TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JangoFett4Hire

Help me stock my bar

For dark rum, Meyer's is an inexpensive brand that serves its purpose admirably. For light, you might have to bite the bullet and go with Bacardi.

Light rum is more or less essential for decent mojitos, whereas dark goes better with coke in my opinion. If I had to choose, I'd be more likely to buy a bottle of light because it's more versatile.

Edited by Ace309

Tres Gens is pretty good, only had it twice, but its a smooth tequila, and I won't say that statement much.

As far as Rum, I guess I am basic and just sail with the Capt.

Damnit, I gotta leave this thread, I'm trying to go 30 days w/o drinking.......

I'd stock JD, Absithe, Jager, a generic Vodka, some Baileys and some red and white wine. That should cover all eventualities.

Don't forget te beer though. People loves them some beer.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Rum is usually about the only thing I drink. My favorite has been the Appleton Reserve I brought back from Jamaica. Incredibly mild.

They also make an overproof that's just like fuckin' gasoline. That's actually how the guy who sold it to me phrased it. I had a bottle of the 18 year reserve in one hand, and one of the 12 in the other, and he says "Need any gasoline? The BEST in punch. Great for the girls."

Or you can get a half-gallon of Ronrico firewater for nine bucks.

Guest Dangerous Donnie D

Only drank Bacardi dark. Straight too although i'm sure someone will post the name of some carribean rum that no doubt puts it to shame...

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Is Gosling's Rum any good?

I had the good fortune to run across their Black Rum in one of the nicer bars on Six Mile Beach (same place I went crazy for Appleton.) I actually liked the Appleton Reserve more, but then again I've never tried Gosling's Old Rum.