TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 2

This Eagles game is definitely making my weekend look up.

I was wanting to get a new Eagles jersey(i have a green McNabb one) and I was going to get one in white or black but I couldn't decided between Kearse and Brown.....I think I'll go with Reggie.

I have 3 McNabb jerseys, 1 green, 1 white, and a rare black and white one(no green on the jersey at all)

I'd like a little more player variety. lol.

I wish I could afford one of the authentic jerseys though.

i don't think the bears really have to worry about the eagles. sorry. and the bears proved themselves last year defensively, these first two games have shown that grossman has the potential (which a lot of people questioned) to shred a defense. keep in mind the favorite seahawks barely squeaked by with a meagre 9 points agianst the lions.

grossman just threw his 4h td. the seahawks offense did nothing against the lions while the bears are absolutely shredding it. the favorite out of the nfc has to be the bears. to say otherwise is pure folly.

It's Week 2.

andrew walter has replaced aaron brooks. brooks fumbled twice in his first two drives. now walters seems to have a good thing going.

And the Raiders fans thought us Saints fans had a case of jealousy, thinking that they could get production out of Brooks that we couldn't...

How about Stallworth??

Stallworth never spent a significant amount of time playing WR with a competent QB in New Orleans.

His experience with Brees was limited to parts of this past pre-season and, for whatever reason, the coaching staff was disappointed in him and demoted him in favor of Devery Henderson and Marques Colson.

While neither Colson nor Henderson has had superstar weeks like Stallworth with Philly, both have scored receiving TDs and made big plays for the Saints.

i don't think the bears really have to worry about the eagles. sorry. and the bears proved themselves last year defensively, these first two games have shown that grossman has the potential (which a lot of people questioned) to shred a defense. keep in mind the favorite seahawks barely squeaked by with a meagre 9 points agianst the lions.

Eagles are a better defensive and offensive team then both the Lions and Packers. They would have alot of worry about, espically with Donte Stallworth coming along. With the Eagles you don't have to worry about 1 recieving threat, you have to worry about alot of threats, because they spread the ball around.

Eagles D-Line, I think would give the Bears O-Line problems.

And as I type this, the Giants got a touchdown from a fumble recovery, what the fuck.

grossman just threw his 4h td. the seahawks offense did nothing against the lions while the bears are absolutely shredding it. the favorite out of the nfc has to be the bears. to say otherwise is pure folly.

It's Week 2.

what are you talking about? i said they're the favorites. i didn't say they would win.

idiot.

ya, ya, the eagles fans are crawling out of the wood work. kinda fitting that carlito is a fan.

How many people started Grossman this week for fantasy? Heh.

I could have picked him up from the FA pile in my keeper league but went with Phil Rivers instead because I figured Grossman didn't have as many good weapons to work with.

Hah, Chris Gamble is an idiot.

Took a punt return and tried to be fancy and throw a lateral across the field to a teammate who wasn't looking, Vikings get it at like the 20 yardline.

It's Week 2.

what are you talking about? i said they're the favorites. i didn't say they would win.

idiot.

ya, ya, the eagles fans are crawling out of the wood work. kinda fitting that carlito is a fan.

Only an idiot would declare who the favorite is after most teams have only played 1 or 2 games.

Guest Felonies!

So if the Bears beat Minnesota and Seattle in the next two weeks, will you acknowledge them as the favorite in the NFC?

asshole. people predict who the favorites are in the fucking preseason. it doesn't mean that they will win. people pick the favorites for the next season the day after the superbowl. its really not that illogical.

also, most people thought the bears were ok but had a lot of questions about what grossman was capable of. two really strong games can put some suspicion to sleep.

So if the Bears beat Minnesota and Seattle in the next two weeks, will you acknowledge them as the favorite in the NFC?

I will acknowledge them as a favorite in the NFC, because I can't say that they are better than Carolina with a healthy Steve Smith.

There's also Atlanta - and Dallas and Washington will also be much better than they showed in week 1.

asshole. people predict who the favorites are in the fucking preseason. it doesn't mean that they will win. people pick the favorites for the next season the day after the superbowl. its really not that illogical.

also, most people thought the bears were ok but had a lot of questions about what grossman was capable of. two really strong games can put some suspicion to sleep.

You can pick whoever you want as a favorite, but when you say, "to say otherwise is pure folly", at this point in the season it's fucking ridiculous, especially with the reasoning you used.

An argument can be made for plenty of teams to be the "favorite" in the NFC or AFC based off of two games.

why are we having such a difficulty with the word favorite. i think its fairly subjective anyway. its not the gospel word. the colts have been called the favorites of the afc. were last year, too. doesn't mean shit. why is loaded glove having such difficulty with this? why are you so angry? people pick favorites because its fun. its interesting to see the progression of a team through pre & regular season. the bears are the favorites. i stand by this.

Actually 90% of the experts picked the Bears to win the divison, and them beating 2 teams in their divison isn't a suprise to no one.

Guest Felonies!

If Grossman keeps running up scores like this and the defense stays strong, I don't see why they can't contend. It's basically last year's defensive juggernaut + a quarterback that can actually score points.

Griese is in for mop-up duty, by the way.

It's Week 2, I remember when St. Louis started off the year 4-0 like a decade ago and finished 6-10. But the Bears' power as a "favorite" has a lot to do with their (lack of) opponents. The Bears have a great D and play the NFL's worst division. They'll win the division easily and be a high playoff seed.

AXE MAN INTERCEPTION!!!!!!!!!!!

I was starting to get worried there for a second. Thing were looking intense and the Eagles suffer from my curse of every team I like not winning so I was expecting a heartbreaker for me on a second day in a row. Trotter shut that down.

Come on Eagles.....2-0......1-0 in the division.

why are we having such a difficulty with the word favorite. i think its fairly subjective anyway. its not the gospel word. the colts have been called the favorites of the afc. were last year, too. doesn't mean shit. why is loaded glove having such difficulty with this?

I'm not having any difficulty with it at all, I just think it's stupid to pick a favorite after two weeks and then totally disregard all the other teams in the conference.

What I am having difficulty with is your dumbass reasoning.

"Team A beat Team B worse than Team C beat them, so Team A is clearly better"

no.

Actually 90% of the experts picked the Bears to win the divison, and them beating 2 teams in their divison isn't a suprise to no one.

but mostly everyone considered their defense to win the games. chicago averaged 16 points/game last year, most of which were scored by the defense. but to destroy two teams so decisively with a healthy grossman demonstrates another part of the bears arsenal that MANY people doubted. most people. their defense took them to the nfc championship game. but with a capable & potentially dangerous offense? come on. it looks pretty good for them/

Guest Felonies!

And with the 2001 and 2005 Bears, you either had the defense winning close games, or the offense falling ass-backwards into victories. These games are blowouts.

why are we having such a difficulty with the word favorite. i think its fairly subjective anyway. its not the gospel word. the colts have been called the favorites of the afc. were last year, too. doesn't mean shit. why is loaded glove having such difficulty with this?

I'm not having any difficulty with it at all, I just think it's stupid to pick a favorite after two weeks and then totally disregard all the other teams in the conference.

What I am having difficulty with is your dumbass reasoning.

"Team A beat Team B worse than Team C beat them, so Team A is clearly better"

no.

bears offense last year = weak with horrible qb.

bears defense last year = amazing.

bears = nfc championship game.

----

bears offense this year = much improved with healthy qb.

bears defense = amazing.

bears = strong favorites to win nfc championship.

not all that hard. no bullshit reasoning.