TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Lance Storm commentary on TNA

As far as all the talk about Russo...Konnan pretty much confirmed, on WOL the other night, that Dutch/Jeff are writing the show right now and Russo's just an idea man.

I know it won't change any minds here but from Alvarez:

Russo is writing. While Jarrett, Dutch and Russo are the actual team, there are a number of people privy to what is going on, and I can tell you as a fact that he is writing. As far as Konnan goes, when WCW was shut down I still had people that had been employed until the last day telling me that it wasn't really shut down, it was just an angle.

Russo is writing. While Jarrett, Dutch and Russo are the actual team, there are a number of people privy to what is going on, and I can tell you as a fact that he is writing. As far as Konnan goes, when WCW was shut down I still had people that had been employed until the last day telling me that it wasn't really shut down, it was just an angle.

If that's true then fine but I would have loved for Alvarez to confront Konnan about that when he was actually on the show.

Hah. Russo was restricted much more in WWF. He had free reign in WCW, that was his "real chance", and he ran the top wrestling company in the world into the ground.

This is the same wrestling company that was on track to lose millions of dollars, 6 months before Russo even signed a contract with them, right?

Hah. Russo was restricted much more in WWF. He had free reign in WCW, that was his "real chance", and he ran the top wrestling company in the world into the ground.

This is the same wrestling company that was on track to lose millions of dollars, 6 months before Russo even signed a contract with them, right?

Whether WCW was going to lose a ton of money or not, it doesn't change the fact that Russo was a disaster in WCW.

Did anyone else listen to the show with Lance? It was great stuff and he made some excellent points.

Whether WCW was going to lose a ton of money or not, it doesn't change the fact that Russo was a disaster in WCW

I'll agree that it was a disaster in the 2nd run but I feel that if he was given full time without any interruptions the result could have been different. But to say that Russo was the one that ran it into the ground, when it was already bleeding money like crazy before he came in, is BS.

Did anyone else listen to the show with Lance? It was great stuff and he made some excellent points.

Didn't listen to the show. What did he say?

I'll agree that it was a disaster in the 2nd run but I feel that if he was given full time without any interruptions the result could have been different. But to say that Russo was the one that ran it into the ground, when it was already bleeding money like crazy before he came in, is BS.

Russo had three months the first time around with total control. It was a disaster from a creative and business standpoint. Seeing as his second run was more of the same, it's highly doubtful that things would have got any better if Russo had been kept in charge. Russo isn't the sole reason WCW sank, but whether his apologists like it or not, he is one of the main reasons. His one-trick style of writing was the exact opposite of what WCW's fans wanted. Not long before Russo came on board WCW commissioned a major survey of their fans, which was conducted by a professional research company, and it asked them what they wanted out of WCW. The results were that WCW's fans wanted less stupid skits and more emphasis on wrestling, which shouldn’t be a surprise because WCW fans were always more wrestling orientated. Unfortunately, the results came in after Russo arrived. He binned them and went in the completely opposite directions that WCW’s own fans wanted.

Russo also basically tried to make WCW into an imitation of WWF at the time (Booker T = Rock, Kronik = APA, etc)...when if people wanted that, they could just flip the channel to RAW, which is what most people did. If Russo tries to do the same with TNA, it's going to bomb badly, once again.

I really hope Russo doesnt fuck this up. Im really big on TNA at the moment and i want to belive that Russo has turned over a new leaf.