TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 11/23 Impact Thread

The problem for me is that I get excited for a certain match up on iMPACT only for it to either 1) be a very short match 2) run-in madness with people who add nothing to the angle. It like writers/bookers/creative/producers etc., are dead set to push the big PPV match but have no idea how to get from Point A to Point B. Another thing that bothers me is that the people in charge push 3 or so storylines on tv then have trouble finding time for the matches on the PPV because they think, hey so and so isn't on this month's PPV let's make a random match at the last second just because.

I'm holding my breath for the arrival of Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas as Team Angle. What would it take to get them over to TNA? What about trading SoCal Val, Robert Roode, A1, Lance Hoyt for them?

Am I the only one who marked out for the return of Tomko? I didn't see that coming AT ALL.

I don't know, Tomko works his best as the bodyguard/straight facial expression man to Christian. If Christian isn't saying anything that Tomko can react too then he'll just be that tall guy who stands behind Christian.

And So Cal Val goes nowhere. Last thing she needs is to be sent to the E and told to get her breasts up to DD cups.

TNA thinks it has the wrestling war won. They've got LAME-o James gang acting like it's 1999 and now theyve got the wrestling audience from 2004 locked up (what a horrible year 2004 was) or as I like to call it the Era of TOMKO.

they've already got Roode as their version of MVP

All they need now is LUTHER REIGNS, and Vince will personally call them to concede defeat, lol.

I'm not sure what the point of bringing in Tomko is. If they wanted a big guy to be a bodyguard type for Christian (which I think is a good idea in itself), why not use someone they already have like A-1 or Hoyt or something?

As for Luther Reigns...I think WWE _way_ underutilized him. Not much of a wrestler, but he can cut a really good promo with the proper motivation. Legitimately looks like he could and would kill someone too.

Reigns was badass, especially his Thanksgiving promo.

Was that the one where he was talking about serving time in prison and getting stabbed and stuff? If so, yeah, that was pretty good.

Guest Canadian Crippler64
All they need now is LUTHER REIGNS, and Vince will personally call them to concede defeat, lol.

WOW...I was just remembering the days of Luther Reigns as Angle's bodyguard on Smackdown...and if memory serves me correctly, Smackdown was better then than it is now.

Who would have thought that anyone would EVER look back at Luther reigns career as "the good old days" What does that say about the current product? :D

Then again, just before Reigns got there were the days that Benoit, Eddie, Chavo, Mysterio, Edge, Angle, Benjamin, Haas and Lesnar were all on Smackdown at once. What I wouldn't give for a roster like that now.

If the ratings are delayed, then it's usually because they're bad. I still haven't seen anyone report what the ratings were for the November 9th Impact.

IIRC, PWInsider put it at 0.8.

The rating was a 0.9, which is pretty good considering it was Thanksgiving.

And now they'll have a built in excuse of NFL football on Thursday nights til the end of the year. Great, a reason not to improve the booking.

And now they'll have a built in excuse of NFL football on Thursday nights til the end of the year. Great, a reason not to improve the booking.

NFL Network isn't available in nearly as many homes as Spike TV, so TNF won't have nearly as big an effect on TNA's ratings as a compelling MNF game has on Raw's. The NFL put games on the network to convince more providers to carry it, but even if that plan works, it won't happen until next season.