TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/30 - 12/2

I've been saying that Georgia Tech will be down next year without Ball, but that's probably not actually that true. I imagine that Reggie Ball is the kind of person who forgets to turn off the coffee maker 50% of the time and will get to his job late every other day.

He was actually having a good enough year to make me optimistic until a couple weeks ago. He had great games against Maryland, Virginia Tech, and Miami to lead them to the division title. I wrote off the Clemson game to him being hurt, and figured he'd lead the Jackets past Louisville in the Orange Bowl and finish the year with the Georgia Tech having a Top 10 ranking.

It wasn't until last week that he just completely reverted to his freshman year play. Watching these last two games, I can't even enjoy them, because I just throw up in my mouth every time one of the Johnsons gets wide open and Ball misses them by five yards.

Guest Princess Leena
Why do you hate Ball so much, Leena? He isn't hurting anyone, isn't going to ever win QB of the year awards, isn't going to get the patented ESPN blowjob. To me he's the average NCAA QB that runs around in a Southern school. A lot of schools have those kinds.

Mostly because he's started every game (or close to it) for 4 years, and has never improved. He's always been terrible.

And why don't we hurry up with these pussy "roughing the QB" rules, and only allow 2 hand touch on them. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah, I hate the roughing the passer rules too, but there was a helmet to helmet call on GT for hitting a Wake Forest running back in the first half that was just as bad so I guess it evened out.

If you're going to take a timeout there, why not challenge the spot of the ball? It looked like he was at least up to the yellow line, and they spotted it almost a full yard short. I mean if you want the timeout anyway, it's worth a shot right?

As is, I think you have to kick the field goal though.

Stanford is completely outplaying Cal so far today. They have 35 plays from scrimmage to Cal's 12 and the Bears have just 33 yards of total offense. What's the score you ask? 3-3. God dammit.

Guest Princess Leena

So, Wake Forest is probably going to the Orange Bowl. Against the Big East winner. This is why sports is so fun.

Guest Princess Leena

Darn, the obvious Ball INT was right there, but he misthrew it too badly.

Guest Princess Leena

Hey, Brad, don't you remember that the clock starts at change of possession?

Punting there was not the right play. At best, GT would get 40 seconds if they get the ball back.

Guest Princess Leena

This UCLA QB stinks. USC should roll.

I think this is the first game Musburger isn't betting on this year.

Oh lord, after that Ga Tech/Wake shitfest I am practically licking my chops hoping that WVU wins tonight. Does anyone not think U of L would destroy Wake by like 30? The Orange Bowl has to be crying right now. They either get a Rutgers/Wake game that would be another 9-6 turd with zero fan interest, or they get U of L nuking Wake 42-10.

"that would be another 9-6 turd"

Back that up. Last time Rutgers played a top team it was one of the games of the year. Stop being such a Louisville homer. If your team won, like they should have, against such a "stinker" like Rutgers that puts up "9-6" scores, you would be in the National Championship. Instead, Louisville choked and Rutgers was the better team. Explain to me how Rutgers DEFEATED Louisville, yet Rutgers/Wake would be 9-6 while Louisville/Wake would "be a nuke" at 42-10. NEWSFLASH: The Big East and ACC are both second-rate conferences. Different teams step up (Rutgers over Louisville, Louisville over WV) or fall flat (Rutgers loses to Cincy, WV last week) all the time.

BTW, go UCLA.

What happens if USC loses and Florida wins by say, 10-15? Can Florida jump over Michigan for #2?

I certainly hope not. Because I wanna see Michigan play Ohio State, since I had to work for the first one and some clown deleted by DVR of it to tape something else.

If UCLA beats USC, that would totally make up for Georgia Tech losing today. I'd love to see the Trojans blow their shot at the title, and UCLA's playing well enough to take it from them.

I can't believe they tried to run that quick pitch again. They already got the TD off of it; no way they get it to work twice.

I don't think it was a bad move. They've got the lead and USC hasn't shown anything all day. Just don't turn it over and make Booty try to beat you himself.