Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 2

Guest Felonies!

They did that last week too. It said like

PERSON'S NAME

THIS IS WHERE YOU PUT STATISTICS AND FACTS

or something

Edwin, did you catch "The Manning's Are Ready For Football Season"?

Well I'm just saying, the NFL is gonna get a team in LA if it kills them, and the Jags are one of the only teams that isn't really locked down. The Colts have their new stadium being built, and I think the Vikings are safe with the new owner, so they're the only team left that can really move.

I still think NO is shaky, despite NFL's insistance that Reggie Bush will resurrect the city on the power of his legs. However, if they ever leave, it's to San Antonio and not LA. (Which allows the division to still make geographic sense)

Wasn't San Diego, having stadium disputes not so long ago? I thought there were some rumblings that they'd move up-state.

Well I'm just saying, the NFL is gonna get a team in LA if it kills them, and the Jags are one of the only teams that isn't really locked down. The Colts have their new stadium being built, and I think the Vikings are safe with the new owner, so they're the only team left that can really move.

So they can move, Jacksonville will cry "WE WERE SCREWED! OH MY GOD!" and then we'll STILL get a 33rd expansion team. Only called the Jacksonville Crocs or some stupid thing.

Either way, the NFL is getting stuck with 33 teams. And then the Jags team that moved to LA will move again when LA stops caring around year 4. Then 3 years after the LA Jags move, LA will complain that they deserve an NFL franchise and we'll have 34 teams.

I still think NO is shaky, despite NFL's insistance that Reggie Bush will resurrect the city on the power of his legs. However, if they ever leave, it's to San Antonio and not LA. (Which allows the division to still make geographic sense)

Wasn't San Diego, having stadium disputes not so long ago? I thought there were some rumblings that they'd move up-state.

The fanbase is there in NO, as they've sold around 50,000+ season ticket packages since Bush was drafted, which guarantees all home games will be televised.

The questions really deal with corporate sponsors, as many large companies such as Ruth's Chris moved their corporate headquarters out of NO in the wake of Katrina.

Guest Smues
They did that last week too. It said like

PERSON'S NAME

THIS IS WHERE YOU PUT STATISTICS AND FACTS

Damn being out of town last weekend. I wish I'd seen that

MNF is painful. Listening to Theisman and Kornhole arguing is awful, they are both passive-aggressive little bitches to each other. Kornheiser doesn't really have anything to say other than moronic irrelevant stats being fed through his earpiece, does he even like football?

Guest Felonies!

"Aeriel Coverage" trumps both, though. Geez.

I noticed the Jags were using a R&RP2 cover. As if that makes it okay. As if it wasn't okay in the first place.

By the way, does anyone else just hate the "the national media overlooks us but we'll prove you wrong! you'll see! YOU'LL SEE!" teams, or is it just me?

I know what you mean, but it seems to be an effective tactic.

I really hate the "nobody believed we could do it, but we believed in US." speeches, though.

Jacksonville to LA talks could become very possible by the end of next season. Enough of that though, they won, that's all that matters.

LA cared about the Raiders. Nobody cared about the Rams because they played in Anaheim. I'd never support the Raiders if they came back here.

Which doesn't make sense, as most "experts" picked Jacksonville, anyways.

New England's usage of the "no respect" angle (after two straight SB's and constant ESPN adoration) was nauseating.

I get that you need something to motivate yourself, but don't create stuff like that to get it.

Guest Felonies!

By the way, does anyone else just hate the "the national media overlooks us but we'll prove you wrong! you'll see! YOU'LL SEE!" teams, or is it just me?

I know what you mean, but it seems to be an effective tactic.

I really hate the "nobody believed we could do it, but we believed in US." speeches, though.

Though actually, it was kinda cool when the 2003 Expos were a wild card longshot. You think the Marlins were built to fail? MLB built them to fail. And they weren't just ignored, they were a punchline. But yeah, White Sox and Patriots are the worst offenders.

Guest Felonies!

Yeah, you damn well better agree that the Patriots were nauseating with the "we get no respect!" thing. Do their fans even watch the world's largest sports station which happens to be located in New England?

Guest Smues

The 03 Expos got so royally fucked by MLB their asses probably still hurt in Washington.

Back on topic: I hope NO can win next Monday, but I'm fearing a Falcon's blow out.

New England's usage of the "no respect" angle (after two straight SB's and constant ESPN adoration) was nauseating.

Oh god, that was the worst. Even the ESPN guys were all "Uh, what the fuck Tom Brady. Yes you do get respect. Come on now."

Guest Felonies!

Oh god, that was the worst. Even the ESPN guys were all "Uh, what the fuck Tom Brady. Yes you do get respect. Come on now."

They took their mouth off his dick long enough to say three sentences?

Peyton, was still lubing up.

I think someone slapped an audio filter over it to pull out the slurping sounds and get the gist behind the statement.

I distinctly remember at least a few of them saying things like that. I was shocked. I was certain they would launch into "Oh my gosh, Tom Brady is firing up his team! WHAT A LEADER."

I love when people say that Jacksonville tries to push the "We don't get respect!" shit when none of the actual players or coaches say shit about it. Pull your heads out of your asses and look at who's actually say what next time.

:::: waits for someone to pull the "Ben wasn't 100% excuse" when someone tries to play down the Jags winning tonight ::::

:::: waits for someone to pull the "Ben wasn't 100% excuse" when someone tries to play down the Jags winning tonight ::::

I hate that too. Ben doesn't run the ball.

This is probably the best ESPN bashing thread we've had. Keep it up.

Guest Smues

SMUES! Get a screencap of "Aeriel Coverage" for me!

Bitch, do my work.

Was that on tonight's game? If so I can snap it tomorrow (it'll be another shitty taken by camera of the TV cap, damn not having my capture card up here). What point in the game was it?