TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Heroes

DC > Everything

Personally I only collect JSA and Legion from DC, of which the former is indeed one of the best books out there. But let's be honest - both companies put out their fair share of crap.

Parkman and Speedster are now in love after knowing each other for... like what 2 or 3 days?

Man, those Elle and Sylar scenes would have not worked with anyone else on the show... that shit had so much potential to be ham worthy thanks to the dialogue but Kristen and Zach brought it and made it somehow work.

About the only thing I liked about the show. Papa Petrelli would've been another thing I liked, but his pimp hand failed him at a crucial point.

Parkman and Speedster are now in love after knowing each other for... like what 2 or 3 days?

That's another thing that bugs me. They fall in love because the storyline says they have to; there is absolutely no discernable chemistry between the two. Plus, she's blabbing to Papa Petrelli about everything he does.

After watching the episode again, I noticed something. Knox and Flint were chasing after Peter and Claire (presumably just for Claire) before Papa Petrelli knew she was the missing piece of the formula.

That's another thing that bugs me. They fall in love because the storyline says they have to; there is absolutely no discernable chemistry between the two. Plus, she's blabbing to Papa Petrelli about everything he does.

Yeeeeeah. Heroes does that.

In the future Parkman and Speed Girl are in love. Well damn if they don't meet in the very next episode. Couldn't stretch that out any, eh?

Also, did Sulu ever have a power? Or was he just a businessman in the group? And are we ever going to find out what Papa P was looking at off camera in the big group photo? Or since they seemed to have recast who was in the pic from who they have now will it ever be an issue

Well, I don't want to turn this into a comic book debate but:

Professor X or Magneto? Magneto has his special helmet that doesn't let Prof X fuck with his mind, plus he can control magnetism. Advantage Mags.

Richards or Dr. Doom? Both about similar in brainpower, but Doom is only second to Dr. Strange in mastery of the mystic arts so that's a huge advantage in my book. Awesome armor vs. elastic body? I'll go with armor.

Spider-Man or Venom? You gotta be kidding. The Venom symbiote gives the host superhuman strenght (more than Spidey) plus all his abilities and makes the wearer undetectable from the spider-sense. Clear advantage to Venom.

In the DCU, you have:

Superman or Lex Luthor? Superman may be the most powerful in any Universe so he's the exception that confirms the rule I guess. That's why I hate him so much, he's so invincible, and it's not like any villain can get any kryptonite from the neighborhood's grocery store or something. They had to invent Doomsday, upgrade guys like Metallo and the such and reboot Darkseid as a Supes villain to power up his rogue's gallery. Otherwise, the Toyman? Give me a break.

Batman or the Joker? In a fistfight of course Bats gets the nod, but Joker's insanity (and clear intelligence) makes him so unpredictable that I feel that gives him an advantage, but you may be right on this one.

Flash or all his Rogues Gallery? The Wally West Flash could kick 99% of all superpowered people's butts on any Universe, but somehow he's mostly never mentioned in the most powerful category.

So how is Mama Petrelli's team supposed to compete against Papa Petrelli's team anyway?

"Hi! My team can fly, dream about the future, heal, know your thoughts, and release gas pipes inside dark, dank sewers. Yours?"

"Oh the usual. Steal all your powers, freeze you to death, electrocute you to death, burn you to death, punch a hole through you, kill you just by touching you."

I really think that the Haitian is going to be the key (which they gave away already when Ma Patrelli thought she killed Pa). Other than him, the sides are way off.

Unless the tasers can put down Pa Patrelli.

Well, I don't want to turn this into a comic book debate but:

Professor X or Magneto? Magneto has his special helmet that doesn't let Prof X fuck with his mind, plus he can control magnetism. Advantage Mags.

Richards or Dr. Doom? Both about similar in brainpower, but Doom is only second to Dr. Strange in mastery of the mystic arts so that's a huge advantage in my book. Awesome armor vs. elastic body? I'll go with armor.

Spider-Man or Venom? You gotta be kidding. The Venom symbiote gives the host superhuman strenght (more than Spidey) plus all his abilities and makes the wearer undetectable from the spider-sense. Clear advantage to Venom.

In the DCU, you have:

Superman or Lex Luthor? Superman may be the most powerful in any Universe so he's the exception that confirms the rule I guess. That's why I hate him so much, he's so invincible, and it's not like any villain can get any kryptonite from the neighborhood's grocery store or something. They had to invent Doomsday, upgrade guys like Metallo and the such and reboot Darkseid as a Supes villain to power up his rogue's gallery. Otherwise, the Toyman? Give me a break.

Batman or the Joker? In a fistfight of course Bats gets the nod, but Joker's insanity (and clear intelligence) makes him so unpredictable that I feel that gives him an advantage, but you may be right on this one.

Flash or all his Rogues Gallery? The Wally West Flash could kick 99% of all superpowered people's butts on any Universe, but somehow he's mostly never mentioned in the most powerful category.

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showforum=20

There are still way too many variables for the 6 on 6 advantages to be clear. Besides, it looks like everyone's losing their powers anyway.

In regards to Sulu I read an interview with Tim Kring a while back that said we'll find out eventually about ihs power but it won't be for a while.

We already found out, earlier this season, or sometime during last season can't remember. He had "a way with numbers" or something.

Actually, nevermind, I think it was a deleted scene on the Season 2 DVD. Anyways, his power involved him being able to read numbers well, he was reading a newspaper and was able to pull the numbers out into the air, and predict the stock market, hence where his riches came from.

Maybe since it was deleted scene, they've decided to change it, but as far as I'm aware, that's his power.

DC > Everything

Personally I only collect JSA and Legion from DC, of which the former is indeed one of the best books out there. But let's be honest - both companies put out their fair share of crap.

True. I read stuff from both companies. But if I had to choose which one I'd want to survive the apocalypse.. I'd go DC.

Guest Vitamin X

I thought this past week's episode was great, especially the last part drawing the sides between the two teams.

Is anyone else bothered by Arthur yet? Dude is way too powerful. I know that makes him an excellent supervillain, but it's a bit annoying if you want to see any conflict. Oh well.

Also the writer that wrote "Company Man" is a creator of "Pushing Daisies" and he has already gone on record and said that if "Pushing Daisies" does not get picked up for the rest of the season, all they have to do is call and he will go back to "Heroes."

Hopefully they call.

HRG continues to prove why he is the best thing on this show.

I could've done without him channeling Morpheus from The Matrix.

So, what do we call this power shortage? E-Day?

I have to admit, the Daphne thing caught me off guard.

Pretty blah episode. I can't help but laugh whenever I hear Parkman tell Daphne he loves her, still no explanation for why Hiro is ten and why Arthur just didn't straight-up rip off his powers. I don't care about Claire learning self-defense or Nathan and Peter bickering between each other.

Oh and as a Carnivale fan they totally stole Daphne being a cripple from the season two moment when Jonesy reveals to everybody that he was wearing braces before Ben cured him.

Not only that.. but why wouldn't Hiro just go back in time again and prevent Daphne from taking the formula?? Or if not that, have Parkman get Hiro to go back in time to stop Peter from going to Pinehurst and getting his powers taken. This is the problem with a time traveller in the storyline.. there's really no excuse for any of this shit to be happening when someone has a power like that - unless he has his powers taken away or is killed.. neither of which Arthur followed through on. No, instead he makes him a 10 year old. Yeah, that's some great writing.

This show really gets on my fucking nerves.

Dude, I really think you're overeacting on this time travelling thing.

If it were so easy then why don't they just go back in time and kill Arthur and end this whole mess? Why didn't Hiro just go back in time and save Claire in Season One instead of just warning Peter? Nobody complained about that one back then, did they?

Time travelling is a tricky thing and can mess things up more if it isn't done correctly. If it were so easy as you state then everything could be solved in a literal blink of an eye.

This was another fine episode IMO.

I understand that the butterfly effect is a big part of the show in regards to the time travelling aspect.

But that doesn't make what dubq is saying any less true. Arthur, point blank, should have killed Hiro. There's really no excuse. Now that he's absorbed Peter's powers if he offed Hiro that'd make him the only person with that ability to time-travel and for a guy that's been portrayed as an evil mastermind the fact that he let who's likely the only legit threat to him live is completely retarded.

Maybe he needs Hiro for something? That's all I got. Plus Hiro not going back in time has been covered because Hiro said he wouldn't do it anymore to fight someone. Granted he keeps doing it but whatever, they sorta covered it.

And don't evil super-villain masterminds ALWAYS make some kind of mistake that could have been easily handled? Super-villain 101: Screw up you perfect plan by not killing one person.

Pretty blah episode. I can't help but laugh whenever I hear Parkman tell Daphne he loves her, still no explanation for why Hiro is ten and why Arthur just didn't straight-up rip off his powers. I don't care about Claire learning self-defense or Nathan and Peter bickering between each other.

Oh and as a Carnivale fan they totally stole Daphne being a cripple from the season two moment when Jonesy reveals to everybody that he was wearing braces before Ben cured him.

Being a comics guy it's more likely Loeb stole that from Avengers: The Initiative.