TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest C3THIR

Evaluating - Chris Jericho

I want Jericho to come back and tell someone to PLEASE... SHUT... THE HELL... UP!

I don't care who. Anyone. However, better than anything he could do in the WWE would be to end up in TNA and wind up involved with Alex Shelley, because those two on the mic would be entertainment like no-one has ever seen before.

A year without Jericho, I'm still experiencing withdrawals.

:(

Now to see him we got to watch Celebrity Duets? ugh

come back soon

anyhow, who could blame him if he never comes back, he has done it all. sure he got downplayed but he was world champion for almost 4 months. he has headlined mania, and feuded with most of the top stars of his era.

The best time for him would have been summer 2000, cuz thats when he was at his peak of popularity in wwe. the team with Benoit was the last gasp of making him the top face (which he could have done well)

Guest DRH 502
he has done it all.

No. He hasn't. He knows he hasn't. Kayfabe championships be damned.

He was never a draw either.

That's unfair to say seeing how he wasn't really given a chance. And I'm not counting that farce of run he had as the Undisputed Champion.

Jerichoholic, the main problem with his team with Benoit against Austin in 2001 was that Benoit was clearly more impressive in his matches against Austin. Thus, the crowd favored Benoit more and Jericho looked like an afterthought in a feud that was meant to be the other way around (Jericho vs. Austin, Benoit as afterthought). Then of course Benoit got hurt and Jericho drifted aimlessly for another 4 months until the Rock feud.

Jerichoholic, the main problem with his team with Benoit against Austin in 2001 was that Benoit was clearly more impressive in his matches against Austin. Thus, the crowd favored Benoit more and Jericho looked like an afterthought in a feud that was meant to be the other way around (Jericho vs. Austin, Benoit as afterthought). Then of course Benoit got hurt and Jericho drifted aimlessly for another 4 months until the Rock feud.

The crowd favored Jericho more during the fued with Austin, he was by far the bigger fan favorite everywhere but Edmonton, which was Benoit's hometown.

Jericho was never given a chance to draw. He was never EVER (no pun intended) booked properly or shown to be at the same level as the other stars, and when he was the champ, was treated as a jobber with a belt and took a backseat to Rock, Austin, Triple H, nWo, Flair and Undertaker. In 2000, he was the second most over face in the company before Austin returned, and that was without a push... He also wasn't protected as well in his matches like Triple H was, who had carefully selected opponents and gimmick matches to hide his weaknesses. He was incredible on the mic, and anyone who says he couldn't cut a serious promo is an idiot. His promos against Rock and Michaels were some of the best I can remember, they were intense, emotional and definitely serious. When was the last time Triple H cut a promo half as good as those? Or anyone in WWE, for that matter? Heck, Angle gets praised for being a good promo and I've never heard one good, serious promo from him ever. When he tries to sound serious, he just comes off as goofy.