TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in College Football 1/1 - 1/7

Guest Irish Lion

I love that line by Pete Carroll as he came onto the field. Haha.

"Coach are your players going to be disappointed when they thought they would be in the national title game?"

"We didn't earn it so we didn't worry about it." then he said a little lower and quickly "the media keeps wanting to say that"

I love it when someone in the media tries to create controversy with questions like that(she asked another one that was pretty dumb too) and the coach just shuts them down without being a dick about it. It just makes the stupid questions look worse IMO when the coach doesn't freak out and handles it like Pete did.

That was also kind of funny. The pre-game crew pointed out that both these teams were chasing Vince Young around the last time they were in the Rose Bowl.

Guest Irish Lion
Bowl games & regular season play doesn't matter. ESPN talks about the SEC the most and that is the ultimate barometer. They have experts over there.

Haha. It does seem that way doesn't it? They just talk about them the most and say it so many times that it must be true. Why do they say it though? I won't deny that the SEC is the best at times and usually #2 if they're not #1 but why do they act like they're undeniably the best every year no matter what?

Watching the game now...

Defensive struggle isn't exactly what I was expecting with these two offenses out there.

Guest Irish Lion
What happened to all those USC/Michigan fanboys that never shut up 6 weeks ago about this game and now that it's here...nowhere to be found.

Maybe they're watching the game or having a watch party?

Watching the game now...

Defensive struggle isn't exactly what I was expecting with these two offenses out there.

Yeah, not quite. It looks like the offenses are going to do fairly well between the 30s, then get stuck. A field position battle? That's unpossible!

Guest Irish Lion

It's almost as if Michigan went from being the #2 team to the 7-5 team they were last year. Ah well it's because USC's so good.

I think I buy that story about Booty being hurt. The Michigan coaches figured he was hurt and that's why he couldn't move the pocket towards the end of the season. Now he's had time to heal up and it shows b/c he's not giving them an easy target.

On the bright side for me...

Michigan losing means LSU can slide up as high as #2 if Florida loses to Ohio State and LSU kills ND.

Can't wait for Florida to play OSU close or even outright win and render all those "Michigan deserves the re-match" nuts wrong.

Doesn't this happen almost every season? Some team and its fanbase insist it got screwed out of the title game and end up getting beat down in the bowl game?

Seeing Michigan getting handled a little with a quarter to go makes the Tennessee loss earlier not so bad. Maybe Big Blue will finally shut up about the INJUSTICE~ dealt to them.

Well I was going to wait but yes if Michigan loses this game it effectively kills any rematch argument. They flat out didn't deserve one and they're proving it today.

That being said this game isn't over yet. If Michigan can score a touchdown and get a two point conversion on this drive they are right back in it.

Can't wait for Florida to play OSU close or even outright win and render all those "Michigan deserves the re-match" nuts wrong.

Doesn't this happen almost every season? Some team and its fanbase insist it got screwed out of the title game and end up getting beat down in the bowl game?

Let's see...

Cal getting "screwed" out of the Rose Bowl and then losing the Holiday Bowl while Texas wins the Rose Bowl.

Check.

Kansas State getting "screwed" out of a Coalition bowl and then losing the Holiday Bowl.

Check.

The only exception to this is Auburn, who won the Sugar Bowl to finish 12-0 the year that USC and Oklahoma played for the title in the Orange Bowl.

USC puts up another 6, but blows ANOTHER PAT.

Michigan can still pull back into this with just 2 TDs and extra points, no more 2-point attempts.

Yikes another missed extra point leaves still a slim opening for Michigan.

Ya that should have been taunting on Jarrett, at least under the strict rules of college football although in the bowls I've noticed the refs are letting more things go.

That kicker will be picked up by the Bengals in the 2nd round of the draft. After they select their first round pick depending on who can get out of their parole meeting first.

Jarrett's got a world of talent but that kid's really acting like an asshole of the first degree. I'm sure it won't matter to NFL teams but he really makes it hard to root for him.

Depends on the team that has the opportunity to draft him...

Someone gunshy of assholes like TO, Me-shawn, and Randy Moss, like Philly, wouldn't want him.

Jarrett's got a world of talent but that kid's really acting like an asshole of the first degree. I'm sure it won't matter to NFL teams but he really makes it hard to root for him.

Someone gunshy of assholes like TO, Me-shawn, and Randy Moss, like Philly, wouldn't want him.

ME-Shawn has kept his mouth shut with Carolina, which surprises me. Unless he did and no one noticed over STEVE SMITH STEVE SMITH STEVE SMITH.

ME-Shawn has kept his mouth shut with Carolina, which surprises me. Unless he did and no one noticed over STEVE SMITH STEVE SMITH STEVE SMITH.

I mentioned him out of the habits he had in New York, Tampa, and Dallas.

He HAS been an asset rather than a liability in Carolina, though.

I never did understand "Smurf turf" since that blue isn't the same color of smurfs, and they finally called em out on that.

Anyway, not that Im gonna watch most of the game (maybe the tail end after RAW) but Boise St.'s gonna get shallacked by Oklahoma.