TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

700th RAW thread

The Game killer?

With victories over such top names as Ric Flair and Mick Foley, Randy Orton has more than earned the moniker "Legend Killer." This Monday night on RAW, one week after falling to Triple H, Orton tries to become the "Game Killer," as he battles the DX member in one-on-one action. Will Orton finally end The Game? Will Lita, unlike last week, stay out of the action? What role, if any, will Shawn Michaels and Edge play?

K-Fed up

Last Monday night, Kevin Federline a.k.a. K-Fed appeared on Monday Night RAW with his good friends Johnny Nitro and Melina. During his appearance, Federline was involved in a physical confrontation with WWE Champion John Cena which saw the aspiring artist become the recipient of an F-U.

K-Fed was furious with Cena’s actions and the treatment he received during his visit. As a result, he has informed RAW’s Executive Assistant Jonathan Coachman that along with Melina, he will be in Johnny Nitro's corner for his match this Monday on RAW with Cena.

Semi-Finals begin

Maria defeated Torrie Wilson, Victoria and Candice Michelle in a Second Chance All or Nothing Bra and Panties Match last week on RAW to climb into the last semi final spot in the Women’s Championship tournament. The three Divas that join Maria in the semi finals are Lita, Melina and Mickie James. Which of these four will make it one step closer to claiming the vacant Women’s Title?

Can they steal another win?

Cryme Tyme was victorious in their debut as RAW Superstars when the team of Shad and JTG stole a victory against the World Tag Team Champion Spirit Squad in a non-title match. Will Cryme Tyme’s momentum continue this week on RAW?

Where’s the Spirit?

After yet another loss on RAW, the Spirit Squad showed signs of frustration within the ranks. Can the Squad pull it together and work out the kinks they displayed last week?

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/preview/

I saw K-Fed perform his hit song "Let's Smoke Something" on Jay Leno Thursday evening.

If anything, he seems extremely confident on the microphone, which made the song come off much better (It wasn't that bad, a stoner-funk "chill" song if that makes any sense, like Snoop Dog's sound, eons better than that horrible rap song which was leaked on the 'net a year ago).

They need to tease the smarks and announce the following match for next week's Raw:

John Cena Vs. Johnny Nitro & KeviN Federline - Whoever Scores the Pinfall Is the WWE Champion

And then just have Cena squash K-Fed easily while Jim Ross vaguely references "that company down South who did something like this".

Whoever scores the pinfall huh? I am having terrifying flashbacks to David Arquette already.

Thats not actually happen, Federline is just in Nitro's corner.

Tonight, they should really fuck with everyone and set up John Cena vs. Kevin Federline for the WWE Title for next week.

Then have former WCW World Heavyweight Champion David Arquette failing at doing a run-in for K-Fed.

It'd be stupid, but it'd probably get ratings. Cena FUing K-Fed has been all over the national media.

Whoever scores the pinfall huh? I am having terrifying flashbacks to David Arquette already.

Thats not actually happen, Federline is just in Nitro's corner.

He knows. He's talking about this:

They need to tease the smarks and announce the following match for next week's Raw:

John Cena Vs. Johnny Nitro & KeviN Federline - Whoever Scores the Pinfall Is the WWE Champion

alright, whatever :P I just wanted to be Captain Obvious for a day.

Weird thing that I just noticed from that Raw preview...

Raw's Tag Teams have been more...team-like...recently.

Team names, same clothing, team finishers.

I mean:

Spirit Squad

Highlanders

Cryme Tyme.

While on Smackdown, your three major teams are:

Paul London & Brian Kendrick (same outfits, no team name, unkown about finisher)

KC James & Idol Stevens (No team name or same outfits)

William Regal & David Taylor (See James & Stevens)

Just a random observation there.

And that would be an OK sized tag division if they were all on one show, but that's just me.

Guest Big Chris Studd

The K-Fed thing just works. He was the one guy on the planet that could get enough heat with one promo to put Cena over with EVERYONE. Hes just a damn good heel.

Its gonna be an entertaining couple of weeks.

I mean:

Spirit Squad

Highlanders

Cryme Tyme.

Paul London & Brian Kendrick (same outfits, no team name, unkown about finisher)

And that would be an OK sized tag division if they were all on one show, but that's just me.

I believe Stevens/James are the Teacher's Pets.

The problem is developing teams from steretypical minority gimmicks: The Annoying Gay Cheerleaders, The Funny Black Thugs, and The Old-World Beserkers. The crowd is TRAINED to see them as one-dimensional characters. Why would you CARE about the division when it is clear the characters are WRITTEN and do not DEVELOP. Cryme Tyme may unfortunately face this problem soon.

Smackdown!, on the other hand, has tag team matches that BUILD off of the previous encounter, thus leaving the viewers guessing. Plus two of the best workers on the roster have the belts, and are very credible, defending champions.

Smackdown just had a *** 1/2 tag match (after a second viewing) on their last PPV, with Kendrick & London being able to work magic and carry anyone to excellence. In this case, they took the green Stevens & James and used the crowd's dislike of their cocky characters and bitch manager, and used that to help get the crowd behind them. Raw, on the other hand, cares about popping ratings with comedy segments, then throwing the teams to the wolves with PPV matches and poor workrate that turns off both casual and smark fans.

On Smackdown!, you have likeable tag team champions who defend against teams that don't have stupid gimmicks, and just want to hurt people (Pitbulls) or piss off the crowd by beating their favorites and proving themselves (KC & Idol). They do singles bouts and quickie tag matches, then deliver on PPV. You got a, again, this is just my opinion, and I consider myself a VERY critical fan: ** 1/2 match at the Bash and *** 1/2 match at No Mercy, the second best match on that show behind Benoit/Regal.

Is there a way to "fix" the Raw tag divison? Is it really the writers fault?

Would you be able to watch a 7-minute match every week between SINGLE members of teams? Shad Vs. Rory McAllister? Mitch Vs. JTG? I'd say not. Smackdown!, on the other hand, has stars finding their niche in the tag division. 20 minutes of London/Regal? Awesome. 10 minutes of Kendrick Vs. Stevens? Well, it might not be great, but it'd be much better than what Raw produces.

MAKE THE FANS CARE ABOUT THE BABYFACE TEAMS AND HAVE THEM SEEM REAL AND VULNERABLE, AND NOT JUST TRY TO TOP THE PREVIOUS WEEK'S STEREOTYPICAL JOKE.

(Example: Instead of showing "gay" pics of Randy Orton, have Michaels bring up Orton dropping out of the marines. Then have Edge cheer up Orton by reminding him of Michaels' concussion history DUE TO a bunch of marines attacking him. Then attack Michaels and force a concussion injury, which leads to Orton/Edge getting victories. Find a way for DX to regroup, slowly, and build Michaels' spirit back. Leading to the blowoff.)

(Instead, you get "you're gay!" "Your dick is small!" "HHH pins Orton." "Let's fight at the PPV!" What's the PAYOFF FOR THE BABYFACES? Much like Vengeance, SummerSlam, and Unforgiven...NO ONE GIVES A SHIT WHEN THE BABYFACES LOOK STRONG IN THE BUILD-UP AND THEN WIN THE BLOWOFF. Fucking WWE.)

I mean:

Spirit Squad

Highlanders

Cryme Tyme.

I believe Stevens/James are the Teacher's Pets.

That's not their OFFICIAL team name.

How long until the WWE drags in Brittney Spears on this angle?

When they bring Foley back again.

Cause IIRC, he was at one time a fan of hers, and had to make a house-show match quick because he had tickets to her concert.

Think it was Brittney.

Don't feel like looking it up in "Foley Is Good" right now.

How long until the WWE drags in Brittney Spears on this angle?

When they bring Foley back again.

Cause IIRC, he was at one time a fan of hers, and had to make a house-show match quick because he had tickets to her concert.

Think it was Brittney.

Don't feel like looking it up in "Foley Is Good" right now.

Yeah, I remember reading that.

It was originally a running joke with Al Snow (shocker) about them being good friends, and he even dropped a line such as 'I'm going to try and finish this match as fast as I can because I have tickets for Britney in concert, RIGHT HERE, in <wherever>'

(paraphrased)

They called the London Kendrick team "The Houligans" a few times I don't know if that's their team name or not though.

I think K-Fed is only on here because it's Chicago and the last time they were here Cena got shit on......so it's a way to avoid that.

I would pay to see Foley just rip into Federline.

Verbally or physically?

...good question, hmm....I think I would have to go with verbally.

whoops show just started, I won't be back in this thread to late. Enjoy the show...hopefully.

Guest Princess Leena
Picture a white Snoop Dogg.

And you can't be serious.

At least you compared him to one of the three rappers I've heard of in my life.