TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

WWE to counter in head-to-head with Ortiz vs. Shamrock III...

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
As things are now planned, ECW and UFC are not going head-to-head on October 10th. UFC is now scheduling its live special from Hollywood, FL with Tito Ortiz .VS. Ken Shamrock from 8pm-10pm. Most UFC two hour specials seem to end up a few minutes long so there may be five minutes or so head-to-head.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
WWE announced today it will have a live strip poker game with all the women in the promotion (Raw, Smackdown and ECW) as its counter to the UFC two-hour live show.

And I just noticed, the "strip poker" won't be live, as the October/10th/2006 episode of ECW on Sci-Fi will be taped the night before, on Monday October 9th, with the 3-hour Raw: The Family Reunion show in Columbia, SC for a 4 hour+ taping.

As things are now planned, ECW and UFC are not going head-to-head on October 10th. UFC is now scheduling its live special from Hollywood, FL with Tito Ortiz .VS. Ken Shamrock from 8pm-10 pm. Most UFC two hour specials seem to end up a few minutes long so there may be five minutes or so head-to-head.

DANA PHEARS VINCE!

Now if they still go ahead with the strip poker deal it'll be an even stupider idea.

I took the writing staff days to figure out what beats what in a hand and who was going to win which item of clothing. You know their attention to detail.

WWE announced today it will have a live strip poker game with all the women in the promotion (Raw, Smackdown and ECW) as its counter to the UFC two-hour live show.

And I just noticed, the "strip poker" won't be live, as the October/10th/2006 episode of ECW on Sci-Fi will be taped the night before, on Monday October 9th, with the 3-hour Raw: The Family Reunion show in Columbia, SC for a 4 hour+ taping.

The schedule on WWE.com says there is a SmackDown/ECW show on the 10th... but it does also say the 9th is ECW. Disregard, I see the deal now (taping two shows the week of the 9th, Supershow happening on the 16th).