TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 11/30 - 12/2

To be fair, Florida had a lot of injuries tonight, so if they played next week, Michigan probably would win. However, it doesn't make them any better than Florida.

Michigan would probably would win yet lose 31-14?....just using your quotes

You're so stupid you don't know when someone's being sarcastic, aren't you?

Either you are saying Michigan would lose to Florida by 17 on a neutral site or Michigan would beat Florida yet isn't the second best team. Who is the stupid one?

Ok let me explain it since you REALLY are not getting it. The first post, where I predicted Florida 31, Michigan 14, was made in sarcasm. I then went on to answer it honestly, seeing that Florida is banged up like hell while Michigan has had two weeks break, and said that Michigan probably would win. However, due to that circumstance (Michigan being off and Florida having just played a tough game), it isn't the best indicator of who was better. Now, pit Florida with 4 weeks break against Michigan with 4 weeks break, and you will truly see who's better.

Really, if we're going to have those people run around and people keep bringing up Damaramu, just bring him back. He at least supported his arguments with statistics, even though his USC hate was off the charts.

"Why not? Michigan already lost to Ohio State. Let Florida have their chance."

"Maybe this will give Florida the title game nod on virtue of this being an entertaining game (should Florida win)."

"Ohio State must be laughing at all the prospective candidates for the title game, including Michigan. This looks like an easy title for Ohio State."

supporting arguments with facts? looks like someone has a dislike for Michigan

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Cannon fodder just the same. At least Florida massacred their weenie local matchup.

The logic is screwed up any way you look at it.Michigan's probably the second best team out there, but Ohio State already beat them. If they play again, either OSU will win again, or Michigan wins, splitting them 1-1, not winning their conference, and somehow winning the national championship? That's whack.

Florida loss to a lesser team than what Michigan did, and have had a couple other close ones, but they won the friggin' SEC.

No its not, western carolina is a 2-9 1-AA team. I guess Michigan should have scheduled Grand Valley State and blew them out so we would be 12-1 too.

and even you are saying Michigan is the second best team......so whats the discussion?

These are my discussion points:

1. The BCS is a flawed and arbitrary system

2. Michigan, best case scenario, can only split with a team they already lost to, and thus are not an undisputed champion.

what if Auburn was undefeated and number 1 and Michigan and Florida both had 1 loss seasons as currently......would you then support Michigan in the championship game?

Provided Michigan won the Big Ten, you bet. I don't see how a team that couldn't even win their conference can play for the national championship.

If Florida had a second loss, I could go with Michigan, but seeing as how they have the same record, and Florida won the SEC, Michigan shouldn't get the nat'l championship rematch.

Cannon fodder just the same. At least Florida massacred their weenie local matchup.

The logic is screwed up any way you look at it.Michigan's probably the second best team out there, but Ohio State already beat them. If they play again, either OSU will win again, or Michigan wins, splitting them 1-1, not winning their conference, and somehow winning the national championship? That's whack.

Florida loss to a lesser team than what Michigan did, and have had a couple other close ones, but they won the friggin' SEC.

No its not, western carolina is a 2-9 1-AA team. I guess Michigan should have scheduled Grand Valley State and blew them out so we would be 12-1 too.

and even you are saying Michigan is the second best team......so whats the discussion?

These are my discussion points:

1. The BCS is a flawed and arbitrary system

2. Michigan, best case scenario, can only split with a team they already lost to, and thus are not an undisputed champion.

what if Auburn was undefeated and number 1 and Michigan and Florida both had 1 loss seasons as currently......would you then support Michigan in the championship game?

Provided Michigan won the Big Ten, you bet. I don't see how a team that couldn't even win their conference can play for the national championship.

If Florida had a second loss, I could go with Michigan, but seeing as how they have the same record, and Florida won the SEC, Michigan shouldn't get the nat'l championship rematch.

A. That rule isnt in effect for the BCS as of today

B.If that rule becomes in effect next year, be ready to see 2 loss teams in the championship and more split championships

C. Should Notre Dame ever be considered for a title?

Florida's 12-1 on the season but aesthetically they are the drizzling shits. Beating Vandy by 6, UGA and FSU by 7 (when both are way down) are dubious wins....yet they did beat LSU and Tennessee, etc.

Those who pose the question "Who would win between Florida and Michigan?" are missing the point. It doesn't matter. If the game is in Gainesville, I'd take FL. If it's in Ann Arbor, I'd take Michigan. Neutral site, I have no idea. Frankly I don't think FL is all that much but I'd grudgingly have to say let them in the title game. 12-1 and SEC champ is a better resume than 11-1 and tied for 2nd in the Big 10 with a tiebreaker over Wisconsin. Besides, one of my pet peeves is seeing a Rose Bowl that isn't even Big 10 vs. Pac 10. Michigan/USC is the game I'd prefer there, rather than some bizarre crap with LSU going to Pasadena. Conversely, if Michigan/USC happens then LSU can stay in state for the Sugar Bowl and maim ND.

I'll take it a step further. We know FL can beat LSU, but do we know they can beat U of L? Could FL beat Boise (probably, but I doubt they'd wanna venture to the blue turf)?

What I'd like to see is the playoff, but if we can't have that why not a more feasible system of ranking teams? For instance, I've ranted on LSU being entirely too high in the BCS considering the 2 losses and technically finishing 3rd in the SEC west. I think teams that finish ahead of someone should automatically be given considerations over another team (in this case Arkansas and Auburn both should be BCS over LSU).

Once again, I apologize on behalf of U of L for us losing to Rutgers. If we don't blow it in the 2nd half, there's no controversy.

To be fair, Florida had a lot of injuries tonight, so if they played next week, Michigan probably would win. However, it doesn't make them any better than Florida.

Michigan would probably would win yet lose 31-14?....just using your quotes

You're so stupid you don't know when someone's being sarcastic, aren't you?

Either you are saying Michigan would lose to Florida by 17 on a neutral site or Michigan would beat Florida yet isn't the second best team. Who is the stupid one?

Ok let me explain it since you REALLY are not getting it. The first post, where I predicted Florida 31, Michigan 14, was made in sarcasm. I then went on to answer it honestly, seeing that Florida is banged up like hell while Michigan has had two weeks break, and said that Michigan probably would win. However, due to that circumstance (Michigan being off and Florida having just played a tough game), it isn't the best indicator of who was better. Now, pit Florida with 4 weeks break against Michigan with 4 weeks break, and you will truly see who's better.

Really, if we're going to have those people run around and people keep bringing up Damaramu, just bring him back. He at least supported his arguments with statistics, even though his USC hate was off the charts.

"Why not? Michigan already lost to Ohio State. Let Florida have their chance."

"Maybe this will give Florida the title game nod on virtue of this being an entertaining game (should Florida win)."

"Ohio State must be laughing at all the prospective candidates for the title game, including Michigan. This looks like an easy title for Ohio State."

supporting arguments with facts? looks like someone has a dislike for Michigan

Ok.

First statement is true, is it not? Michigan did lose to Ohio State, did they not? Florida hasn't lost to Ohio State, have they? So an argument can be made that Florida deserves a shot.

Second statement is personal opinion. Florida had an entertaining game. I like entertaining games.

Third statement is a broad generalization. I did not single Michigan out. Whoever they put in front of Ohio State, that statement applied to. Did you not read "ALL THE PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES"?

It is not my job to provide statistics. My team is out of it now. It's up to Florida and Michigan fans to convince everyone else who deserves the shot. You... failed at this point so far.

With Florida and Michigan, there's nothing that you can point at and make a case that one team is better than the other. They're both equally deserving.

With SC, you had the good non-conference schedule, but with both of these teams, they had scheduled one big name opponent, some middle of the road mid-majors (Vanderbilt falls here), and a shitty team.

Guest Princess Leena

I wonder how Fox will make the BCS even more hated than it was before.

It's FOX. They have already assigned Long and Bradshaw for a game. How does a network that airs zero games aside from regional action for FSN get to air the majority of the BCS games? The least they could have done was air some games over the season instead of using the NFL package and transplanted commentators.

With Florida and Michigan, there's nothing that you can point at and make a case that one team is better than the other. They're both equally deserving.

Wins over still-ranked teams: Florida 3, Michigan 2.

Wins over teams with winning records: Florida 7, Michigan 4.

Wins over teams going to bowls: Florida 9, Michigan 6.

That doesn't make a case for Florida being more deserving of the #2 ranking? All Michigan has is that they lost to a better team than Florida lost to, which to me isn't enough to say that they should play for the national championship over a team that achieved more in nearly every relevant category.

As someone who is against seeing Michigan in the Title Game, I'll be damned if I take on that argument.

One last comment, in accordance to that. USC was going to go in, had they not lost to UCLA, and they lost to a worse team than either Michigan or Florida. So the whole "WELL MICHIGAN LOST TO A BETTER TEAM!" argument doesn't hold much water.

I love the BCS. Seriously, this argument every year is so much fun! If you had a playoff, you wouldn't have all this drama, and there'd be so much less to talk about. Long live the BCS!

I hope we get OSU/Florida and Michigan/USC. I think Michigan is a better team than Florida, but those matchups would make for more entertaining games.

Guest Princess Leena

It's FOX. They have already assigned Long and Bradshaw for a game. How does a network that airs zero games aside from regional action for FSN get to air the majority of the BCS games? The least they could have done was air some games over the season instead of using the NFL package and transplanted commentators.

Well, that's a given.

I'll say they find a way to get even worse truck commercials.

Well, that's a given.

I'll say they find a way to get even worse truck commercials.

Prepare for a deluge of "evil" Toyota ad's, what with their upcoming incursion into the all-american NASCAR empire.

So play more games?

playing 12 isnt enough?....I just wonder if USC have won....would Florida have leapfrogged us still? just a thought

So Florida moves to #2 in the Coaches and AP. Unless the Harris poll and the computers leave them at four or move Michigan up to two, it's looking like USC/Michigan and Florida/OSU.

The Harris Poll release is being delayed until Fox's selection show so doesn't look like we'll get any leaked BCS rankings like the last few weeks.

Updated.

Poinsettia: TCU vs. Northern Illinois

Las Vegas: BYU vs. Oregon

New Orelans: Troy vs. Rice

Armed Forces: Tulsa vs. Utah

PapaJohns.com: East Carolina vs. South Florida

New Mexico: New Mexico vs. San Jose State

Hawaii: Hawaii vs. Arizona State

Motor City: Central Michigan vs. Middle Tennessee

Emerald: UCLA vs. Florida State

Holiday: California vs. Texas A&M

Independence: Alabama vs. Oklahoma State

Texas: Rutgers vs. Kansas State

Champs Sports: Purdue vs. Maryland

Insight: Minnesota vs. Texas Tech

Liberty: Houston vs. South Carolina

Music City: Clemson vs. Kentucky

Sun: Oregon State vs. Missouri

Alamo: Iowa vs. Texas

Chick-fil-A: Virginia Tech vs. Georgia

Meineke Car Care: Navy vs. Boston College

MPC Computers: Nevada vs. Miami

Cotton: Nebraska vs. Auburn

Gator: West Virginia vs. Georgia Tech

Outback: Penn State vs. Tennessee

Capital One: Wisconsin vs. Arkansas

International: Western Michigan vs. Cincinnati

GMAC: Southern Miss vs. Ohio

BCS: Ohio State vs. Florida

Rose: USC vs. Michigan

Sugar: LSU vs. Notre Dame

Orange: Wake Forest vs. Louisville

Fiesta: Oklahoma vs. Boise State

This is ridiculous. Michigan won every game they were supposed to win this year (you're not supposed to win at the home stadium of the #1 team in the country), and even with less chances, they picked up a better win than Florida did all year (47-21 at Notre Dame).

Yes, Florida played more bowl teams and played in a tougher conference, but I think Michigan would had a lot better chance of going 13-0 with Florida's schedule than Florida would of going 12-0 with Michigan's slate.

This is ridiculous. Michigan won every game they were supposed to win this year (you're not supposed to win at the home stadium of the #1 team in the country), and even with less chances, they picked up a better win than Florida did all year (47-21 at Notre Dame).

Yes, Florida played more bowl teams and played in a tougher conference, but I think Michigan would had a lot better chance of going 13-0 with Florida's schedule than Florida would of going 12-0 with Michigan's slate.

Yes if you want to be granted a title shot, you ARE supposed to win on the road against #1 Ohio State. Jesus, the way some fans act like they are obligated, when they lose a game, is sickening.

Guest Princess Leena

I'm stunned Florida moved up that far in the polls. Methinks word got around that we better not screw the SEC AGAIN.

Edit: This is also the perfect scenario that proves computers maybe ARE the way to go. Florida isn't being bumped ahead of Michigan because they're better.

The more I see of that picture of Tressel, the more I think he looks like a cross between Bob Newhart and Milton from Office Space.

Hard to believe that guy might be winning his second national championship.

God, this coaches poll makes me so mad. Florida picks up their second or third best win of the year and leaps up 66 points in the coaches poll in relation to Michigan. 66 points! How could that one Arkansas game make such a big difference.

You know what it was? These assholes hadn't really analyzed the situation themselves all year, so they listened to the CBS announcing crew for the SEC Title game, listened to Urban Meyer, and decided that their arguments were good enough to let the Gators take it. Or, even worse, decided that Florida/Ohio State would be a "more fun game" and destroyed the integrity of the polls to that effect. God, this is such bullshit.