TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Annabelle

World Series: Tigers vs. Cardinals

Guest Smues

I'm used to a zillion truck ads. During pretty much every commercial break on the Mariner's games on FSN this year they played a Howie Long Ford commercial. MEN WITH LARGE DICKS DRIVE LARGE FORD TRUCKS RAAAAAAAAAAAA.

You're risking our country's life!

The last two years have proven disappointing in the whole "quotable show ad" dep't. The only show they seem to be pushing this postseason is Til Death, but they haven't had any attachable quotes to it, which makes sense since other than the cuteness of the younger wife, I don't know what the show has going for it

Though now that I think about it, we can always associate the LaSorda ads with this postseason

Nothing memorable about '05 though... fitting

Guest Felonies!

So you're tired of being hit over the head with jingoistic heavy-handed clips of recent American history being used to sell trucks. BIG DEAL! TO THE TV!

Guest Smues

Me: Why haven't they cut to a Chevy commercial ye...OH FUCK it's the 7th where's my remote.

Guest Felonies!

Somehow I think the World Series deserves better than the American Idol scrap heap singing a hokey Irving Berlin song, but what do I know?

Guest Princess Leena

I'm surprised FOX doesn't have AMERICAN IDOL COMING IN JANUARY ads on the bottom of the screen.

Guest Felonies!
Have they booked AI rejects to sing GBA for all seven games?

Do you need to ask?

Now here's a truck commercial I can endorse. Nissan using Iron Man. Who doesn't love Iron Man?

Have they booked AI rejects to sing GBA for all seven games?

Do you need to ask?

William Hung is praying this goes all the way

Guest Princess Leena

As long as they put Tits McPhee in for one of the nights, I'm all for it.

Guest Princess Leena

Winning doesn't change the fact that Rogers attacked an innocent man, and still appears to have anger issues.

Only thing I care about is the fact that at some point in Game 3 theres gonna be a special preview of 24 (cause its 8/24..har har)

This at least looks like it could go 6..maybe even 7 games which is always good.

HD makes the spot of stuff on his hand stand out..

Kenny Rogers and Tood Jones both keep their respective streaks of not allowing any runs / loading the bases in the 9th to scare all the Tigers fans.

There was an article in the paper here in Windsor about Kenny Rogers throwing a ball to a kid with a "Kenny Rogers is my Hero" sign the last two games he pitched and how his dad (the VP of a hospital and a lawyer) hoped he could get tickets for this game to keep the streak going. He did, so I can't help but wonder if Rogers gave him a 3rd ball.