TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wyld Cannon

1/4/07 NJPW - Wrestle Kingdom results

All results credited to Stuart at Strong Style Spirit (www.puroresufan.com)

NJPW "WRESTLE KINGDOM IN TOKYO DOME", 1/4/07 (WPW/PPV)

Tokyo Dome

1. WELCOME TO TOKYO DOME! New Year Funny Waltz: Masanobu Fuchi , El Samurai & Ryusuke Taguchi beat Kikutaro, Nobutaka Araya & Akira Raijin () when Taguchi used the Dodon on Kikutaro.

2. Artistic Tag Team Battle: Jado & Gedo beat NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA (13:06) when Gedo used a Superfly splash on NOSAWA.

3. Rockin' Your Hearts of Fxxxing Outlaws: Togi Makabe, Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii beat D-Lo Brown , Buchanan & Travis Tomko () when Makabe used a lariat on Buchanan.

4. Dimension Zero: TARU, Suwama , RO'Z & Giant Bernard beat Riki Choshu, Manabu Nakanishi, Takashi Iizuka & Naofumi Yamamoto (15:36) when Suwama used a backdrop hold on Yamamoto.

5. Top of the World ~ Arts of War: Koji Kanemoto, Tiger Mask, Kaz Hayashi , TAKA Michinoku & Wataru Inoue beat Jushin Thunder Liger, Minoru, Milano Collection AT, Shuji Kondo & "brother" YASSHI (13:01) when Tiger used a Tiger suplex hold on YASSHI.

6. Dangerous Rapture: Toshiaki Kawada beat Shinsuke Nakamura (19:02) with a face kick.

7. Triple Crown: Minoru Suzuki © beat Yuji Nagata by TKO (2nd defense).

8. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi © beat Taiyo Kea with the High Fly Flow (3rd defense).

9. Super Dream Tag Match ~ "This is Wrestle Kingdom": Keiji Muto & Masahiro Chono beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima when Chono used an STF on Tenzan.

Nothing surprising whatsoever. The only thing I was looking forward to was Nagata winning the Triple Crown and he loses by TKO. I was also somewhat hoping Nakamura could get that big win over Kawada but alas, hopes dashed again.

Any word on how the Nakamura vs Kawada match went? I didn't expect Nakamura to win, but I did expect Kawada to make him look like a guy that was on his level. He really has no other mission in that match than to take Nakamura's star up a notch.

Main event finish makes me sick. What's the point of The Musketeers going over?

Any word on how the Nakamura vs Kawada match went? I didn't expect Nakamura to win, but I did expect Kawada to make him look like a guy that was on his level. He really has no other mission in that match than to take Nakamura's star up a notch.

Main event finish makes me sick. What's the point of The Musketeers going over?

Stuart said it was pretty back and forth, from his report it looked like the finish came out of nowhere though. I know Kawada hasn't used the Spirit Bomb in forever but it would have been nice to have Nakamura kick out out of the Soccer Kick that Kawada wins every match with.

I assume Chono and Muto won so they could do the Hashimoto tribute at the end. However, this made Kawada look like shit since Tenkoji just beat Muto and Kawada, but Muto and Chono double submits Tenkoji?!

EDIT: Turns out Nakamura did kick out of the Spirit Bomb, and the ending was pretty sweet.