TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster

OAO Impact Thread - September/7th/2006.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
JARRETT WILL TAKE THE POLYGRAPH TEST!

TNA Management Director, Jim Cornette is putting Jeff Jarrett to the test tonight on Impact on SpikeTV, the polygraph test! For the first time ever, a TNA star will be forced to take a polygraph on television! If Jarrett passes, he can look forward to facing Sting at Bound For Glory and prepare for the bout. However, if Jarrett fails, Cornette has promised the champion will face the wrath of the TNA fans! Will Jarrett pass the test tonight? Tune in and find out!

MAIN EVENT: CHRISTIAN CAGE .VS. RON "THE TRUTH" KILLINGS

Christian Cage is making a lot of enemies in recent weeks, first Sting, then Rhino, and now Ron "The Truth" Killings. The two stars got into a brawl this past week, leading to TNA security separating them. As a result, TNA Management has announced that Christian Cage will face "The Truth" in singles action tonight on SpikeTV! Will Cage continue to assault his former friends? Can "The Truth" beat Cage to get back into the World Heavyweight Title picture?

Also, tonight:

- The LAX .VS. T.J. & Kirby Mack.

- 8-Man Tag: James Gang, Shark Boy, & Norman Smiley .VS. "Maverick" Matt Bentley, Frankie Kazarian, & America's Most Wanted.

- Raven has requested camera time to speak out on the ongoing situation involving Abyss and Runt!

- According to rumors, "The Franchise" Shane Douglas has a major announcement concerning The Naturals.

- Plus, news on TNA teaming up with Jackass: Number 2! How does it involve Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt, and Alex Shelley? Tune in and find out!

In addition, more matches will be announced for the September 24th No Surrender Pay-Per-View, plus more news on the October 22nd Bound For Glory epic event!

- Plus, news on TNA teaming up with Jackass: Number 2! How does it involve Chris Sabin, Sonjay Dutt, and Alex Shelley? Tune in and find out!

Crap like this makes me think that WWE is secretly financing TNA.

Guest Fook_Theta

I haven't posted in here in a long time but did Machette just kill that jobber? Nasty powerbomb.

I haven't posted in here in a long time but did Machette just kill that jobber? Nasty powerbomb.

It's not Machete...they kicked him out like 6 months ago. Hernandez killed that jobber.

Also, when did Killings leave in the first place? Maybe soon but not yet.

Pretty good show tonight. I was a little worried when the show started with Jeremey Borash but it got better. The LAX squash was awesome. I have no idea who the Mack brothers are. All i know is Hernandez killed that one guy and Teney called Homicide's move "Cop Killah" but made a nice save.

Finally we saw a good Bobby Roode promo. Bobby Heenan really can make anyone look good. If Heenan was in good health and was able too, he should be the manager or advisor for Roode.

There were only two bad things about tonight's show. That stupid Jackass angle and Shane douglas and the naturals.

Christian/Killings was a good match. Heel unrestricted Christian is so good. Even his match with Rhyno looks promising.

I'm liking Jeff Jarrett. The Lie Detector angle wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. Jarrett and Young did a great job. I like Eric's new hairdo. Now all he needs is a afro and he really will be a better version of Eugene.

PS. I really like Raven's white suit.

This might sound silly but why isn't Scott D'Amore still Bobby Roode's manager? Whenever I see these Roode bits on TV I always ask myself that question.

Last night I think showed the problem TNA has with TV show vs. monthly PPVs. The TV show has entirely too much in the way of squash matches, and it moves almost too fast to the point where nothing gets over aside from Jarrett's silliness (mainly because he's on every week if nothing else).

As much as I trash the whole Jarrett/Hebner/Zbyzsko angle I can't help but watch it. I swear nothing Cornette has done thus far makes any sense. He wants the belt off of Jarrett ASAP, right? But then books a non title match vs. Samoa Joe, when Joe is the obvious guy who would cut through the bureaucratic red tape and kill Jarrett. Why would Joe winning necessarily hurt Sting's title shot in any way? Just let Sting have the winner of Joe/Jarrett.

As much as I trash the whole Jarrett/Hebner/Zbyzsko angle I can't help but watch it. I swear nothing Cornette has done thus far makes any sense. He wants the belt off of Jarrett ASAP, right? But then books a non title match vs. Samoa Joe, when Joe is the obvious guy who would cut through the bureaucratic red tape and kill Jarrett. Why would Joe winning necessarily hurt Sting's title shot in any way? Just let Sting have the winner of Joe/Jarrett.

That is why authority figures heel or face are so overdone nowadays. Smarks and marks alike just can't suspend reality enough to wonder "why can't he just fire him or why can't he just strip him of the belt?"

That stuff doesn't bother me.

He didn't take the title off of Jarrett because he's an old school guy who believes the title should be won or lost in the ring...

He couldn't make the match with Joe a title match because Sting already has a title vs. career contract for October.

But he can put him in every position to lose. He has to stay in the ring with the most dominant guy in the company, while Sting gets to sit home and train.

The entire Jarrett storyline from all the way back at Controversy in Canada has lead to the next 2 ppvs. He's going to get his ass beat by Joe, then he'll lose his title to Sting.

The entire Jarrett storyline from all the way back at Controversy in Canada has lead to the next 2 ppvs. He's going to get his ass beat by Joe, then he'll lose his title to Sting.

*Cheers*

Just out of curosity, what were the jackass angles like?

Guest netslob

and then Joe has an excuse for a title match against Sting. so it may all even out.

maybe.

In hindsight, it's a GREAT storyline on paper but poorly executed.I think TNA problem is Tenay(and West but he is not the lead) for not putting over storylines strong enough. I bet Tenay will never mention the Canada Controversy.. And yes folks,Tenay writes all his announcing material. Nobody is yelling in his ear like WWF.

Well the problem is that the whole Canadian conspiracy was so poorly set up and explained. I mean, it seemed literally like "Oh, we're debuting on Spike, so let's put the belt back on Jarrett." It was at a seedy house show with bad looking footage.

Zbyzsko's whole role in it remains truly baffling, as does Jarrett's so called storyline "power." One week the guy blathers about TNA management trying to get rid of him, the next he is telling Eric Young "stick with me and you'll have a job for life, kid."

There's a decent mysterious storyline going on here somewhere, but you have to REALLY dig to find it. Larry Z.'s characterization on TV has been the biggest problem. What are his motives outside of the Raven angle? Why does he give a shit about Jarrett? Why would he want Jarrett to have the belt, but make rulings that cost him the title against Christian? Then why would he do a massive screwjob with Hebner to help Jarrett regain?

Between Zbyzsko, Cornette, Hebner, and Jarrett I don't know what the fuck is going on here. It's definitely car wreck style amusement, but how can they have a conclusion to this angle that is either satisfying or one that doesn't contradict what has happened? They have underplayed this whole Jarrett/Zbyzsko relationship to the point where I don't grasp what they are conveying. Isn't it just easier to do a storyline of "Jarrett bribes Zbyzsko to get the title back, everyone knows it, then Wrestler X kills Jarrett for the title?"

The more you have to think about a wrestling angle the less chance there is of drawing money with it.

For the storyline to materialize to anything worth a damn the players have to have convincing performances. So let's look at the cast:

Cornett - Brought in as the authority figure that sets up the matches and gives punishment for those who breaks the rules but does he have a secret agenda? When Jarrett cheated to win the NWA World Championship Cornett did nothing more than a slap on the wrist. Hell of a lot more convincing as the "Boss" than Zbyzsko.

Scotty D'Amore - Reason #2 right up there with Zbyzsko as the worst performer and reason why the whole angle went nowhere. Just another pawn for the champ who provided the place and the muscle to screw the at the time champion Raven. Thank god they took him off tv.

Jackie Gayda - Had video tape evidence of the screwjob in Canada and threaten to show it to the proper authorities but nothing really came out of it. Has disappeared from the face of the earth and thank god to cause her performance was the worst of all.

Hebner - Was the ref in screw jobs in the past and has been questionable in TNA but looks like nothing but a pawn to the people pulling the strings. Was "fired" by Jim Cornett on tv for involvement in helping Jarrett win the championship.

Jarrett - The Champ who does what he wants when he wants and how he wants with little to no consequences.

Raven - The former champ who got screw in Canada by the fat bastard who does nothing but bark and carry a hockey stick with the flag on it. Has been stalking Zbyzsko for a few weeks after getting screwed over in Canada then won a Hair match....WHOOOPTY FUCKING DOOOO. By far the best performer of the cast but due to some "health issues" has been put on the backburner and most likey will never get back the title shot. Why he has'nt confronted the current GM Cornette about a rematch is questionable.

Slick Johnson - Looks like he went to same bad acting school that Zybrysko and D'Amore went to with all of the bad overacting. This pawn looks to be the next screwjob ref....to bad he can't act worth shit. Really should not be on tv anymore.

Zbyzsko - This Drew Caray wannabe mid-manager has been the #1 reason why the angle has went nowhere for weeks with his piss poor acting and always looking like he came off the golf course before the tapings. Was never perceived as an authority figure other than a mere messenger from the "Office". Should never be on tv again.

CONCLUSION: Jeff Jarrett is the one pulling all the strings and Joe will kill him.

pwinsider is reporting that Impact did a 0.7 cable rating. This shit just keeps getting better and better people. I would really love to know what those PPV numbers look like.

pwinsider is reporting that Impact did a 0.7 cable rating. This shit just keeps getting better and better people. I would really love to know what those PPV numbers look like.

Not that we didn't know this already, but can it now safely be said that Christian's drawing power > than Jarrett's. When Christian was on top and TNA had the hot Joe/Steiner feud going on, the numbers were over 1.0 pretty regularly.

Not that we didn't know this already, but can it now safely be said that Christian's drawing power > than Jarrett's. When Christian was on top and TNA had the hot Joe/Steiner feud going on, the numbers were over 1.0 pretty regularly.

Dixie Carter has to be on the verge of shaking up this creative team. Does the rating have to drop to a 0.5 for them to get a clue?

Razazteca, honestly I had totally forgotten about the whole deal in Canada. It seems like two totally different angles. Who cares about that crap in Canada now since Jarrett has jobbed the belt to Christian and regained in another screwjob since? Just confine this to the current Slammiversary screwjob and the aftermath and it'd be much better.

The biggest problem I have had with this whole angle is that entire characters in it make no sense. The motives are totally unexplored. D'Amore helping Jarrett made sense at least. But Zbyzsko? I still have no idea what his relationship is with Jarrett, or why he would ally himself with a guy who in storyline is on the outs with TNA upper management (especially when Larry is worried about his own job). Zbyzsko seems mostly concerned with keeping his phoney baloney job, not in cashing in $$....thus Jarrett simply bribing him would be a copout.

The annoying thing is that none of this shit will go anywhere because Jarrett will just lose the belt soon anyway and it'll all be dropped. The Canada angle was dropped once JJ lost to Christian after all.

Another hilarious aspect of all Jarrett angles is someone crying "Conspiracy!" when we all know this going in. The Jackie Gayda thing with the tape...who cares? We all know Jarrett did a screwjob, so crying about a conspiracy is pointless. Ditto Hebner whining about Zbyzsko...it was a blatant screwjob, so move on.

Raven is the #1 talent in TNA when it comes to promos/interviews when motovated he can make anything look good. Having him sit on the sidelines playing hardcore games with Spike Dudley is a waste of time. WHAT ABOUT RAVEN WHAT ABOUT HIS TITLE SHOT! TNA could of kept Raven as a character on tv doing some vignettes of him complaining of how he got screwed by the NWA Championship Committee and progressed into a Raven/Cornette/Jarrett feud. At the very least they could have Raven beatup the screwjob refs Slick Johnson and Hebner around in a Sid Vicious/Steiner way to send a message to Cornette and the Committee.

Honestly, I have long since forgotten Raven getting a title shot. He got so bogged down in that Zbyzsko crap and his own health problems that he's off the radar. It was never going anywhere of note anyway, it was just the lame screwjob mechanism to get the belt off Raven and onto JJ again so they could debut on Spike. Raven has been so buried that I haven't even been asking myself "Gee, what happened to Raven getting a title shot?"