TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

TWiB 9/25 - 10/1

As an aside, I will mention I've not been as interested in baseball this year, White Sox fan or not. The coverage of the team here in San Diego has been rather spotty, so it's hard to continue to follow them. Plus, NFL is my strongest sport to follow. Go Bears!

It's true that I've been quiet this year, and this might reflect badly on my fandom of the team

Actually you were the one person I was excluding from my statement

Two people that immediately come to mind are St Gabriel of Mongoloid, and Matt Young, who probably still thinks it's acceptable to root for both the Cubs and the White Sox

Guest Felonies!

I'm not a Twins fan, they're just the team that I'd like to see win it all. Minnesotans are good people.

Guest Felonies!

I guess I could get behind the Dodgers because of Maddux and Nomar, but then if they did win it all I'd just be bitter that they did so right after leaving the Cubs. I can't root for the Cardinals, obv. I don't care for the Mets. I hate the Yankees and the Astros. The Padres are in the Seattle Seahawks tier of irrelevant sports teams. Neifi Perez plays for the Tigers, and quite frankly, I have had just about enough of rooting for a Neifi Perez team, so scratch them.

I guess I could get behind the Dodgers because of Maddux and Nomar, but then if they did win it all I'd just be bitter that they did so right after leaving the Cubs.

s_grace.jpg

Two comments.

Bobby Abreu. This Phillies team is going to win somewhere between 83-86 games. The last five season they won 86, 81, 86, 86 and 88 respectively. The fans got sick of that kind of consistancy and demanded the owners fire Ed Wade. They did, Pat Gillick took over, overhauled the team, and apparently made a tremendous amount of progress. Last year they were two out of the wild card with three to play, and this year they are two out of the wild card with three to play.

Every year some players step up and some falter. The Phillies had enough players step up to account for the absence of Abreu. One player is almost never the difference in a championship club. Ryan Howard has hit 30 home runs and gotten on base over HALF of the time since the All-Star break. Was he moping in the clubhouse the first half because Abreu wasn't hustling? I doubt it. The truth is this team went through hot stretches when Abreu was still on the team, and had bad stretches when he wasn't.

Second, home field advantage. Historically the home team in baseball wins about 52% of the time. It's generally not a significant factor except for extreme ballpark anomalies, such as Coors Field.

Guest NYankees

Houston we have a problem!!! Renteria and Jones both hit homeruns in the bottom of the 8th to make it a 4-1 game.

Houston we have a problem!!! Renteria and Jones both hit homeruns in the bottom of the 8th to make it a 4-1 game.

I knew this was going to happen. Atlanta owned the Stros in the playoffs in the late 90's, and now that the Braves are finally out, they're going to ruin someone's hopes.

Guest NYankees

Houston we have a problem!!!

Boy, that's original. Took you what, 10, 15 minutes to think that up?

Last time I checked this thread was for Baseball and not TROLLING!!! St Louis is breaking the game open against the Brewers. Green just missed a grand slam but gets a sac fly to give the Mets a 4-3 lead over the Nationals. I do like how the Braves fans gave Clemens a standing ovation as he left the game. They really do think he is going to retire.

Reds win, Astros lose. This would be ideal if Milwaukee would beat St. Louis, which is looking less and less likely by the second.

Guest NYankees

Houston we have a problem!!! =

Yeah...that nevergets old. Neither does "Asstros" or "Lastros". Is there no originality anymore?

Do the Astros have any talented young offensive prospects in their system? It is funny to think that Robinson Cano since August 8th when he came back from his injury has almost more Rbi's than the second place person on the Astros has all season.