TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
super_tigris

Promo: Losing

“Don’t worry about it,” remarks one of the crew members in the back passing by a seated Akira Kaibatsu, looking to shake loose some ends which remained untied after a difficult loss in the annual Clusterfuck on Sunday. Akira merely grimaces, managing to pick his head up only slightly as the crew member waltzes past him busily. Nonetheless, the Devine Wind continues to bind his forearms with black tape before he pauses.

“Feeling blue,” sarcastically questions an unseen voice. The camera pulls back and reveals the lanky stature of one Mike Cross, looking down at his former tag team partner with a villainous smile. “Feeling blue,” he questions again, his comment again shrugged off by the Japanese cruiserweight, “Maybe you just can’t win like you’d hoped you’d be able to…yeah, that’s it.” Once again Akira manages a glance as he lazily lifts his head, relapsing back to the tape.

“It’s all up here,” the comment met with a hollow sound of ‘Iron’ Mike’s knuckle tapping the forehead of the Devine Wind, “It’s all in your head, wittle Akira.” Almost immediately the Devine Wind lifts to his feet methodically – like a machine – meeting his former partner face to face. ‘Iron’ Mike manages a smile before Akira presses his index finger firmly to his chest and nudges him back.

“What you know of losing,” demands the foreigner sternly, “What you know of anything – nothing! You know nothing!” Mike steps back onto his left foot, bowing his head and the smile is dropped. His shaggy hair courses his face and he wipes it from his eyes.

“You’re so naïve,” says the Detroit native, “Everything I went through; I think I know a thing or two about losing. You – Akira – don’t know shit about what losing means!”

“Don’t know shit,” shouts back the Devine Wind, as Cross steps forward, “I know more than you think!”

“I’m not the one who lost our belts,” Mike shouts back, “But I sure as hell had more than a hand in winning them – I fought my heart out, injured and all, in one of the most dangerous matches there is! I could’ve lost my career and then you lost it for me! You know nothing of what it means to lose, because you’ve been shrugging off losses since you tapped out to JJ Johnson in our first tag title defense!”

At that point, the gloves have come off and the two begin to scuffle on the ground, throwing elbows and weakly thrown punches. It’s at this point that a man steps in and pulls ‘Iron’ Mike from the ground and then pushes him back down next to his former tag partner, the two looking up at the mystery man in awe. The camera pulls back and pans to see a short, stalky, and balding Japanese man who looks down at the two like they’re children and can only bare a smile.

“Mr. Kobe,” gawks Mike Cross.

“Hell you doing here,” angrily spits a sour Akira Kaibatsu.

“You two got a thing or two to learn about what being a tag team takes.”

So, I guess Precious Paul was all they really needed, huh?

Good promo; we need more tag teams around here, especially since we just sent the Cadillac Boys running back to their bingo hall.

*ahem*

Akira is the Divine Wind. If he's the Devine Wind then we can only presume he's related to Johnny Devine, and that's not a good thing to be.

Otherwise, more tag teams are indeed good. But Mr. Kobe is still a whore :P

I wanted to do something for this storm, but I couldn't get to a computer the last two days, so I couldn't talk to you about it. Really good ending. Nice job.

Sign in to follow this