TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cabbageboy

NFL Week 2

Dammit turnover on downs......they should've punted it and pinned the Giants deep.

They were too deep. Too often you'll get only a net 18 yard punt, which is pretty bad, considering you'll pick up 4th and 1 a good percentage of the time.

I didn't know that the Bears made the NFC title game last year. Loaded Glove is right though, there isn't any "strong" or "clear" favorite to win either conference. Not at this point, anyway.

why are we having such a difficulty with the word favorite. i think its fairly subjective anyway. its not the gospel word. the colts have been called the favorites of the afc. were last year, too. doesn't mean shit. why is loaded glove having such difficulty with this?

I'm not having any difficulty with it at all, I just think it's stupid to pick a favorite after two weeks and then totally disregard all the other teams in the conference.

What I am having difficulty with is your dumbass reasoning.

"Team A beat Team B worse than Team C beat them, so Team A is clearly better"

no.

bears offense last year = weak with horrible qb.

bears defense last year = amazing.

bears = nfc championship game.

----

bears offense this year = much improved with healthy qb.

bears defense = amazing.

bears = strong favorites to win nfc championship.

not all that hard. no bullshit reasoning.

Hey, their offense will probably improve, but like I said above they did this against Detriot last year too.

I'm not ready to put them above Carolina or Seattle yet, or even Atlanta. I'd like to see them beat Seattle.

Guest Felonies!

I don't get why people are shitting on the Bears. If, ceteris paribus, you go from the worst quarterback in football to a very good one, shouldn't they be a contender?

I didn't know that the Bears made the NFC title game last year.

do you watch football?

Fool, the Panthers played the Bears for the NFC title.

Also, nobody shit on the Bears at all. They are a contender. Nobody is a clear favorite two games into the season.

I don't get why people are shitting on the Bears. If, ceteris paribus, you go from the worst quarterback in football to a very good one, shouldn't they be a contender?

exactly. especially when they almost made it to the superbowl with that combination.

and people explain your rationale, aside from favoritism, of putting the atlanta falcons (who didn't make the playoffs last year) over the chicago bears? please loaded glove. you are the expert. explian it to poor old me.

Guest Felonies!

do you watch football?

Also, nobody shit on the Bears at all. They are a contender.

Bears lost to the Panthers in the second round, Panthers lost to the Seahawks in the title game. There.

do you watch football?

Also, nobody shit on the Bears at all. They are a contender.

Bears lost to the Panthers in the second round, Panthers lost to the Seahawks in the title game. There.

oh ya.

and people explain your rationale, aside from favoritism, of putting the atlanta falcons (who didn't make the playoffs last year) over the chicago bears? please loaded glove. you are the expert. explian it to poor old me.

well?

The Bears were good last year and have obviously improved with a QB with considerably greater range of ability then the scrub they had last season...so what's the problem? They match the requirements to be labeled a SB contender.

If idiots were going around calling MIAMI, a SB contender, why the hell is it an issue with Chicago, who are actually justified in the hype.

Chicago is a legitimate contender for the NFC title, alongside other teams.

This is nothing more then starting a stupid debate for the sake of saying something different from reality.

Lost in all this "Chicago is/isnt a contender", "Oakland blows" talk is that Cleveland is horrible and got blown out despite constant chances to stay alive.

exactly. especially when they almost made it to the superbowl with that combination.

Who cares who made the playoffs last year? Chicago didn't make the playoffs in 2004, but they got there last year.

Atlanta has looked really impressive so far, as they've already defeated two playoff teams from last season (and from their own divison, no less). I don't put them above Chicago though, if I said that before it was a typo, I think they're on about the same level right now.