TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

College Basketball 06/07

Guest Queen Leelee
What's happened to the MAC.

Tired of the committee fucking them over. Why be good.

These are honestly the worst conf. tourneys ever. I've never seen something worse, with literally every team in every league being upset and leading to horrendous semis and finals that zero people care about. This is honestly the first year where there are no games over the weekend that will be worth a shit. Usually I'm insanely stoked about the weekend of Selection Sunday and am glued to the TV for all the games. This year? Fuck it, I'm going to see 300.

The Big East tournament's been good this year. Georgetown really impressed me. But yeah, the rest of em' I couldn't care less about. North Carolina SHOULD roll to the ACC title.

USC's going to win the conference tourney tomorrow.

Everyone should watch the final, at 3 PST on CBS. Acclimate yourself with a team that will get to the Sweet 16.

There are plenty of interesting conference tourney finals, as long as you like rooting for the underdog that would have no chance in hell of getting in the Big Dance anyway. That's what March Madness is about, and if you don't like it, you shouldn't even watch the first round.

USC did beat Oregon in both head to head matchups this year but if the Ducks keep shooting like they have been its going to be a helluva game.

Guest Eagle Man

Poster Tournament has been more compelling than Conference Tournament. Bob Barron is gonna upset Slayer!

Yeah the Big East tourney has actually been the best tourney, but I was just bitter after the U of L game last night.

I will now save everyone the trouble of watching the majority of these shit games today:

Memphis will squash Houston for the C-USA title. UNC should beat BC in a sorta decent matchup, while VT should advance as well. OSU and Wisconsin whould both win and set up the Big 10 final. Florida should kill Ole Miss, while it doesn't even matter who wins Ark/Miss St. Hopefully both Texas and Kansas win to set up a decent Big 12 final. As far as the Big East title game, I could care less at this point.

So, wait let me get this straight. You mean the favorites are more likely to win than the underdogs? Wow, thanks a million cabbageboy. You sure opened our eyes. I'm going to take this newfound knowledge and put all my money into sports bets.

This Albany-Vermont game is going to be the stuff of conference tournament lore. If it wasn't Albany and Vermont, I mean.

Yeah, Albany-Vermont was fun.

A little over halfway thru the OSU-Purdue semi and the Boilermakers are tied with the number one. A win would seal their bid in the big tournament, a competitive loss cant hurt.

KSU won't get the win here but if they can knock the margin of victory down within 4-6 pts, that'll greatly help their chances. In fact, I might not call it over just yet.

Drexel, Old Dominion & Missouri State can't be thrilled with the runs OK State & Arkansas are making. That and the previously mentioned Xavier & Nevada losses.

Durant is sick, like we didn't already know.

I wasn't trying to make accurate predictions with that paragraph earlier. I was mostly making a comment on how yawn worthy these games are today. When the best game is Albany vs. Vermont, that's a sad commentary.

As far as Arkansas goes, who cares? They are obviously getting wasted by 20 tomorrow so it's not like they'll be stealing a bid. Some jobber has to be there for Florida to squash. If it had been UK it might at least be an interesting squash. But this? Bah. Isn't it nice for EVERY decent SEC team to roll over and play dead and leave the semis with Florida and 3 western division scrubs that aren't even on the bubble?

OK St. might play their way back in though if they can make the finals of the Big 12 and fare pretty well against Kansas.

UNLV-BYU game is pretty good. I missed the first five minutes because I didn't know it was on VS.

Miami (OH)-Akron is like a bowling shoe as JR would say. I'll root for Miami here in the last four minutes since we have Miami posters on here.

I'm rooting for Miami. The more of these shitty teams that get in, the better our seeding.

Guest Queen Leelee

USC will be seeded much higher than Akron, who'd be at best a 13.

I lost my voice during the final minute of that game. Incredible. Just incredible. We're getting blown out in the first round as a 15 seed but man, that was insane.

Great, another clock constroversy. Just give MOH the damn win, will ya!

Regardless of how the clock thing turns out, that was just a nerve racking 2 hours right there.

Akron is not getting an at-large.

By my retarded criteria, they should.

25 wins. I can tell from last season that the selection committee does not give a shit about RPI and SOS.

Akron is not getting an at-large.

By my retarded criteria, they should.

25 wins. I can tell from last season that the selection committee does not give a shit about RPI and SOS.

They played a shitty MAC and beat no one in the season. Beat a bunch of joke teams as well, including a pair of DII schools.

Akron's on the bottom of the bubble list.

Akron didn't play a single team in the RPI Top 50 all year and didnt play a single non-conference game against anyone in the RPI Top 100. That's how you get 25 wins.

Guest Queen Leelee

Plus, the committee has a history of screwing over MAC teams. This Akron is nowhere near as good as prior MAC teams earlier this decade.

Akron didn't play a single team in the RPI Top 50 all year and didnt play a single non-conference game against anyone in the RPI Top 100. That's how you get 25 wins.

By comparison, MOH played a harder schedule against teams like Wright St, Xavier, Michigan, Illinois and UK. If Akron played those teams, they'd be 19 wins.