TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Amazing Rando

PROMO - Rated E For Everyone

...and DC for Double Champion...

Orlando, Florida. Walt Disney World. A few hours before, Alan had been a part of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade, but now he sits on his balcony of the Grand Floridian Resort. His two championship titles are laying across his shoulders as he sips champagne from a glass. Next to him, Walter Reynolds sits with the rest of the bottle, his back resting against the wall. Both men seem to have been through hell on an evening that should have been full of celebration after a long and hard few weeks of work.

"Were you expecting any of that?" Walter finally breaks the silence before taking a large swig from his bottle.

"They were just upset that I wasn't Donald Duck." The fans along the parade route had been vicious, loudly booing and jeering Alan as he waved and smiled down upon what was once his biggest fans. "This is supposed to be the Year of a Million Dreams, isn't it? Can't Alan Clark have a dream, too? It might not be a cruise or a night in Cinderella Castle, as lovely as that would be - but I have my dreams."

"The bosses weren't too pleased about the blood, but they knew it was a possibility."

"I had it all over my face. Just because Ka-whatsits and Cross were in the way of me cleaning off my face is not my problem. And even if it was my problem, you'll never see me throw away victory, especially after the way Joseph Peters tried to make a fool of me last week." It seems that maybe Alan has had more champagne than the camera has caught. "They wanted me, they got me. 2007 is going to be a great year, Walt."

"Walter, please."

"Yeah, yeah, sorry."

"I heard from Peters on Saturday night. He called to congratulate you, but you were at the parade. You have a bullseye on your head, sir. Wildchild is the number one contender to the Cruiserweight Championship, and you know Akira is going to have a rematch sometime, and I'll bet Michael Cross isn't happy at all. Did you think about any of that?" Walter looks up to Clark, who has his empty glass out for a refill.

"January has never been my month." Clark concedes, "but like I said, this is going to be a great year. I can tell. So to anyone out there who is listening - I put forth my New Years Resolution on this night! Stand up, Walter! Come on!"

Alan stands, and Walter follows suit, groaning as he pulls his body up. With his bodyguard by his side, Alan jumps on the balcony edge, hanging over the railing as though he is riding the front of the Titanic. The camera catches his silhouette through the dimly lit darkness and Bay Lake behind him.

"This year is going to be Alan Clark's year! I might not have friends!" Walter coughs. "I might not have the fans behind me as they used to be! I might not have the respect I deserve! But there is one thing that I have that nobody else in the entire SWF has, and my resolution is to make sure that every night when I go out through that curtain that whomever is waiting for me in that ring is going to look into my eyes and see exactly what they are missing..."

Walter seems taken aback, and almost falls backwards as Alan jumps from his position on the railing and right into the camera, his eyes the only thing in view....

"Do you see it...do you see what you all are missing? The Magic."

Alan laughs, and as the camera backs away the trademark smirk of the Happiest Guy On Earth comes into view.

"So, the SWF in 2007...I guess the one thing you won't be having...is a magical day."

...d-i-s...n-e-y...c-l-a-r-k....

Fade.

Sign in to follow this