TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Tiger

Stabbing Angle

Guest Black Tiger

I've heard stories about FMW running an angle where Jose Gonzales stabbed Atsushi Onita ala Bruiser Brody.

Did this angle really happen, if it did happen, was Onita trying to piss on Brody's grave?

Guest The Son of Sting

Yes it did happen. Onita went to Puerto Rico and reprised the scene of Brody's death with Gonzalez. Gonzalez "stabbed" Onita in the chest, Onita did a blade job on his chest for magazine pictures. Onita wanted a match where the fans could get rid of there hatred and also make himself a hero by putting away the man that killed Brody. Everyone found the angle sick and if Onita went ahead with match, it proberly would have killed the company. Onita's rep would have been destroyed for making money out of Brody's death.

The angle was dropped and never talked about.

Guest Vyce

You know, every time I think I've seen just about everything disgusting in this business, something new surprises me.

That's just about the sickest thing I ever heard.  Making money off of Brody's murder.  I had no idea that Onita was THAT much of a scumbag.

Guest J*ingus

I heard one version were Onita secretly planned to actually KILL Jose in the ring.  Who knows what the actual scheme was, as none of it came to pass.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

I never learned....why exactly did he stab Brody?

Guest Black Tiger

Brody had a habbit of burning promoters and refusing to job. Brody never signed with a big name promotion so he would have the leverage he needed to demand more money and veto jobs.

Gonzalez was the booker for WWC and Brody probably did his usual bit of not jobbing or demanding more money and Gonzalez took matters into his own hands.

Ironicly there is a shoot interview with Brody filmed a few days before he was killed. Brody goes into detail about how he planned to market himself as the only guy Hogan never beat. Brody felt this would have made McMahon want to sign him for the sole purpose of jobbing him to Hogan and Brody could make top dollar for it.

Guest PlatypusFool

Wow, that's actually quite clever. Brody must have been fairly intelligent despite his look, gimmick and general demeanor.

Guest Black Tiger

Despite his looks Brody was a very intellligent man. He had several advanced degrees and used to tour the country giving lectures at various Universities.