TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/30 - 12/2

That's all you can ask for if you're Rutgers there. They got it into Ray Rice's hands, and he just couldn't hold on to it.

All that for the Sun Bowl.

Actually from what is rumored the Gator Bowl will take West Virginia over Texas, dropping the Longhorns to the Alamo Bowl.

God damnit.

The face on the Rutger coach after the failed conversion was really really depressing.

Planning on how much it costs to move all his shit to Miami? Although if I were him I'd stay at Rutgers and hit them up for a huge contract extension. He's got it good there.

They really lost this game when the receiver couldn't hang on to a sure TD late in the fourth, when they had to settle for a field goal and gave WV a better chance to tie.

But, they fought incredibly hard, and should be proud of themselves. They deserve so much more than the fucking Sun Bowl.

Guest Felonies!
312539787_de711c840a.jpg

That's obviously photoshopped.

Why would West Virginians have teeth?

Guest Felonies!

Rutgers has fallen all the way to the Steve Bowl, which is just played in a guy named Steve's backyard in Rockford, Illinois.

Rutgers has fallen all the way to the Steve Bowl, which is just played in a guy named Steve's backyard in Rockford, Illinois.

At least they get a box lunch and some orange slices for halftime. If they win, it's Baskin Robbins for everyone!

All that for the Sun Bowl.

Actually from what is rumored the Gator Bowl will take West Virginia over Texas, dropping the Longhorns to the Alamo Bowl.

Texas vs Iowa-That's going to be ugly.

The Blue Raiders are headed to Detroit.

Guest Felonies!

At least they get a box lunch and some orange slices for halftime. If they win, it's Baskin Robbins for everyone!

Nah, man, when you're in Rockford/Machesney Park, there's only one place to go:

BEEF-A-ROO.

I'm still just pumped over that game. One of the best games ever, but maybe I'm biased since I obviously am thrilled at the result.

Who is Rutgers going to play in the Texas Bowl anyway? At this point I bet they phone it in and lose to whoever it is.

Who is Rutgers going to play in the Texas Bowl anyway? At this point I bet they phone it in and lose to whoever it is.

Probably Oklahoma State.

Also how many new bowl games are there.

Technically four. There's the tacked on BCS Title Game and then the Texas, PapaJohns.com, and New Mexico Bowl. The Texas Bowl is considered new even though it's played in the same location as the defunct Houston Bowl because it's financed by someone else.

Texas Bowl doesn't have any bids out yet. It's a Big XII bowl tie-in, so probably someone like Kansas State or Texas Tech. Minnesota probably gets one of those two as well. It's the number 6 Big XII team, which is kind of subjective since the middle of the league got kind of bunched up.

This is my final post of the night. As what Kirk Herbstreit said, in determining the number 2 team, if the voter thinks about "not wanting a rematch" or "teams having their shots" they should not vote. The current BCS system says vote the number 1 team in America versus the number 2 team. Meaning irregardless of conference, style points, if they played the number 1 team already. If I hear someone say Florida deserves to play in the National Championship, I want to hear it followed up with justification as to why they are better than Michigan. Michigan not winning their conference is irrelevant since every team is a runner up to OSU in the regular season. I want the voters to look back at the body of work throughout the season also look at Florida and Michigan's lone defeats.

Lastly, I want voters and all of you to consider if Florida lined up against Michigan next week, what would happen?

From the DVDR board...

I still think the USC team must have gang raped a family member of yours the way you act at times.

You can guess who he's talking about...

...that's our Dama!

Ugh.. the fact that Texas went from National Champs to possibly playing in the Alamo Bowl is fucking god-awfully depressing...

Guest Princess Leena

What's wrong with the Texas bowl for Rutgers? They were the 3rd best team in the Big East.

This is my final post of the night. As what Kirk Herbstreit said, in determining the number 2 team, if the voter thinks about "not wanting a rematch" or "teams having their shots" they should not vote. The current BCS system says vote the number 1 team in America versus the number 2 team.

How does Michigan prove they are the second-best team in the country? Because they lost a close game to the best team in the country? Florida defeated four top-15 schools this season. What seperates either of them from each other?

The tie-breaker for me is simply this: I don't want to see a rematch.