Sign in to follow this  
BUTT

Joy Division vs New Order

HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Give an answer

• I judge a band's quality by their INFLUENCE, so Joy Division
    • I listen to music with my ears, so New Order

Joy Division +1. I like New Order as a singles band and can listen to their greatest hits CDs, but I find myself getting distracted by their proper albums. Joy Division is great; I have no problem listening to "Unknown Pleasures" or "Closer" all the way through. My preference of Joy Division might be enhanced slightly by the saga of Ian Curtis (knowing how everything turned out, it certainly makes listening to songs like "Isolation" or "Shadowplay" or "New Dawn Fades" or "Heart and Soul" more visceral and powerful), but still, musically speaking, I just prefer Joy Division, and I like Ian Curtis's voice-very powerful.

Are there any good recommendations? I have Closer and I like it, but I wanna look for some more Joy Division. Thoughts?

Also, what are other good New Order singles? I've heard the usual like Bizarre Love Triangle, and I love Regret and Ceremony, but any others?

Are there any good recommendations? I have Closer and I like it, but I wanna look for some more Joy Division. Thoughts?

"Unknown Pleasures" is a fantastic album that I actually prefer over "Closer." Strongest highlights are: "Disorder"(one of teh all time great album openers) "New Dawn Fades" "She's Lost Control" and "Shadowplay."

For singles, you can't go wrong with "Love Will Tear Us Apart."

One point in Joy Division's favor...I saw a recent live performance of New Order on VH1 Classic (one of those British awards shows or somethign) where they did "Love Will Tear Us Apart", and it was rather lame.