Cardinals at Astros, 7:00/4:00 PM, ESPN

SATURDAY

Marlins at Phillies, 1:00 PM EST, FOX

Nationals at Mets, 1:00 PM EST, FOX

Mariners at White Sox, Noon CST/10:00 AM PST

Angels at A's, 1:00 PM PST, FOX

SUNDAY

Cardinals at Astros, 8:00/5:00 PM, ESPN

Three Astros games. ESPN, we have our finger somewhere in the general vicinity on the pulse of the pennant chase!

Needless to say, I'm not very happy at all with the play of the Dodgers. The light at the end of the tunnel is the schedule. That makes me happy. 3 games against the Pirates will surely right the ship! Clinching any playoff spot in Frisco would be the greatest thing ever.

I feel like I'm alone in this, but I'd rather see the Dodgers win the Wild Card than the division. I do not want to see St. Louis in the divisional series, but I feel like this team can beat the Mets.

News of interest not just for me but potentially for the playoffs, Rich Harden is scheduled start Thursday against Cleveland. This may have Francisco Liriano written all over it and I'd prefer they bring him back as a reliever. Trying to rush Harden back as a starter especially when the division is almost wrapped up seems kinda pointless. The rotation is solid without him and he could provide a lethal option out of the pen in the playoffs.

Figures that ESPN would show my beloved Astros when they're pretty much all but dead in the division and the WC. Oh well, Wednesday is a Clemens' start and the other two are against the Cards. I just hope that they get Buck Martinez or somebody besides Joe Morgan to commentate. Hell, even Rick Sutcliffe would be better.

And, hey, maybe the Astros can go 15-0 till the end of the season. That's about the only hope they have of getting into the postseason...

Jesus, Aramis Ramirez already with seven RBI and two homers through four. This will certainly help me in the finals of the usually frustrating fantasy baseball.

And damn it, why can't I ever be watching when Juan Pierre hits one of his few home runs?

The Home Run Parade Continues!

Phils score 6 (including a grand slam) to get it to 8-6 going into the 5th.

Howard stuck out on 3 swings to end the inning, admist chants of "MVP!" at a supercharged stadium.

Cubs get a solo jack, it's now 9-6 Cubs top 5 w/ 2 outs.

This is the first time I've had the pleasure of seeing the Mets clinch the division. Of course, I would have loved to have seen the celebration in person when I was in Pittsburgh, but to witness the joy of the players as they clinch at home, in front of 45,000 ridiculously excited fans...the feeling's indescribable.

I love this team.

Let's go Mets.

Some sexual harassment at Shea as Duaner Sanchez just doused the Met female reporter Julie Donaldson's shirt with beer. LOL

Edit: Can't forget Paul Lo Duca dropping the F-Bomb on live TV!

ESPN2 is airing the "Bricktown Showdown" tomorrow, a one game playoff between the AAA champions. I'd prefer to call it an exhibition. In any case, it might be of interest to Tigers and Diamondback fans. Tucson starter Micah Owings compiled an amazing 16-2 record between AA and AAA this season.

Congrats to the Metropolitans. The Astros beat the Reds. Oswalt left in the 7th with neck spasms. 13 games to go. If they can go 13 and 0...there's...a...chance...I...guess...maybe.

Guest Smues

Great, the Yankees are going to win the World Series.

Like I wasn't fearing a subway series part 2 enough already.

Great, the Yankees are going to win the World Series.

Like I wasn't fearing a subway series part 2 enough already.

Like ESPN will give any coverage to that whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Guest Felonies!

cinemaleo (11:11:02 PM): I guess that humidor isn't working too well eh?

We were just discussing that.

No managers were fired this year. When was the last time everyone kept their jobs?

I just saw this in the paper a while ago. I can't remember the year but I believe it was Terry Francona's last year in Philly (he was told that they were letting him go at the end of the season, but he stayed on through all 162 games).

WHOA.

The Dodgers just hit back-to-back-to-back-to-back HR's in the bottom of the ninth to tie it up at 9-9 against the Padres with Jeff Kent, JD Drew, Russ Martin and Marlon Anderson.