that weekend is the last of the season, except for the Covered Bridge Festival later in the fall.

Goddamn. It's late August and everything's in full swing. This time next month the area will be DEAD. No Knoebels, no Red Barons, etc. Summer ends too quickly in Pennsylvania.

Guest Vitamin X
Six Flags MM is out in Southern California.

That place is kinda filthy.

That's my hometown! (that, and Burbank, which is probably much more filthy- or at least it used to be)

And I worked there, too. Six Flags MM propoganda was that they, in fact, had the most rollercoasters in the world, and were in a never-ending race against Cedar Point to hold the top spot.

And actually, they're right. After googling it out of curiosity, with the opening of Tatsu on May 13, 2006, Six Flags Magic Mountain broke the tie with Cedar Point for the title of "most roller coasters at one park" with seventeen.

There's a catch, though. I remember when I worked there, and people tell me it's still the case, there's a rollercoaster called Flashback that has been "Standing but not Operating" for a long time. It occasionally opens to the public (ironically, usually during the Halloween season, where you can ride it backwards and forwards).

MM was the hangout spot for all the bored kids in that little suburb of L.A. where there was nothing much to do other than smoke pot, drink, or go to MM with a season pass, which pretty much everyone had.

Pennsylvania seems like it kinda sucks. Especially the western part.

Goddamn. It's late August and everything's in full swing. This time next month the area will be DEAD. No Knoebels, no Red Barons, etc. Summer ends too quickly in Pennsylvania.

Id hold off til October for when they dress up Hershey Park for Halloween and open all the rides up at night, but its just not gonna work that way.

HP is open Saturday and Sunday like 10-10 or so that weekend anyway so its good. Im gonna snatch up a discount coupon at Giant here so it will cost about $30 plus a free drink. Honestly I SHOULD hold off on HP til next year when they start celebrating the 100th Anniversary but I've got other plans for my vacation next year..

Guest Vitamin X
Pennsylvania seems like it kinda sucks. Especially the western part.

Do you ever read any of my fucking posts?

On second thought, I don't want to know the answer.

yes, I'm aware of you calling it "Shittsburgh." But I just usually assume you're a bitter old man, as well.

I have only ever been to six flags great adventure in NJ once in 92, in my 12 years of living in socal, I never went to MM (mostly cuz I am not a big coaster fan) but evryone else seemed to like it